[Town - ORP] These Are the Days of Our Lives

Moderator: Community Team

Peronell

[Town - ORP] These Are the Days of Our Lives

Post by Peronell »

[OOC: This is a town everything thread ... feel free to mingle and well ... whatever. /OOC]

The first stop was the pet market. The founders of the town had thought it best to keep the market on the edge of town because of the odor that comes with keeping animals in pens. The selection today wasn't great but she picked a toad up because it was there and tossed it in a little wooden crate that came with the purchase. She left Steve with the correct change and walked back into town.

It's not a turtle but it will do. It will probably even be safer, I raise my own toads at home. She mentions to Thistle.

The walk back into town isn't far. The rag tag collection of buildings and tangled streets would best be described by someone else; her only interest lay in the mud brick building in the middle of a row of shops and buildings on the main street. She stops and removes a few hexes from the door before pushing it open. There was a part of her that would feel bad for the poor fool that ever tried to rob her shop.

The inside of the shop is open and there are more windows than anyone would expect and a strange hole in the roof that has been covered. Five or six paces inside the door was a counter which made the place feel smaller than it actually was and kept people away from where she cooked and baked. A fireplace and brick ovens line the back wall of the room with just enough room for a thin passage to the store room out back. A table where she could knead bread or roll cookies or chop up ingredients stood between the fireplace and counter where she was still standing.

She turns to Thistle, Give me just a moment please. She disappeared into the storeroom with a covered dish of mush for the toad.

Now, how to deliver this? I don't think junior or his parents will be happy to see me today.
thistletumbler

Re: [Town - ORP] These Are the Days of Our Lives

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle covered his nose near the pet pens, the smell was disgusting and made him feel sick. he was glad once they were away from them. '' you raise your own toads? '' thistle grimaced, wondering what the poor sods have to put up with, peronells twisted experiments most likely! he laughed slightly...

thistle watches her playing around with the door, he decided it was a kind of magic that was beyond the comprehension of his small halfling brain. he looked around the shop as peronell vanished into a side bit, it was perfectly set up to be an efficient bakery, and she had laid everything out so it would work by clockwork.

thistle pondered her question...
'' how to deliver it? well if either of us go back to there now, i think we will be run out of town with pitchforks and torches, despite our high standing in the government of this wonderful land. '' he gave a bark of laughter at the irony of it.
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

She looks at him, plainly unimpressed,

You're the viceroy, I don't think you have to worry about pitchforks.

Her options are limited, she really did not want to deal with the screaming brat again today so delivering the "gift" in person was really not something she was considering. A familiar looking man on the other side of the street catches her attention Hmmm ... that looks like one of the students from the university ... if he wants to pass the course ... She dismisses the idea, she was not against blackmail she just does not want to end up in the stocks because of it.

Bleh. What this town needs is a messenger service.
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle and peronell had been staring at each other for quite some time, pondering their problem and trying to think of a solution..and thistle was starting to get neck ache. being short has its disadvantages, so he suddenly bursted out a word, '' EMUS!'' he grinned but then frowned as he saw the puzzlement on peronells face.

'' you say we need a messenger service, so i say we get emus to run our messages...and if you cast some of your powerful magic on one, it might do as we wish? '' thistle paused and then thought about what he had said... ''you know, if we aint careful, me and you shall be going to jail for animal cruelty!! '' he laughed and wondered how the animal welfare brigade would explain throwing the viceroy into jail...
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

She startles at Thistle's outburst and listens.

Perhaps.

She looks around and doesn't see an emu anywhere. She even looks to the skies ...

Or...

Thistletumbler wasn't entirely useless in this endeavor. He had given her an idea. The falcon that she used to hunt with could use a mate. She closes her eyes and thinks about the bird she had just seen circling in the air. Peronell concentrates; she can feel her thoughts overwhelm the birds instinct to finish the hunt and holds her arm out for the falcon to perch on as it gets closer. All told the bird's talons wrapped gently around her arm within ten minutes. She coos softly and runs her fingers over the soft feathers. This bird will do nicely.

Within a moment the bird has the package in her talons and delivers the package without incident.

There. Done.
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

with their little dilemma sorted out, thistle and peronell didnt really have anything to do, so just sat around and chatting, laughing about some stuff and talking about the happenings around secfenia. but then thistle asked peronell to follow him somewhere, she hesitated but cautiously agreed.

he grinned and they left. they walked all the way out of town, past the gates, through a small wood, and stood below a large mountain that was a short distance away from paz.
'' there is something up there that i would like to show you '' thistle said to peronell in vague explanation. as they trundled up the winding mountain tracks, thistle could hear peronell muttering to herself about silly halflings wasting her precious time and he had to bite his lip to stop himself from giggling..

a short time later they were at the summit of the mountain. thistle had brought them to a flat clearing and pointed to a stone boulder that was sitting in the clearing, it was a patchwork of colours and looked slightly out of place in the greyness of the mountain.

thistle beamed at peronell
'' look! its a celtic rock! '' he giggled then looked a bit more serious, '' i thought you would like to see it, but i also brought you here cause well...you know i dabble in poetry sometimes and i ah...thought i would write a poem/song thing about the adventures we have been getting up to reccently '' he told her his poem - it had quite a jaunty tune to it:

Peronell Peronell,
You really really smell,

Though its kinda nice,
And it mighta made me think twice,

You work wonderfully in the uni,
Even if you are really puny,

I threw you in the sea,
Even if you didn’t like me,

Your a wicked sorceress,
Gliding around in that magical dress,

Im just a Halfling, who has written a song,
And wondered, if youd like to sing along!

he grinned at her and hoped she liked his style of poetry...
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

This better be good. she thinks to herself as she stands and starts to follow Thistle. The walk was not exceedingly long nor was the terrain difficult. She stopped when they reached the bottom of the mountain and looked toward the summit. Her eyes slit with a question that remains unformed on her lips as Thistle reads her expression and hurries to offer an answer,
"there is something up there that i would like to show you ''
Her sigh has a hint of a growl but she nods and follows him. The ascent is steep and the trail turns back on itself like a snake as it meanders higher and higher up the mountain. The halfing, she notes unhappily, seems to be at ease in the mountains and scurries ahead of her on the path. Little weasel. Dragging me along ... this better be good or he might find out what it is like to be a weasel.

Despite her grumblings Peronell catches herself admiring the view. The shore, the buildings that get smaller and smaller as she climbs, the endless stretches of land with nothing to see for miles. The path beneath her feet starts to flatten out and she looks around the summit. Thistle draws her attention to what he wanted to show her ... a Celtic rock ... the powers rumored to be within even a small stone. And here ... a whole boulder ... amazing.

Her aura responds to her excitement and she lays a hand against the rock as Thistle reads his poem. A surge of power like she had never before known sizzles through her and she gasps as she pulls her hand away. The rock, she now knew, wasn't aligned to either good or evil; but simply recharged the aura or soul as some less in tune with their body might call it. She stooped to pick up a piece of the rock and held it in her hand. The small piece giving a much less overwhelming power.

Her voice is dry, sarcastic, dripping with mockery as she adds another verse.

Thistletumber
Your days are short in number
If you try to get me again to sing
You will find yourself taking wing
For you are right,
I am a sorceress of great might
And I'm in need of an emu.

The white teeth that gleam when Peronell smiles don't seem all that friendly though ...
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle laughed as peronell jumped away from the celtic rock as if she had been burned, he had liked her poem also and the ending appealed to his sense of humor...

'' i um, i explored this mountain as a young halfling...i have not been back here since i was still developing...'' his face looked far away as memories came back... '' i got jumped by some orcs...and only had my bread knife, so i did the honorable thing and ran away! '' he laughed, thinking how far his combat prowess had come since those days.

'' theres all kinds of magic rocks up here...i have found ones that roll and tip, some that pop, and some that hip and hop....i think...if memory serves.. i once found some that had ''R n B'' etched into them also, but what that means i have no idea. '' he suddenly grabbed peronells wrist and started to jog down a path, into a cave, pulling her along behind him '' but in here is my favorite, i think you will like them. ''

they were in a medium sized cave, it pulsed with magical energy, - it did not go back far, but in front of them was a high ledge with 4 huge boulders perched on it, with what looked like a childrens slide in front of them, but carved into the rock-face. at the bottom was a another ledge coming out of the ground, thistle and peronell stood behind this '' watch '' thistle whispered to peronell. as they watched, the big stones toppled forward off the edge, and promptly rolled quickly down the rock slide together to stop with a thump on the ledge which they were standing behind. thistle watched with wonder as the stones defied gravity, and rolled back UP the slide, to perch calmly back on the ledge at the top.

thistle grinned at peronell and pointed to a crude wooden sign that was in the ground nearby, it was rotting but what was on it could clearly be read in bright purple paint :

'' THE ROLLING STONES ''

( discovered, thistletumbler thimblethinner , 1645 )

thistle turned to peronell and said, '' that is what i christened them '' he smiled up at her, wondering what she thought of this crazy quirk of secfenian magic...
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

She is only half listening and hears random phrases "dinner knife, orc", and ignores the rest. Until he grabs her wrist and drags her down a path. Peronell walks slowly and still Thistletumbler has to run to keep ahead of her.

Entering the cave is like walking into a pool of warm water. The magic in the cave just seems to ebb and flow on tides in the air, lapping against her senses and causing her aura to glow softly.

A thump draws her attention to the stones rolling down the slide. They are mesmerizing in their movement, always so precise and in balance with the magical rhythm that she feels in the cave. She watches their lumbering dance a number of times and chuckles when a beatle tries to scurry across the slide and just does not make it.

Fascinating. she murmurs to Thistletumbler. She feels herself almost floating and knows that her senses are soon going to be overwhelmed with the power of the magic.

But, I really have to go now.

She turns and leaves the cave waiting for him at the entrance as her aura shifts back toward normal.
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle watches peronell, she seemed totally amazed and mesmerized by the cave, and seemed to be going a little crazy, and thistle worried that the magical energy in the cave was going to make her explode or something.

she suddenly turned and left the cave, so thistle wandered out to the cave entrance, where he saw peronell standing there, staring at the cave.
'' i dont think you should go back in there... '' thistle said to her and tried to steer her away from the cave, sensing that something in there could be harmful to peronell.

'' back in the day, i came here with my best friends brother, he was a huge human, about 6 feet 3, completely dwarfed me, but he was a good fighter and kept me safe around here. my friend was much too scared to come along. '' thistles face changed suddenly, showing a flicker of sadness which he quickly forced away. '' but silly hoomin, was a bit of a punk and got in an arguement with some orcs that live up here, they killed him and spit roasted him. '' another flicker crossed thistles face, but he kept forcing it away.

he looked up at peronell '' so, what you want to do now? ''