[Town - ORP] These Are the Days of Our Lives

Moderator: Community Team

Peronell

Re: [Town - ORP] These Are the Days of Our Lives

Post by Peronell »

I'm fine. She snaps her arm away from his as he tries to guide her away and turns to look back at the cavern. Whatever he says next is lost on her as she feels a strong desire to go back into the cavern and soak up more of that special magic.
thistletumbler wrote:'' so, what you want to do now? ''
Finally brings her back to reality.

She looks around and notices that darkness is beginning to cloak the mountain.

I think it is time to go back to town. My plans did not include camping.

She rubs her palms together until a glowing orb rests on her palm she puckers her lips and blows it across the distance between herself and Thistle until it hovers above him, lighting the way. Another orb soon follows, illuminating the path for her to follow.
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle is back in peronell's bakery, looking over her wares, trying to decide which lunchtime snack would be least harmful to his health...

'' do i got for the ''deathly doughnut'' or the ''killer krispie kream'' hmmm...'' thistle mutters to himself...
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Her back is to the door but that does not mean she is not alert. There is a difference to the air in the bakery, a current moving the heated air near the ovens on a lazy path through the shop. She turns away from the table where her special ingredients creep and crawl in a shallow box and prepares to offer a pleasant greeting. The sight of Thistle catches the greeting in her throat and she only manages a sound that is more like a growled greeting.

She steps to the counter and chooses a pastry from the odd assortment.

Try this one.

She offers to Thistle a pastry, golden and crispy, with a strawberry jam glaze. There is only a hint of a smirk toying with the corner of her lips.
Dimplebunce

Post by Dimplebunce »

The door sways open and a short figure appears inside. She is round but moves sprightly. Her hair is ginger and she wears a simple green dress. She walks in cautiously with her head up. Stops hesitantly for a moment in the middle of the bakery and takes deep breath.
- Ooooh ! -exclaims happily when she feels gorgeous smells and notices delicacies on the counter. She hops jauntily to the counter and her eyes widen in happiness.
- This looks so good! - she claps her hands merrily.
Suddenly she becomes aware that there are other people in the room.
- Oh, I am so sorry... - she blushes a little, her plump cheeks meeting the color of her hair. - I should introduce myself. I am Dimplebunce. - she says quickly - and I am so in love with this bakery!
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle takes the pastry from peronell cautiously, rolling it around his hands, looking for the squished bug or trace of poison in it... he was just raising the pastry to his mouth when a halfling bounded into the bakery!!! thistles eyes widened in surprise and he almost dropped the pastry for good measure!

he stopped for a moment and just stared...
'' um...hi, im thistletumbler thimblethinner, but everyone calls me thistle or TT...hi dimplebunce! '' he grinned, his delight obvious.

'' i have waited so long to see another of my kind in these lands...tis a delightful bakery, but i think the owner has attitude problems! '' he tried to keep a straight face but burst out laughing as he looked at peronells angry face...
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

The smirk falls from her lips, she could see the hesitancy in Thistle when she had offered him the pastry and quite enjoyed toying with the little one. He probably thought there was poison involved but really the secret ingredient ... well ... it adds such flavor but not everyone likes to know that adding dried and finely ground yvyrm adds a sweetness to whatever it is cooked with.

The short newcomer interrupts Thistle's bite and she gives Dimplebunce, now there was a name to go with the face, a nod.

Welcome and thank you. Help yourself to anything, there are savories and sweets. I baked the strawberry delights today with fresh ingredients and there are chocolate stuffies: A crispy cake layered with chocolate and topped with ... well, whatever you would like. Whipped cream, toasted almonds, crickets ... her fingers float through the air as she indicates rows of containers filled with delicacies.
Dimplebunce

Post by Dimplebunce »

Dimplebunce flutters in surprise:
- Don't tell me you are the only hobbit here? - she takes a close look at Thistletumbler glancing him carefully from tip to toes. Her attention however is quickly shifted to some deliciously looking pastry that her compatriot is holding in his hand.
- Is it...? Is it strawberry? - she exclaims clapping her hands in joy.
Dimplebunce lifts her head up to the attitude-problematic owner. Her words though made the little hobbit very happy. She stands there overwhelmed by the variety of goodies offered to her.
- Could it be chocolate... and strawberries... and some candied cherries on top ... no crickets, please? - she looks up at the owner with a timid smile.
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Done. Peronell address Dimplebunce and turns to prepare the concoction as requested before turning and handing it to her. She moves around the bakery and bundles up several breads and sandwiches and pastries and a bottle of fine ale into a wooden box and covers in with a cloth. She sets the package on the counter and nods to Dimplebunce.

Welcome to Paz, if you need anything let me know, but I am needed at the town hall now.

Peronell nods to a clerk, the baking was done for the day and the clerk would now take over the sales so that Peronell could be other places she was needed.
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle points at the box on the counter and then looks at dimplebunce and smiles. '' picnic? theres some very beautiful places a short walk out of town... im sure peronell has packed some ''delightful'' items in that box... '' the fanciful idea of peronell being nice made thistle chuckle as he waited to see if dimplebunce would want to join him for a picnic...
Dimplebunce

Post by Dimplebunce »

- Thank you so much! - says Dimplebunce and sinks her teeth into colorful pastry. She is delighted with a size and content of the box offered to her.
- It would be my pleasure - she says seriously nodding to Thistletumbler - Just promise me that a short walk is truly short! - she licks her fingers and hops towards door waiting for Thistletumbler to pick up a box from the counter. - Lets go! - hustles.