[Town - ORP] These Are the Days of Our Lives

Moderator: Community Team

thistletumbler

Re: [Town - ORP] These Are the Days of Our Lives

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle beams at dimplebunce and then picks up the box and follows her out the door.

they walked through the town of Paz, and out into the countryside beyond. thistle was finding the company of the delightful hobbit very enjoyable, and they chatted about many things, but mainly their shared love of food.

the walk was not too far, but they had arrived in a lush meadow, the grass a beautiful shade of green, and a little in the distance was one of Paz's smaller lakes, lake Piezmukch. it was warm but not hot, and thistle thought it was the perfect place to have a picnic.
'' would you like to stop here and sample some of the treasures in this here box? this is a beautiful place. '' he asked dimplebunce and smiled, holding the box in one hand while rubbing the long scar down the left side of his face with the other hand...
Dimplebunce

Post by Dimplebunce »

Dimplebunce was really pleased how agreeable comrade she has encountered. There is nobody more compatible to talk about food, tastes and various recipes, than another hobbit. She enjoyed the conversation so much she even forgot to complain about the lenghty walk.
- This is the perfect place for picnic - says Dimplebunce - and I don't really feel like more walking - she adds quickly.
They sit down by the lake and Thistletumbler puts a cloth covering box on the ground and they start browsing through the victuals.
- Oh, this looks delicious... - mutters Dimplebunce taking large sandwich out of the box. - This baker lady is one of the nicest people I've met recently!
Say, Thistletumbler, do you live here long in Paz?
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle grinned as he fished around in the box for a cheese filled bread roll and took a huge bite. he pushed his wavy, light brown hair out of his dazzling green eyes and looked at dimplebunce. '' yes...peronell is a fantastic baker, but i do sometimes wonder what she uses for ingredients... '' he grins and thinks maybe its better not to think about that.

thistle laid on the grass and looked at the lovely clear skies...with his green shirt and his shabby brown trousers he very much blended in with the grass, he had left his jazzy clothes at home.

he smiles
'' i used to live in Paz...but nowadays i live in a lovely town someplace over...there. '' thistle points to the north. '' but although i have lived all over the world and met many interesting people...something just pulls me back to cork every time. i think you would like it there. '' he took another bite out of his roll and looked in the box for the bottle of fine ale peronell had packed for them. he found it and waved it at dimplebunce. '' fancy a drink? '' thistle grinned...
Dimplebunce

Post by Dimplebunce »

- Well - Dimplebunce looks at her sandwich thoughtfully - I knew a confectioner once. He was very famous for his extraordinarily delicious raspberry candies and pastries. He told me his secret ingredient. It was... - Dimplebunce stops and looks at Thistle with a grin - ... beaver's buttocks juice! I cannot enjoy raspberry sweets anymore - she sighs and takes a bite of her sandwich.

- Maybe one day I will visit you in Cork - Dimplebunce smiles running her fingers through her wavy long hair - but for now I want to settle here in Paz.

She claps her hands at the sight of a bottle in Thistle's hands. She takes a sip. The ale is full of flavour and quite strong. One could not dream about a better finish after such a fine meal.

- What do you do in Cork? - asks passing the bottle back to Thistle - You surely look like an adventurer, that is hard to believe you have a regular job... or do you?
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle looked outraged as dimplebunce told her story about the confectioner. '' EEEHURGH!!! BEAVERS BUTTOCKS JUICE? '' he made a disgusted face and mimed being sick. '' thats crazy! '' he laughed and wondered how someone would one day just decide to throw that into a recipe.

thistle smiles as dimplebunce hands him back the bottle. '' what do i do in cork? hmm... '' thistle takes a big swig from the bottle and grins as the lovely liquid spills down his throat.

after thinking for a moment he says '' its my hometown and i cut wood there, but yes, i guess you could call me an adventurer. i have traveled all over the world and fought many things, and done many dangerous things too. '' he pointed at the scar on his face. '' as you can see, i wear some ''badges on honor'' from my travels. '' he chuckled and drew a finger down his chest diagonally '' i have a long scar down here too. an angry pirate sliced me with his cutlass when i was sailing the high seas...so i donked him over the head and threw him into the sea! '' thistle laughed at the memory.

thistle finished his sandwich '' but by far the worst injury's i sustained was when a horde of fenians beat me senseless. i still have a nasty wound under my hair here '' thistle tapped the back of his head gently. '' such is the life of an adventurer and thrill seeker i guess...although recently i have been wondering if it is time to settle down a bit. '' he took another swig of ale and looked at dimplebunce, curious what she thought of his tales...
Dimplebunce

Post by Dimplebunce »

Dimplebunce tucked her legs, rested her chin on her hand and listened to Thistle's tales. She said nothing, only looked at him carefully with her brown eyes.

Did she look with admiration? It was not common to find a halfling that loves adventures because these usually required long distance travelling and even fasting (!). Not to mention constant dangers and discomfort. One that undertakes such life voluntarily must be brave, and strong-willed, and... trustworthy... and handsome... and overall amazing!

Or did she look with disbelief? Boasting wasn't rare among hobbits, they were always big kids that wanted to impress everybody, not to mention a newly met lady... She saw the scars but maybe he was just clumsy enough to hurt himself cutting wood in his hometown? Hmmm...

- To settle and write those adventures down! - she laughs clapping her hands as usually when something excites her.
- "The uncanny adventures of Thistletumbler Thimblethinner" would be the title! That would be a bestseller! - she stops for a second and squints her eyes - Though I am not sure if you are old enough for scribbling books already ...
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle smiled shyly as he finished his stories, unsure if dimplebunce truly believed him or not. he knew they were true, and had many more besides, but he could understand why people would be cautious of fully believing him straightaway. that would change once they had seen him fight.

he chuckled at the title of the book dimplebunce offered.
'' well...i have only been around for 25 years, so maybe i should wait until i am 50 until i start writing the story of my life? '' thistle laughed, thinking that he was starting to get old...25 already...

thistle passed the last sandwich to dimplebunce and then finished his. he took a sip of the ale and then also passed the bottle to her.
'' so, what would you like to do now? '' thistle smiled and wondered when the last time he had had such a lovely day was.
Dimplebunce

Post by Dimplebunce »

Dimplebunce takes the bottle, closes one eye and looks inside it. Sorrowful sigh suggests she is not pleased with meager remains she finds at the bottom of the bottle. She looks at the sun, slowly declining above the lake.
- I don't know... - she turns to Thistle - I think we should be going back to town. I do not want to spend the night out in the open. Wandering in the dark is not one of my favourite activities either... - flinches and takes last sip from the bottle.
Dimplebunce

Post by Dimplebunce »

Dimplebunce puts away empty bottle and stretches her legs. The sky over the lake begins to change colors. Strays of orange and violet raise up indicating the end of the sunny day. She notices a strange shape over the trees:
- Thistle! Do you see that? - asks her companion - What's that?!
The shape grows fast coming closer and closer to their picnic site. Dimplebunce cannot believe her eyes.
Illuminated by the light of dying sun a horrid monster flies to them. Dark scales shine, sharp claws gleam, enormous wings cut the air. Terrifying yellow eyes spot little hobbits at the shore.
Everything happens very fast. One could even not notice what happened if he closed eyes for a second.
The dragon dives like lighting, thrusts his claws in Thistletumbler's body and with a defeaning screech flies away.
Dimplebunce screams in fear and watches helplessly as her hobbit fellow vanishes on the horizon taken by the giant dragon. Who could think such an innocent picnic would end up like this?
- Pity - she sighs - He seemed nice...
She packs the remainings of the meal to the box and heads back to town.