A Visit

Moderator: Community Team

balerion

Re: A Visit

Post by balerion »

That would be lovely. And no I grew this one specially myself in one of my gardens. All you need for some to grow in your own is a shard and a little... special fertilizer...
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Well, thank you. It's perfect.

Her eyebrow lifts and she decides that she does not want to know the ingredients of the special fertilizer for herself so she turns and leads the way into her home.

This way, if you please.

Peronell holds the door open for him to enter.

Make yourself comfortable.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Balerion's eyes light up at the books and grabs five which he opens upon the floor as he curls around the staircase. Reading them with one eye he looks at Peronell and wonders where she got such a fascinating collection. It wasn't all that surprising with her being a fascination herself but it was something to ponder upon.

Do you grow all of your plants yourself?
Shaker of Castles
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

She closed her eyes when she watched him get comfortable. Perhaps she should have been more specific. She does notice the exceptional taste he has in books, one of the tomes he had chosen from the shelves had been rather difficult to track down. There were other books, of course, hidden and of greater value.

Yes, I care for all of my plants from seedling or birth. I prefer knowing where my ingredients come from and I have found a way to grow a mushroom that is ...

Peronell changes the subject.

What brings you to Paz?
balerion

Post by balerion »

Simply intrigued about the mushroom Balerion cannot help but ask, "What variety? I love deathcaps and a few of the other fun types but mostly all I find on my hunts are the more ordinary only slightly lethal kinds. As for why I am here, need I a better reason than to meet the new ruler of Paz?"
Shaker of Castles
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

It is not so much about the lethalness, but when I feed my mushrooms blood from a chicken on the third night of a full moon they seem to make any potions they are used in work much quicker and more effectively.

She runs her finger along the spines of the books lined up in a perfect row on one of the shelves and taps the one she is looking for before pulling it off the shelf. She turns and hands it to Balerion and as she does can't help but notice the leather covering nearly matches. Peronell eyes him and can't help but think of a new sofa. She drags her attention back to the subject at hand.

Many interesting things about mushrooms in that one. As for Paz, being mayor is something new and I might finally be getting the hang of it.

Knowing Bravia would notice a missing mayor and not sure of her ability to fight a dragon, she decides on a different tact.

Can I offer you anything? Tea? A chicken? Water?

After the spectacle with her shrubbery she thought he might be parched and would prefer he not cough on her books.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Have you any Wassail? I am quite parched. Nothing does a person good like Wassail. That or a canned knight. They always stay so lovely fresh in those tin suits of theirs.

Balerion looks at the book and giggles helplessly as he reads the title Mushrooms: The Happy Fungi
Shaker of Castles
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

I keep some simmering in a cauldron.

She digs through the small pantry and calls over her shoulder

No knights; but I do have a canned ham if you are interested.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Have anything kosher in there? :P
Shaker of Castles
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Her guest is turning out to be rather fussy. Her lips curl into a disgruntled frown and she considers her options.

I have mushrooms.