Petal's Panoply

Moderator: Community Team

Petal

Re: Petal's Panoply

Post by Petal »

Petal waved goodbye with a smile, hoping to see Willow again sometime. She made a note to herself to have some biscuits in the store for her friend Max as well.

Turning to the fabric she laid it out on the counter, choosing to begin working on the shirt first. She smoothed the fabric out and made a few marks on it with a small piece of chalk. Looking about she muttered under her breath. Those scissors were always disappearing on her. Biting her lip she glanced towards the window. The street was busy but no one seemed interested in her shop, there were no faces peeking in at the moment. Taking her chance she quickly moved her hands in the air just over the fabric and mumbled a string of words, her green eyes darkening in concentration. Slowly the threads of the fabric separated themselves along the lines she had drawn. With a satisfied smile she moved the remnants to the side and picked up the pieces. Grabbing her sewing basket she sat herself down and began to piece the fabric together, humming softly to herself as she sewed.
Willow

Post by Willow »

After her trip to the bakery, Willow arrived at Petal's Panoply to see her new friend and maybe pickup her clothes; if they were ready?

Willow walked through the door and called out: Hello Petal, how are you today?

I went to the market and bought these yummy chocolate muffins. Would you like to share with me and we can have a chat? :D (Willow held the little muffins for Petal to see - she hoped Petal like chocolate as much as she did).

Petal

Post by Petal »

Petal was just putting the finishing touches on Willow's shirt when she heard someone enter. She looked up with a smile as Willow came in, the smile broadening with pleasure at the sight of the muffins. Willow, you have p..p..perfect timing, she said as she carefully laid out the shirt to show her. I've j..just finished your clothes.

Petal eyed the muffins and heard her stomach give a little growl. Those look d..delicious, she exclaimed, chocolate always being her weakness. They would go perfect with a c..c..cup of tea. Oh! And I have something for M..max as well.

Leaving Willow to look over her new clothes, Petal pulled two fresh tea cups and the teapot off a shelf in the back of the store. Glancing over her shoulder to make sure Willow was preoccupied she quickly strummed her fingers over the top of the teapot, a satisfied smile on her face as it filled with water. She measured out the tea leaves into it and turning back, she moved to the small fireplace in the corner to hang the teapot on a hook, swinging it over the fire to heat. That finished she returned to the counter and rifled underneath. Ahh here they are! she said pulling out a small bundle. Maybe Max would enjoy these while we have our tea and muffins? she asked with a smile.

Willow

Post by Willow »

Willow smiles when she sees her friend. Then she looks at her clothes, while Petal was getting the tea ready. She called out to her friend I love them, thank you. I especially like the embroidery, its very beautiful :D .

While Willow is admiring her new clothes, Max sneaks into the store (when he heard his name mentioned). Putting his paws up onto the counter he says Woof! Willow jumps and turns to him, what are you doing in here, you little monkey. Sorry Petal, Max has come in, is it alright if he stays? He won't be a bother :D

Willow then spots the changing rooms and goes and tries on her new clothes. Remembering to tell Max, you be a very good boy. While Willow is away, Max watches Petal with a knowing smile on his face.

Willow thinks the clothes are beautiful and she wanders out again to model them for Petal and Max. Then she sits down and enjoys her tea and muffins with her friend and they have a nice chat. Max also munches on his special biscuits. Its looks like he is enjoying the biscuits, thank you Petal that was very nice of you. :D

Petal

Post by Petal »

Petal patted Max on the head and gave him another biscuit as Willow tried on the clothes. You wouldn't get into anything, would you? she asked him, grinning as he gave her an innocent look. Glancing up she saw Willow come back in. That looks wonderful on you, she said. The color is p..perfect!

Petal took another muffin and settled more comfortably in her chair. She broke off a bit and nibbled it. I h..heard there's a party coming up, she said with excitement, having seen the announcement in the town square. I'm hoping to t..talk my husband into coming with me. She smiled. He's not much for p..p..parties though but perhaps I can p..persuade him. You'll be there as well, w..won't you? I'd love for you to meet him!
Willow

Post by Willow »

Willow smiles :D at her friend and nibbles on the muffins and sips her tea. Thank you for my clothes, they are lovely :D

Max nibbles on his special biscuits, glancing up to look at Petal and Willow occasionally.

Yes, I heard there is a party coming up and yes I will be there. I would like to met your husband. :D

I was reading the invitation the other day and it said its formal, and I have been wondering what to wear.
Last time I travelled I found a dress that I haven't worn as yet but I thought it would be nice for the party (I'm hoping it still fits me :lol: ). Have you decided on your outfit Petal?

Petal

Post by Petal »

After a long absence from her shop, Petal opened the door and entered. She felt a twinge of guilt for neglecting it for so long, especially when she noticed the film of dust covering everything. She set her basket down on the counter and looked about, hands on her hips, wondering where to start. The thought of using her magic flitted across her mind but she instantly dismissed it. A little elbow grease was all this place needed and exactly what she needed after all her days bent over her books in study. It would feel good to be actively doing something, she thought with a smile as she pulled her hair back from her face, tying it with a bright ribbon to keep it in place.

Taking a rag she began to dust and straighten up. With a few swipes she had the counter clean and moved onto the shelves displaying her bolts of cloth. Reaching up to the top shelf she took down the fabrics, brushing them off with her hand, her other hand coming to to mouth to cover a small sneeze. She smiled as she contemplated the material. It was what she had used to make her friend Willow's outfit. Wondering how her friend was doing, not having seen her for quite a while, Petal determined to be more social and pay her a visit soon.

Petal set the bolt aside and glanced at the next one. A small frown marred her features. She glanced back up on the shelf, her perplexity increasing. She could have sworn this fabric was a bright shade of vermilion, the vibrant color had caught her attention right away. In fact she had thought to make her husband a new shirt from it. But now she could see the color no where. She looked back at the bolt beneath her hand and absently smoothed the pale green fabric. With a mental shrug she turned to the rest of the fabrics.

A short time later Petal finished and flopped down in her chair behind the counter. She let her eye wander over her shelves, please with the arrangement of the various materials and the rainbow of colors displayed. As she contemplated a new color for Toxic's shirt, a bit chagrined as she had set her heart on the vermilion, she felt another slight tickle in her nose. Grabbing her hankie she sneezed delicately into it. Her eyes widened in surprise and she surged to her feet. There, right there, the exact shade of red she had been looking for. Sudden understanding dawned on her and a laugh escaped her. She took the fabric from the shelf and laid it out on the counter, smiling to herself as she began to lay out the pattern and hoping her sneezes, and the small involuntary bursts of power they caused, were at an end. It really was the perfect color for Toxic.