[ORP] Stop that Yvyrm!

Moderator: Community Team

Nikola

[ORP] Stop that Yvyrm!

Post by Nikola »

OOC: This is open to any and all who would like to participate. I had the following event in my list and thought it might be fun to RP about it. Please feel free to join in!
OOC: Feb 08, 1653 4:00 am: You have lost 1 cup of chicken soup from the town market that you were selling. It was reported that a Yvyrm (Kfnkzqzrgwyy) stole it!)
OOC: Feb 09, 1653 4:00 am: You have lost 1 cup of chicken soup from the town market that you were selling. It was reported that a Yvyrm (Gwnsykvhypkt) stole it!)
Last edited by Nikola on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikola

Re: [ORP] Stop that Yvyrm!

Post by Nikola »

Nikki had put her chicken soup on the market as ordered, and was whiling away the hours as she waited for Madkcat to come for them. She was momentarily distracted by another vendor when a whoosh of air caught her attention just in time to see a Yvyrm take off with one of the cups of chicken soup.

"Stop! Thief! Someone stop that Yvyrm!" she called out, but the creature was gone before anyone could even move. Muttering darkly to herself, she secured the remaining cup behind her table, holding it for whenever Madkcat arrived. She could only hope he would understand about the theft and forgive her for having only half his order ready for him.

"Crazy Yvyrm! Who knew they liked chicken soup?"

She wondered whether she should round up some hunters to track it down and kill it. Chicken soup was an expensive loss!
Johnstone

Post by Johnstone »

John had decide that on this beautiful day that he would go to the market to mill around and look for something new. He was enjoying his day when a Yvyrm came around the corner in a hurry and knock him down. The Yvyrm somehow managed to land on John's chest and was carefully holding a cup of chicken soup. Before John could grab the creature, it was up, off of him, and running down the street. John sat up and looked at the creature as it made its way....Stinking Yvyrm!....What is up with it carrying a cup of chicken soup?
balerion

Post by balerion »

Balerion had come to Paz to do some Yvyrm hunting but as soon as he put his boat in the water and caught a few fish it went and capsized. It had been getting rather old but it had worked for so well for so long, from Paz all the way to the oceans of Spirius, he had thought it would never sink. Grumbling and completely wet he pulled himself out of the water and onto the docks. He heard someone near the market shouting and decided he should investigate. One never knew what fun one might find when people were screaming shrilly. As he came closer he heard people muttering that something had been stolen. A nearby woman looked upset and was holding a bowl of chicken soup of all things as if she were protecting it from some dastardly villain. Bending down he asked her, Are you alright miss? Whatever is amiss, I am sure it can be remedied.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikki turned to face the decidedly male voice addressing her, turning her back on the soup for the moment. She found herself looking up into the face of a dragon and desperately tried not to show her surprise. After all, Secfenia was peopled with all sorts of races; this just happened to be the first dragon she had met so far.

“I am fine, thank you, but that darned Yvyrm stole my soup!”

A whooshing sound behind made her twirl around so quickly that her skirts tangled about her ankles and she tripped as she attempted to take a step back toward the table, falling in a heap of arms, legs and skirt. She looked up in time to see another Yvyrm…no, it was the same one!...make off with the second cup of soup. She would swear it laughed at her, if Yvyrms laughed. She raised a fist toward the miscreant and shouted after it.

“I hope that soup makes you sick, you ….you….you…thief!”

She wasn’t sure whether she wanted to scream or cry, or maybe just laugh hysterically. Madkcat would have to wait on his soup, it would seem, this time. She looked back up at the friendly dragon and pointed toward the swiftly disappearing Yvyrm.

“That is what is amiss, my lord. Yvyrms! Ooooo! If I get my hands on that one I will wring its neck, kill it, resurrect it and do it all again!”

As she glanced back in the direction that the Yvyrm had fled, she noted another man sitting on the ground looking as disgruntled as she felt.

“It appears I’m not its only victim either,she commented dryly nodding toward the fallen man who, like her, had yet to rise to his feet.
Last edited by Nikola on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Johnstone

Post by Johnstone »

“It appears I’m not its only victim either,” he heard the lady say and nod at him. John nodded back. He looked back over his shoulder to see where the miscreant went. Not seeing a sign or trace of him...he got up and dusted himself off. He slowly walked over to where the lady was sitting on the ground. John saw a dragon near her....he tried not to stare as this was the first he had ever seen. He had heard stories, but had never seen one before with his own eyes. He knelt down by the lady....he looked at her kindly and asked.....My name is Johnstone...my friends call me John. Are you ok?
Last edited by Johnstone on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

The man, who called himself John, seemed a kindly fellow and Nikki decided it was rather gentlemanly of him to come over and check on her. She sighed dramatically and nodded her head at his question.

“I’m just fine. But I’ve lost not one, but two….TWO!...bowls of soup to that awful creature.”

Shaking her head, she chuckled at herself, untangled her skirts and pushed herself to her feet. Once on her feet she stuck out her hand to John.

“I’m Nikola, but you can call me Nikki.”

She looked up over John’s shoulder and smiled up at the gentle dragon, a bit perplexed as to how one might greet such a creature. Do dragons shake hands?

“You’re the first dragon I’ve ever met. Actually, you’re the first dragon I’ve ever seen. Do you have a name?”

As an afterthought, she blushed slightly and added to both of her rescuers, “Thanks for coming to my aid, both of you. Would either of you care for an ale? Or tea, perhaps?” Frowning slightly up at the dragon, it occurred to her that she had no idea whether dragons drank the same thing as humans, other than water of course. “Or is there something else you would prefer, Mr. Dragon?”
balerion

Post by balerion »

I do indeed have a name, its Balerion. Its nice to meet you. And yes I would love an ale. Though wouldn't it make it easier to catch the yvyrm to hunt him now rather than having a drink and quick bite to eat as he takes off with your soup?
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Johnstone

Post by Johnstone »

Nikki....Lovely name for a lovely girl, he said as he shook her hand. Balerion...is right to catch the theif, we should get after him now. Maybe we can have some ale after the hunt?
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

She blinked in momentary confusion, having nearly forgotten about the Yvyrm in her curiosity over the dragon. As John echoed Balerion’s sentiments, she mentally shook herself and remembered why they were even here to begin with. She scolded herself for losing focus and nodded in agreement.

“Yes, you are both right, of course. I don’t know what I was thinking. I tend to get distracted rather easily…”

Her voice trailed off as her attention was momentarily diverted to a passing cart with shiny objects. As her gaze followed the cart, she suddenly found herself looking at John and was startled into remembering about the Yvyrm.

“Which way did it go? How does one hunt a Yvyrm? Can we kill it? Please?”

Her questions were addressed to both of them as she suddenly felt antsy and began pacing back and forth, eyes daring around the market for any sign of the miscreant’s whereabouts.