[ORP]The Baptism of Johnstone

Moderator: Community Team

Johnstone

Re: [ORP]The Baptism of Johnstone

Post by Johnstone »

John listens to Karceir carefully as he speaks to him about the commitment that he was about to make. He waits just a few seconds as things sink in and replies, Yes, sire. I do! John smiles and looks back to Karcier waiting for the next step.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikki sat quietly, listening carefully to the words the priest spoke, smiling as John answered affirmatively. When the priest asked "Do you understand the commitment that you are about to start?" Nikki wondered exactly what that meant. John obviously understood and was ready to move on to the next step, whatever that might be. A slight frown creased her forehead as she pondered the meaning of the ritual taking place in front of her. She had rarely gone out, so knew very little of the world around her, but now that she had gotten a “taste” of life in this little town, she found herself wanting to soak up every ounce of knowledge and adventure that she could. John was one of the first people she had met, Balerion the dragon being the actual first. But as he was a dragon, she wasn’t sure how that fit into the grand scheme of things here. She might have to track him down and ask him about it sometime.

Movement at the front startled her thoughts back to attention, and she waited to see what would happen next.
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

(Apologies for delay I got sidetracked by certain events.)

Karcier smiles and pulls out a second potion from his other hand. One was clear. The other was a bubbling green potion. He knew what the green potion tasted like, bitter and sour. Compared to the clear which was somewhat sweet. It was part of the challenge, would they pick the easier path or the more challenging one ?

"In my hands, I have two potions. The clear potion represents the appearance of many to be clear without any blemishes, but lacking any zeal, energy, or desire to improve."

There was a pause as Karcier let his words sink in, this was an important part of the baptism it should not be taken lightly. After a minutes silence Karcier resumed.

"The other potion represents your life in the future if you embrace the path of the Faith. You will always strive to improve, full of energy to do what is right, and the promise of your vows. These potions should not be drank lightly. For once you have chosen the path, you have admitted your wholehearted decision to accept the Faith. Walking away from what you know to be right is the path to inner destruction."

Karcier extends his hands out so that Johnstone may examine them more closely, he smiles as they speak the final words.

"I give you your choice. Pick your potion and drink."
Johnstone

Post by Johnstone »

John looked at the two liquids and listened to the words carefully as Karcier speaks them:

"In my hands, I have two potions. The clear potion represents the appearance of many to be clear without any blemishes, but lacking any zeal, energy, or desire to improve."

He looked at the clear liquid. It looked perfect. John bet it was sweet and perfect like it's appearance....no blemishes did sound good to him, but the lack of zeal, energy, and desire....he had so many plans and had so much he wanted to do....deep down he knew that was not the potion for him.

"The other potion represents your life in the future if you embrace the path of the Faith. You will always strive to improve, full of energy to do what is right, and the promise of your vows. These potions should not be drank lightly. For once you have chosen the path, you have admitted your wholehearted decision to accept the Faith. Walking away from what you know to be right is the path to inner destruction."

"I give you your choice. Pick your potion and drink."

The green liquid was bubbling. John mulled the words over he knew it was the right one. He wanted to strive to be better, to be full of energy, and to do what is right.

John carefully take the green potion from Karcier and speaks, "I choose to embrace the path of Faith!" He put the vile up to his lips and begins to drink the green potion. It as was bitter and sour. He choked a bit at the start. He was not prepared for the taste. It was nothing that John had ever had before; however, he was committed to start his vows right so he continued to drink the potion until it was gone.