[IRP] The Letter

Moderator: Community Team

Aida

Re: [IRP] The Letter

Post by Aida »

She kept her eyes averted for a while, listening to the sounds of the lake. A fisherwoman was shouting something from her canoe, nets cast wide in order to maximise the days catch. The dockmaster waved his red flag to indicated an hour had passed. It was peaceful here, but the peacefulness was hiding a turbulence within her. She turned to her sister, and offered her a smile.

"Was it innate? I am not sure. I have noticed my skills have weakened considerably since I left the woods and I am not sure why. I believe something was innate, though, and perhaps you have it too. Some magic can be learnt, but other talents are passed... the witch that chose me was a very powerful one. Sometimes when an apprentice rebels they are simply... cut loose, but she wanted to hold on to me. More and more I think that was for a reason, but there are so many questions... so many mysteries."

She shook her head, "I know one of our mother's ancestors was rumoured to be sidhe, to have magical ability. Perhaps we are able to learn magic quickly because of that. And then, of course, there is our mysterious father. Whoever I ask I get conflicting accounts. One, that he was a Poet who charmed our mother with his sweet words and gentle way. Another, that he was a powerful Sorcerer that enchanted her mind and stole her away! The more I find out, the more I wonder."

Aida took a seat on one of the stones, rubbing her hand once again over one of the ancient symbols.

"Tell me, have you ever felt some natural power come to you? Or felt able to twist ambient magic into spells?"
Lexi

Re: [IRP] The Letter

Post by Lexi »

Lexi frowned, thinking on Aida's question. There had been occasions as she had grown up, that she had experienced unusual sensations in certain circumstances, most often at times of heightened emotion as a teenager. As her years progressed and she matured, it happened less. She had not been able to explain it then, but Aida's words offered an element of explanation. She paced back and forth absently, coming to a halt and looking toward her sister.

"I think perhaps, when I was younger, yes." She had never spoken of the experiences she had had, fearful that she would be considered slightly insane, for she could not have explained it even had she wanted to. Now things were different. She had nothing to fear from revealing this to her sister. "I noticed it most in my younger years, but not as much these days. I never knew what to make of it. I still can't fully explain it now."