[ORP] A Life Less Ordinary...

Moderator: Community Team

Alexa

Re: [ORP] A Life Less Ordinary...

Post by Alexa »

((RL always comes first. That post was in no way directed at you. I was just bored so threw something in there is all lol))

It was mid-morning. Alexa was busy pottering around her home. She was not working at the Castle that day, and felt a bit lost for what to do. She wasn't one to sit idle, and found having time on her hands often bored her.

She was stood on the threshold to the back porch about to cross into the spring sun when the knock came. Her brows raised in surprise. She hadn't been expecting anyone to call, and couldn't for the life of her fathom who would be on the other side of her front door. There was only one way to find out. She walked swiftly through the small house, taking only a moment to pass from the back to the front, and swung open the door.

"Varann!" she exclaimed, her surprise and pleasure evident in her voice. She stepped out into the sun, wrapping her friend in a warm embrace."I'm so glad to see you," she said, releasing xer and gesturing to for xer to follow her inside. "How have you been?"
Varann

Post by Varann »

(didn't think you were having a go i just don't like leaving people hanging without giving the reason)

with a grin xie accepted embrace unintentionally lifting Alexa up

'I have been good, my life and lovers has been treating well my friend. Sorry i didn't call over sooner but my business took longer than expected,' xie suddenly realized what xie was doing and put Alexa down with a bit embarrassment showing on xer face and then was careful to clean xer feet before going in Alexa's home.

out of habit varann left xer staff at the door along with xer battered travel bag
Alexa

Post by Alexa »

Lexi's feet left the ground as Varann wrapped xer arms around her waist to return the hug, and she grinned and squeezed her friend a little tighter. "I've missed you," she said. "You're here now, that's the main thing." She smiled warmly as her feet found their way back onto solid ground, and she led Varann through the house into the quaint kitchen. "I'm glad to hear your lovers are treating you well," she said with a wink. She felt a momentary pang of jealousy and wished she could say the same, although it wouldn't be fair to say she was treated badly, she simply wanted....more.

Mentally shaking such thoughts from her mind, she set about preparing some tea for her friend, busying herself stoking the embers of the cooking fire, adding a single log and hanging a kettle of water over the heat. "Sometimes I wish I could click my fingers and bring the flames to life," she said with a chuckle. "Sit," she offered, gesturing to a rather rickety looking table and chairs pushed up against one wall of the kitchen, upon which sat a vase with some daisies picked from the meadow behind her fields. "Have you managed to complete all your business?" she asked, hopefully Varann might be able to stay a day or two at least.
Varann

Post by Varann »

'mostly there are few details left to sort out but they know how to get in touch with me if they need to.,' follow Alexa to to the kitchen after taking out xer carefully wrapped package out of xer bag and with a grin placed it down on the table before sitting by the fire 'but at least some of what i wanted to do got done,'
xie looked around and smiled as the place reminded xer of home really, just with less clutter and books around hearing Alexa's comment about the fire reminded xer 'well i think i have some thing that will at least make it a little easier at least,' xie starts to rummage in xer pockets 'just a little something i've manage to make,'
Alexa

Post by Alexa »

Lexi nodded as Varann spoke, listening whilst at the same time preparing a pot to brew the tea leaves, and setting two cups and a jug with milk on the table. Xie seemed to have such a busy life, and it seemed to Alexa that xie was always in demand. Although, with skills such as those possessed by Varann it was not entirely surprising.

She watched with interest as Varann began to root through xer pockets. Her curiosity was piqued, and she wondered what Varann could have made that could make building or creating fire easier. She quirked a brow, and waited for the big reveal. "The suspense is killing me," she said with a laugh.
Varann

Post by Varann »

xie pulled out a little flat box with a rough edge on one side. opening it reveled little pieces of wood with a bulbous head.

'here if you take one of these and quickly rub the bulbous bit of the wood against the rough edge of the box it creates a bit of flame on the wood.,'

give a quick demonstration and when it's lit xie places it near the wood and tinder so as to help the wood burn. once it starts to burn xie place places xer piece of wood in the fire so that it can safely burn away

'it's quicker then using a flint and steel but you have to be a bit careful not to let it catch your fingers as the wood burns as well,'
Alexa

Post by Alexa »

Alexa sat in wide eyed fascination as Varann struck the odd little stick of wood against the roughened edge of the box in which it had been housed. The flame appeared almost immediately, and Lexi could not help the excited squeak that escaped from between her lips. She leaned closer, watching as xie carefully held the burning stick to some tinder at the edge of the fire pit. After only a few moments, the tinder sparked to life and tiny flames began to lick at the piece of wood before xie nudged it further into the pit to burn. "I cannot believe it! It's like magic," she exclaimed. "Varann you are truly a genius. I don't know how you come up with such wonderful ideas!"

The cast-iron kettle of water began to bubble, and after wrapping rags of cloth around the handle, she tipped the steaming liquid into the pot containing the tea leaves and left it to brew. "How long will you be in town? I hope you'll stay with me while you're here."
Varann

Post by Varann »

smiled at Alexa's reaction but modestly replied 'i guess i thin of these things because I have no magic so i have to find more mundane methods to accomplish my aims. but really anyone could have done it if they wanted to it's just for me there was a need to create them,'
xie settles back down in the chair, and begins to unwrap xer package
'well i'm planning on staying for a few weeks even after my business is concluded. after all i did make a promise to a certain friend of mine, that i would take them with me next time i went traveling and it would be nice to stay if you have the room,'