Hey Fenia VR, could you please...

Moderator: Community Team

Constance_de_Vere

Re: Hey Fenia VR, could you please...

Post by Constance_de_Vere »

Duke_of_Earl wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:09 pm -Golum pieces are another product for which I've recycled plenty at 2.20F. They serve no real function yet, though some people will stockpile the ones they find for when they do. In a recent halloween event, they were used to build and fuel defensive golems against a zombie attack, events like this happen throughout the year, one uses mints, another roses, etc. Most of the ones I've got listed were bought in at that price and reposted or were bought in as a sweep from several different people and posted at the average of what they were paid for. I can post them for higher, but it is usually best to do that during the event month in which they are used. Throughout the rest of the year they tend to go down in price and only serious competitors for the event titles even bother to buy any at all. Most people either settle for stockpiling what they get for free over the year or don't even bother and are the ones selling them for ~3F that I bought them from in the first place. Sometime when the market gets too many lines of the same product, I have the temple or TH buy it all up and repost just to fit it all back into 1 line.
This isn't true. Golems pieces can be used by masons to build either large or small golems, too. As I said earlier in this conversation, I much prefer ones that are foraged than to have to make one in my shop. I just don't bother buying them unless they're very cheap since golems aren't selling well.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

balerion wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:37 pmGoing on the ocean requires a mere fishing boat. Easily achievable by a level 1. They cost what, 90f? Granted, Pazians have easier sea access by far, but it isn't an advanced activity at all. Of course eating a 2 stat dairy product and a 3 stat item would likely still be cheaper in the long run. Less labor and all that.
The lake takes the rowboat which costs ~90F. The ocean takes a sailboat which costs ~300F. The sailboat can be used on the lake too, but has the same effect on fish. TH gives rowboat grants. Sailboats aren't as big a deal here as we aren't a port, and the ocean is a couple days travel from the town. Eating a 3+2+...aloe? daily is also at least a 40F per day cost. Short of eating one self caught fish per day and trading the other pair for the +3 item, keep in mind again, most low level folks here are on a daily wage of less than 30F. You've gotten used to I think making money as a legend who travels about, money doesn't really flow like it does for you for homebody's at the start of their careers. However this might be a good moment to plug that we may also offer +3STR items as part of military service packages for the army.
Constance_de_Vere wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:19 amThis isn't true. Golems pieces can be used by masons to build either large or small golems, too. As I said earlier in this conversation, I much prefer ones that are foraged than to have to make one in my shop. I just don't bother buying them unless they're very cheap since golems aren't selling well.
Ah, yes, thank you. This is a V3 development. I've not updated any of my lists for V3 yet. I'll get to it once I'm back about at full steam.
What do golems do?
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
balerion

Post by balerion »

Duke you can sail around the entire world with a simple fishing boat. You just can't use any of the shortcuts. I don't know what yields are for new players on wood these days, but I do know that with a boat or a bucket you can average 3 fish or fruit a day. In Bravia that would be closer to 45f, but even in Fenia wouldn't that still net you at least 36f? Fishing on the ocean will give higher yields than that making it possible to bump those numbers even higher. Even simple foraging in the woods can be easily more profitable than 30f. Lots of fruit to be found. As far as wood if you live in Imperius and want a better price on wood you can sell for higher rates in Widu. My newest player who has actually stuck in the game is level one but she already figured out she can make more money hunting than she can chopping wood. I tried to make sure she was doing good economically but she was already far more capable than I realized was possible at that level. And I can assure you she makes more than 30f a day.

I hate to say this, but the mines have evolved past needing players to work them. WIth all the peasants working fields it might be time for the same to happen on farms. These days I usually forget to manage mine but I exclusively hire peasants. Labor costs for players far exceeds that of the mere 16f that a peasant will work for. I know this is a dangerous comment to make, but yields are still too high thus leaving no need for as many farmers to produce. I ran my fields only until I finished my stats. There isn't any real point anymore. I don't need money. The only improvement I care to make at this point is finishing University classes. If I sold field products competitively I would only drive the markets further down. Perhaps that could help others get higher stats faster, but it would also hurt other people's revenue streams. I've been driven out of production of particular items before, I certainly don't want to do that to anyone at a lower level.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Marleen

Post by Marleen »

Just wanted to comment that aloe is sort of expensive and uncommon and the cathedral can heal for free , its just slower
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Marleen wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:35 pmJust wanted to comment that aloe is sort of expensive and uncommon and the cathedral can heal for free , its just slower
It's one of those odd moments the current few weeks on the market. Aloe has also often been a weed item with hundreds up for 2F and no use for them. Zach fixed it recently by making them also able to heal animals, and so be initially cheaper than feeding. This should bring the price up some from what it had been in the past and make it a bit more of an in demand a product. It should eventually settle in so there is some up all the time but no longer a great glut and also cost similar to fodder prices; anywhere from 3F-10F.

The Cathedral healing isn't automatic, it's manual; the priest or deacon performs the healing when we arrive ((log in to the office/Inner chamber)). If you see myself, or Gemma or Aniel present at the time you need a healing just poke us a mail and we can do it right away.

Healing uses an in-house currency called Holy Drinks. They are made from Barrels of Mint Tea, though I think we can make them from all beverages these days. I don't remember how many Holy Drinks are made from one barrel of Mint Tea, but healing is part of the temples operating costs that I referenced earlier. The temple buys in a barrel of Mint Tea once or twice a month at a cost at least 100F per barrel. We also buy windows to replace ones broken by folk seeking the negative alignment gain from breaking temple windows.
balerion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:20 amDuke you can sail around the entire world with a simple fishing boat.
The rowboat? I didn't know that one could go in the ocean at all. The V3 description of the sailboat does say deepwater access and 3 nodes per day possibly implying rowboats can travel the shallows at 1 or 2 and they now do have a soft limit modifier it seems. I'll take your word for it though, I've never tried it myself.

but I do know that with a boat or a bucket you can average 3 fish or fruit a day. In Bravia that would be closer to 45f, but even in Fenia wouldn't that still net you at least 36f?
Yes. It'll get you 40F at a price of 13.35 and up to 50 at 16.70F
TH usually buys in the ones for 13.35-13.95 regularly to export, but fish still will sell to folk for up to abouts 16F if left up their.

Fishing on the ocean will give higher yields than that making it possible to bump those numbers even higher.
Do you know what the specific yields are for the ocean? I'll update some stuff to include that information.

Even simple foraging in the woods can be easily more profitable than 30f. Lots of fruit to be found.
Can one forage in the woods without exiting/leaving town? for more than one full day reset to reset?

As far as wood if you live in Imperius and want a better price on wood you can sell for higher rates in Widu.
Fenia City likewise is an importer of wood.

Labor costs for players far exceeds that of the mere 16f that a peasant will work for.
This is part of the inflation I spoke of earlier. There was never a fiscal need for field wages to rise above 20F. People were just chasing after WP. Now that temples are offering WP for up to 15 credits, perhaps field wages will sink back down a bit.

but yields are still too high thus leaving no need for as many farmers to produce.
I don't think yields are too high. I suppose contents differ town by town, but I can certainly stand to see higher yields in potatoes, eggs, fodder, etc. Remember less yields mean higher prices. I don't like higher prices. I know some folk may, but I like bargain prices.
balerion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:20 amIf I sold field products competitively I would only drive the markets further down. Perhaps that could help others get higher stats faster, but it would also hurt other people's revenue streams. I've been driven out of production of particular items before, I certainly don't want to do that to anyone at a lower level.
You could sell them via TH only so as not to compete with the younger citizens. I mentioned earlier how TH uses profit on sales to pay for everything and keep a growing treasury.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida