[ORP] Firestorm Manor

Moderator: Community Team

Texas_Knight

Re: [ORP] Firestorm Manor

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK nodded to Nikola and looked at Ben. "Yes, do be very careful with the items indeed. Since you know the room, then I just need to tell you the layout I suppose. The table needs to be next to the window where it can absorb the moonlight. The barrel of water needs to be next to the table on a stand so I can turn the tap for a little when I need it and won't have to dip into it to get some. It will be used for drinking and for work, so I do want to keep it as clean as possible. There are two smaller stands/tables, those are for the armor and will need to be placed on either side of the main table. There's a crate containing herbs and other items of that nature, put the crate on the stand to the left of the main table. DO not open any of the items! I cannot stress this enough! There are things there that will kill a human with little effort. My tool belt and bag can just be placed on top of the table as I'll be wearing those as soon as I start the process. And lad, last but not least, I'll need a source of fire, a burning candle will be sufficient enough for this, and it will also allow the light that I will need to see my ingredients." TK thought a moment to see if there was any thing he was forgetting... "Ah, yes, two more things, in the saddle bag on the left side there are treats for Oblivion, He may have 2, but not more. And in the saddle bag on the right, there is a coin purse, once you have taken care of everything, you may have the contents of said purse." TK nodded as a dismissal from his attention and turned back to Lady Faranni.

"M'lady, I do believe you may be correct. Although I do not spend all my nights out in a bar room, and liquor isn't the only friend I know, I do go there from time to time to enjoy some Fire Brandy. A pleasure to meet you properly." TK poured himself more klahua and took a good long drink as he turned back to Lady Nikola.

"You make a good klahua Nikola. Even in its basic form it has good flavor and nice body." TK smiled and took another drink. "I think Ben will be fine with the setup and I think Oblivion will accept his attention. Seems you have a fine helper."
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard
Faranni

Post by Faranni »

Faranni smiled sweetly at the orc-ish looking man and gently took a strawberry embedded in the cream, from Nikola's plate, and put it to her lips taking a bite of it. It tasted just as heavenly as they had the first time she'd had some while visiting Nocturne in Bravia. Bravian strawberries was without argument the best once. She savored it under silence letting them continue their seemingly important conversation.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikola watched and listened as TK instructed Ben, as much to hear the instructions herself as to watch for the level of Ben’s attentiveness. She could see that he was listening carefully and if she knew him as well as she thought she did, he was filing each instruction away in whatever order his brain sorted things into so that when the time came, everything would be done just as ordered. The gift of the purse contents surprised Nikola as much as it obviously surprised Ben and her eyes went back to TK as Ben thanked him for his generosity and then left to do TK’s bidding.

She waited until he had addressed Faranni, her lips spreading in a grin as he mentioned the Fire Brandy. That was a shared love for sure for the both of them, the Fire Brandy. She still remembered fondly the tour of his cellar with all the rare and tempting choices there. The bottle he had allowed her to choose for her own sat in pride of place in her private quarters and still contained some of the precious liquid as she only indulged once in a great while and then only in small quantities, wanting to make it last for as long as possible.

When he turned back to her, she gave a slight nod of her head with a smile at the compliment for the klahua.
“I wish I could take credit for this batch, but Cook did the actual brewing this time. She does do a fine brew, doesn’t she? We smoke the leaves in a variety of wood smokes before crushing them for the brew.” She took another sip and added, “this tastes like the hickory batch although it has a hint of Applewood in it. Cook likes to mix them sometimes for a special brew.”

As he commented about Ben, she nodded. “Yes, he is a fine young man. I would love to keep him with me for the long term, but I have a feeling he will eventually spread his wings and fly away, so to speak. He has a great heart and a willing spirit and that will take him far in this world.” She gave him a calculating look before adding, “That was a most generous offer, by the way. Ben would have done all that for nothing but the pleasure of being of service so even if the purse contains only one freznic, it would be generous of you. You are very kind...” Her smile widened into a grin as she quipped, “…but I promise not to tell anyone if you think it might ruin your reputation,” and gave him a conspiratorial wink.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Quixote made a circle around the grounds and had an enjoyable ride. He was disappointed that he ran into no threats or challenges that required desperate measures, but this was often the case. Giants, dragons, yvryms and bandits tended to make themselves scarce around Quixote and he knew the reason why.

He put the horse back into the stable and headed back to his room to complete the orc wizard's quest and to prepare for dinner. He didn't really understand the Fenian custom of wearing a bath robe to dinner as an honored guest, but he did not want to insult his host either.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Some hours later, TK's horse had been stabled and his workroom set up, and the household had gotten back to normal, or at least as normal as it could get with two guests in residence. Lunch had been served and eaten and Nikola and her guests had gone on about their day. Nikola had gone down to the lake to practice connecting to and exercising control over her powers. She preferred being near the water and away from the manor, just in case something went wrong. But the exercises had gone well enough and when she had finished, she was pleased to see that nothing had been destroyed and she felt comfortable with the level of control she had reached.

The dogs seemed to know as soon as she was done and all three of them came pelting across the clearing to greet her as she began to make her way back to the lanai at the back of the manor. She took some time to play with them, working in some training in the playtime, before she finally made it back inside. The savory aromas coming from the kitchen promised a delicious evening meal and she popped her head into the kitchen to find out when she should have her guests begin gathering for dinner.

Her first stop was Quixote's room as she had been informed that he had returned from his ride and gone to his room. She knocked lightly on the door.
"Quixote? It's Nikki. May I come in?"
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

"A very fine brew indeed." TK listens intently on the way the klahua is prepared in hopes of trying the technique himself one day soon. He drinks more of the fine brew as he listens to her speak. Her voice, there was something about it that appealed to his ears and he thought to himself that he could listen to her all day.

But alas, there were things to get set up and preparations to be made with his skills that Ben could not possibly do. "M'lady, if you let that get out too far I may have to do something rash to protect my reputation." he winked and grinned. He leans in closer to her and whispers "There's a little more than 100 freznics in that coin purse. I'm sure he'll earn every bit of it as Oblivion can be a bit cantankerous when it comes to feeding time." TK chuckled and leaned back, took another long pull from his klahua.

Time passed and things needed done and they parted company for a while. Nikola went off to do whatever she did and TK went to the room and smiled when he saw the lake and scenery out the window. It was indeed a nice view. He methodically set up his tools, ingredients, tables, and made preparations that needed to be made. Afternoon came and lunch was served. It was light and filling, not something he'd normally have, but it was appealing to his Orcish side moreso than his Lycan side.

While he was doing all this he noticed someone out by the lake and with his keen vision noticed that it was Nikola. He paused his activity and sat by the window watching her. He pulled his flask of brandy from his pocket and took a pull. Just a little after lunch was good for the digestive process and, despite the benefits, was something he enjoyed. He watched Nikola do her magic thing, admiring the way she seemed to flow and become one with the skill. He returned to his mixing and setting up as she finished her practice and played with her dogs.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Quixote had performed the surgeries necessary to get what the wizard needed. He had them in a small bag now when Nikola knocked on the door. Clad in his dinner bathrobe he answered the door and bowed low. "Welcome milady, I am so honored by your hospitality. Everything here is so wonderful!"
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Although surprised to see him in his bathrobe again, Nikola said nothing about it, not wishing to embarrass him. Perhaps it felt more comfortable to him than regular clothes while he was without his armor. She gave him a bright smile and inclined her head in acknowledgement of his bow. “Dinner is nearly ready. Would you care to accompany me to the dining hall?”

Once they were on their way to the dining hall, she struck up a conversation with her guest. “How did you enjoy your ride? Your horse looks to be in good shape. I’m hoping your armor will arrive this evening, or tomorrow morning at the latest. Do you have the items TK requested? I do so hope he will be able to keep you alive. I don’t know whether his magic will aid you enough to give you an edge over the creatures, but I just want you to live to tell the tale of the battle. I’m sure it will be an exciting tale!”

They would pass by the room she had given over to TK for his work and as they approached the door she stopped in front of it and rapped her knuckles lightly on the doorframe. “TK? Dinner is about ready if you are able to join us,” she called through the door.
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK is just finishing up his preparations and has every item in its proper place except for the two main ingredients. He is wondering about hunting on the lands of Lady Nikola when she taps on the door. He opens it and smiles a warming smile. "Good evening M'lady." he says. "I am able and I am ready as well. I have everything where it needs to be except for the two special items that I have yet to receive. But as long as I have those before the armor arrives all will be well."

Just then he notices Quixote and raises a brow, but says nothing, about the attire. "Good to see you Sir Knight."

TK steps out in the hall and closes the door behind him as they go to the dining hall.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Quixote bowed to TK.

"Good to see you to as well, lord wizard. I have completed your quest," he took out a handkerchief in which were rolled the two items requested and gave them to the orc. "I am sure it will prove satisfactory, but if there are further things I need to do, please inform me, I am in your debt for this service."

He did notice the raised eyebrow, and that Nikola also was very briefly surprised. He wondered if he had something on his face, but of course he had given up his handkerchief now and using the sleeve of his dinner robe was beyond gauche. He turned slightly sideways to the two and pawed his face, finding nothing he fell behind and pawed some more. He was sure none of them would notice anything out of the ordinary about his behavior. Not thinking about the robe, he began to wonder if his hair was amiss.