[ORP] Firestorm Manor

Moderator: Community Team

Nikola

Re: [ORP] Firestorm Manor

Post by Nikola »

Nikola watched curiously as Quixote handed over his handkerchief to TK, wondering just how literally Quixote had taken TK’s request. It was none of her affair, however, so she did not ask. She exchanged a look with TK when Quixote began pawing at his face, shrugging silently. She would not speak of it since he seemed to not want them to notice, but she wondered whether he perhaps had an itch that would not go away. If this continued she might have to see whether he would allow Faranni to take a look at him and discover whether any of her potions might help calm the itch.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Quixote catches back up with his hostess and soon the smells of another wonderful dinner begin to fill his nostrils. Ah this was the life for a celebrated knight errant! In time, he would be back to his brave adventures slaying terrible creatures and rescuing damsels. He had never technically rescued a damsel, but expected that it would come up any day now.

He did wonder that the orc didn't wear a dinner robe, as he was also clearly an honored guest at the estate. He had heard though, that wizards were often so absorbed in their research and incantations that they didn't quite fit in to society. Since Nikola chose not to make an issue of it, Quixote would not either.

As they reached the entrance to the feast Quixote remarked, "Oh how marvelous. Everything is so beautiful! You are indeed a gracious hostess my lady Nikola."
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

“You are very kind, Quixote,” Nikola responded to the knight’s words as they entered the dining hall. The kitchen staff was already bringing the food in on platters and in bowls of aromatic goodness. She nodded approvingly at the spread and indicated the chairs set to either side of the head of the table as the ones prepared for both her guests. If Faranni joined them, she would sit at the foot of the table as a full member of the household. As she took her place at the head of the table, she turned to TK.

“I know how much you enjoy boar. I bought this one off a butcher, but he assured me it was a fresh kill and I hope you will like the way Cook has prepared it. Ben has sighted a rather large one on the estate, but it has so far eluded our grasp. You are welcome to hunt on the estate lands once your task here is done, if you wish.”

The boar was presented on a large platter, the meat slow cooked to perfection, salted and spiced with Cook’s special blend of spices and served with onions and wild mushrooms sautéed in the meat’s juices and arranged around the edges of the platter in case people did not wish to mix them with the meat. There was fresh steamed broccoli from Bravia covered in melted cheese from Nikola’s own workshop along with freshly baked loaves of bread and butter to slather on the slices for those who wanted it. Iskir wine and Fire Brandy along with mint tea and cool, fresh water were all on offer to help the diners wash down the food.

“Enjoy,” she invited as she helped herself to a slab of boar and began filling her plate with the onions, mushrooms and broccoli. “I had expected the armor to arrive by now, but perhaps the smith wished to finish his dinner first. Perhaps it will arrive by the time we have eaten our fill.”
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK smiled and accepted the items from Quixote,"Thank you Sir Knight, just in time" opened his door and placed them in the solution he had already prepared, and then came back out to the hall. As they walked down the hall TK noticed the odd behavior of Quixote and thought about saying something. But what would he say? What could he say? He just shook his head and continued down the hall to the dining area.

'M'lady Nikola, you are a most thoughtful and gracious host." he said smiling and taking his seat to the left of his host. "If you are wanting that prize, when I finish the armor I shall bring it to you before the week is finished." TK took some Fire Brandy and a slab of boar, a few of the vegetables and left the broccoli for those that enjoyed the item.

At the mention of the armor TK nodded and smiled "That will be fine m'lady. Even if it didn't arrive until dawn, it would be acceptable to me. The items that Sir Knight has given me need a bit to soak in the solution as it is anyways." TK takes a bite of the boar and smiles. It was cooked, yes, but it was cooked just the way he would have done it himself, the juices were perfect. "M'lady, I don't know who taught your cook to prepare the boar, but I would bet they were familiar with Orcish tastes! This is delicious!"
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Quixote also found the boar much to his liking, though he preferred the well done pieces that had been closest to the fire. He also eschewed the broccoli having had quite a lot of it lately. The vegetables were amazing, stewed as they were in the boar's juices.

"I am pleased that the items I gave you meet your specifications, Sir Wizard, I must say I know very little about magic spells."
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikola was very pleased that her guests seemed to enjoy the meal. They chatted comfortably, taking their time enjoying the food and the company. They were just about finished with the meal when there was a commotion coming from the front of the manor. After a few minutes Thomas brought word that the armor had been delivered and that he had seen to it that it was taken to TK’s room. He also assured the orc that nothing had been disturbed in the room in the process of delivering the armor. Nikola thanked him and turned a smile on her guests.

“Looks like we are finally in business,” she quipped and downed the rest of her glass of wine. “I am rather anxious to see how well the smith was able to repair the armor so if it is alright with you, TK, I would like to check on that as soon as we are all finished here.” She had instructed the smith to smooth out all the dents and replace the worn leather straps that held it together. She hoped Quixote would be pleased with the results.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Quixote set down his knife. He was full to bursting. He hadn't realized how poorly he had been taking care of himself until he had arrived at the manor and taken it easy for a couple days. The warm delicious food felt like it had started a pleasant fire that spread itself through his body.

The announcement of the armor arriving put the light in Quixote's eyes, soon he would be having more grand adventures as Nikola's knight errant. She had not exactly commanded him to go forth and slay Xanthareels to defend her honor, not in so many words... but that's how the mission was unfolding in his mind's eye. He also imagined the armor fully repaired and magicked and thought that he cut a handsome figure as he swashbuckled his way through the vision.

"Ah my old friend," Quixote said out loud. When people turned to him he explained, "my armor, i've worn it nearly every day for years, its strange to be without it," he smiled and then hastened to add, "not that the dinner robe is uncomfortable, its very fluffy and soft... like a bunny rabbit." He realized his words were not making a lot of sense and so he picked up his goblet and finished his wine, feeling sheepish.
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK was full from the meal and enjoying the company and the fire brandy when the armor arrived. He smiled and nodded when Nikola's Thomas assured him that nothing in the room was disturbed. Of course she wanted to check the armor over and make sure it was properly repaired, that made perfectly logical sense.

TK chuckled at Quixote's words, especially the "like a bunny rabbit" part make TK actually laugh heartily. When he was through laughing he looked at Quixote and chuckled "Sir Knight, wearing armor for that long would really put some wear on it, and on you. It's not exactly meant to be worn every single day, unless of course you are in battle every single day." the last part was said with a lightness to it knowing that no creature can be in battle every single day. So what the Knight was wearing was a Dinner Robe.... hmm.. okay. To TK it looked more like a bathrobe, but that was probably a difference in cultures or something.

"Lady Nikola, the supper was wonderful and the fire brandy hit the spot to blend with the meal perfectly! My compliments indeed to you and the chef. If you are of a mind to, I think looking at the amor should be done soon. I have to soak the leather straps in my solution for several hours to start with. During that time, perhaps an evening walk so you can show me these beautiful grounds before it gets dark?" he offered. It would be nice to see the grounds as all he's seen thus far is the view from his window and what he was able to see upon his arrival.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikola looked at Quixote in surprise as understanding began to dawn on her when he referred to the bathrobe he was wearing as a dinner robe. Perhaps she should have suggested he change before that first meal, but his comment certainly explained why he continued to wear it to meals. She chuckled as TK laughed heartily. Quixote certainly was full of surprises and the day he stopped surprising her was the day she would begin to worry about him.

She smiled as TK addressed Quixote, then looked across at him as he addressed her.
“Let’s go look at it now, then. I want to make sure the work I paid for has been done properly and I’m sure that Quixote will want to be reunited with his old friend, if only briefly before you begin your work. After that I would be honored to take you on a tour of the estate. Both of you, if Quixote would like to join us. Daylight is waning, but I think there should still be plenty of time yet before darkness falls. We should have a half-moon tonight and the skies are clear so even if it gets dark, there should still be enough light if the darkness catches us.”

She rose from her chair and beckoned her guests to follow her. “Shall we, gentlemen?” She led the way to TK’s room, but stopped and stepped to the side of the door without entering. Indicating the door with a sweep of her hand, she addressed TK. “This is your room and I wouldn’t want to disturb anything I shouldn’t.”
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK opened the door and the light coming in was perfect to light the room with that golden glow. He held the door as the Lady and the Knight entered to examine the work that had been done by the smith.