[ORP] Firestorm Manor

Moderator: Community Team

Nikola

Re: [ORP] Firestorm Manor

Post by Nikola »

The door opened and TK was there, apologizing for having fallen asleep. She smiled and shook her head slightly. The orc had absolutely nothing to apologize for, in her estimation. Before she could say anything about it, however, he had invited them both in. When he told her he had a surprise for her, she gave him a startled look, then narrowed her eyes slightly in good natured suspicion, wondering exactly what he’d been up to.

Her smile broadened and the teasing look she had given him was replaced with genuine pleasure as she watched Quixote’s reaction to his armor. She had known he would be pleased, but seeing the absolute joy on his face made all the broken vases and chipped picture frames all worthwhile. She was curious as to what TK had gotten up to for her and got an inkling of what it might be when Quixote placed a helmet on his head that looked suspiciously like her own. She helped him take it back off and find his own helmet and noticed that something felt…different when she touched her helmet. She glanced up at TK with a questioning look, but did not ask just yet as she wanted to be sure that Quixote found all the pieces of his own armor and was able to place them all back together.

Placing her helmet on the table from which Quixote had picked it up, she finally saw that her entire set of armor seemed to be present. It looked much the same, but as she touched the breastplate she again had that sensation that something was different. Not wrong. If anything, it might be said to be more right. Again, a questioning glance at TK, but instead of asking, she busied herself helping the Knight to put together his entire kit. Once Quixote was encased in his beloved armor she took a step back and looked him over appraisingly.

“My, how handsome you are, Quixote!” she exclaimed, genuinely happy with both the smith’s work and TK’s spelling of the pieces. “I expect to hear many grand and wondrous tales of your adventures, my Knight Errant,” she told him, sapphire eyes sparkling in delight. “TK can go into more detail, I’m sure, but he has assured me that the spells he has placed on this armor will last a very long time. All you have to do is try very hard to be careful while you are out there fighting those xanthreels, yvrms, giants, dragons and windmills.”

She moved back to the table that held her armor and caressed it gently with one hand. Giving into her curiosity at last she finally spoke up about it. “I can tell something is different, but it is not the same as Quixote’s. At least it feels different to me. It feels…I don’t know, maybe warm? But not as with heat, but more … oh, I’m just not quite sure how to describe it. It feels good, though.” She did not say that she could feel her power pulsing within her as though it was trying to reach out to the armor. She controlled it and brought it back into its place of rest, not wanting to risk undoing anything that TK might have done.
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

As Quixote dubbed him the "greatest wizard short of the mages" TK laughed. "Thank you, but I'm far from even the lowest class of wizards. You can repay me by doing one thing and one thing only." TK paused long enough to cause a bit of an awkward silence before he smiled broadly and continued "Do not take foolish chances. The armor is perfectly imbued, but even a perfect imbuement is susceptible to foolish chances." TK paused again and let the gravity of that statement sink in before he continued. "The particular enchantment is one that protects against electric shock. You will feel a warmth when the armor is hit with electrical shock, but nothing more than a warmth. If you ever feel a light shock, bring it back to me immediately and I will renew the imbuement. If you do not bring it back, the shock you feel will become more intense until you finally feel the full effects of the attack. That being said, this one is designed to withstand at least a year of constant attacks, so you should be alright for a good long while." TK smiled and motioned for Quixote to go ahead and don his armor if he wished.

Turning to Nikola, TK smiled and presented her the empty vial of what once contained the main ingredients to the enchantment he used on her armor. "That is yours to keep my dear. It contained the ingredients used to make yours special."

He smiled and took a deep breath before he picked up the helmet and closed his eyes as he felt the aura pulsing through the armor. Slowly he handed it to Nikola. "M'lady, for you I have done a little something that I think you'll find useful in your particular line of work. I conspired with your helpers to acquire your entire set of armor and have it brought here in the middle of the night. I have put the enchantment of control on your armor set and given it some resistance against the heat that may be generated by the spells that you may be more prone to casting. Fire spells. You may find the spells have more.... power, as you are better able to focus them." TK smiled as he ran his hands over the gauntlets and felt the same warm pulsing that Nikola had felt when she touched the armor. The feeling was almost intoxicating to him as he could feel its power reaching out to his inner lycan. His eyes may have changed color again and his senses certainly heightened when he held the armor pieces. He closed his eyes and slowly passed the gauntlets to Nikola. "I hope you don't mind." TK smiled and hoped she actually liked the work he'd done. "Feel free to put it on or not, whichever you desire. I would like to hear your feedback though the first time you wear it." TK smiled and stepped back to allow her full access to the armor.
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Quixote listened carefully to the advice about the armor and was sure that he would heed it. One part didn't make sense though..."Foolish chances? Me...?" Quixote was surprised at this advice. "Heavens no, I'm about the most level headed person around, right Nikola?"
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

Before Nikola could reply said "Let me clarify that a bit then. Don't think you're going to be protected if you try to fight a lightening bolt. The armor will protect you during a battle from shock. But it won't win a battle for you, good Knight." TK smiled and hoped that cleared that up.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

"Ah yes, the limits of the thing, I do admit I was confused when we first discussed that yesterday, so I see why you caution me on it. Don't worry, I fully understand that this is only meant to give advantage in certain situations, not to make me invincible... that wouldn't be sporting. Again I thank you for this great gift, I will undertake any quest you have in mind to repay the debt." Quixote saluted. The armor was a bit lighter than before for some magical reason though and his arm speed was greater and so when his hand met his visor it was with unusual force. He staggered back two steps and then recovered himself. He held the salute a moment and then dropped it as if nothing had happened.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikola listened as TK explained to Quixote about the properties he had embued upon his armor, feeling confident and grateful to the orc for all he had done for her friend. Then he turned to her and handed her an empty vial which she accepted with a questioning look at him until he explained that it had contained the ingredients he had used to embue hers with something a bit different than what he had done to Quixote’s. She listened as he described what he had done and then she understood why her power had pulsed within her. She reached out to take the gauntlets that he handed to her, careful to guard her power so that it did not reach out wildly as it had been known to do. But Zhaneth’s training and her exercises had given her a modicum of control and even Vaelen had been approving of her level of control, if somewhat grudgingly.

She decided to pull on the gauntlets, to see what would happen and once they were on the power inside her eagerly licked at the material, as though tasting the spell. She wanted to try it out, but feared to do much inside the house. As TK continued to inform Quixote on what he could and should not expect with his armor, she espied a mug sitting on one of the tables and recognized it as the mug in which she had brought the klahua in to him some hours before. She picked it up and was pleased to see a small amount of liquid in it. Focusing her power on the liquid, she attempted to heat it just a little. The small amount of liquid began to boil almost immediately in spite of the small amount of heat that she had allowed herself to release. Her eyes widened as she set the mug back down and withdrew to break the link. The liquid continued to boil for several heartbeats before it settled back to just releasing a thin wisp of steam.

She turned back to TK just in time to see Quixote nearly knock himself out with his salute. She smiled, sapphire eyes dancing merrily to see him back to his usual self. Not that he had not been himself, but he had seemed a bit lost and uncomfortable without his beloved armor. Now he was whole again and it showed in the glint of pride in his eyes.

“Quixote, I will be ready to ride with you whenever you are ready. Just say the word and I’ll have Starr and your horse brought around for us. TK, would you care to join us for a ride, or would you prefer to rest once we’ve eaten? I had actually come here to say that lunch would be ready whenever you are ready to eat.”

She looked down at the gauntlets and pulled them off reluctantly. “These are incredible, TK. Thank you so much for this unexpected gift! You are quite right that they seem to focus my power more precisely, or perhaps enhance its touch. I’m not sure which. I will definitely need to work with it for a time to determine how best to utilize them and to adjust the force with which I release my power lest I cause more damage than I intend. I still have a ways to go before I have full control of what is inside me…” she began, but trailed off as she had not discussed her power or her struggle with it with anyone other than Zhaneth. John had seen her use it. Starr had been with her when she had used it, but both of those instances had been wild and uncontrolled, as was that fateful day in the fields of Bravia as she fought against the Xanthreels that had encroached upon the land and attacked the mines. Everything had changed that day and she was still recovering her memories, although she was fairly sure that most of them had been restored by now. She gave TK a smile that was a bit shy. She was fairly confident in herself, but the power that pulsed within her was something she was still not entirely sure of.

Shaking off her momentary shyness, she placed the gauntlets back with the rest of her armor and gave both men a more encouraging smile.
“So, shall we get a bite to eat and then go out to exercise Quixote’s armor?” she asked, looking first at Quixote then TK as she waited for one of them to respond.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

"I just came from breakfast," Quixote offered, "I'm sure the kitchen wouldn't mind sending a few snacks along with us on the ride though. I'm quite anxious to see how this armor works at a full gallop. Hopefully, I'll never have to take this armor off again. We'll be feasting later won't we?" Quixote's head bobbed with excitement as he thought about riding through the woods and perhaps coming upon the giant boar, or some other giant or a dragon, that would really test his new outfit.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikola laughed softly at Quixote's enthusiasm. "Certainly, we can go soon. How about I ask the kitchen staff to pack us a picnic lunch while Ben gets our horses ready. Then we can stay out for as long as you would like," she offered, wondering whether TK would be joining them or staying behind to take care of other business while she and Quixote took his armor for a test drive, so to speak. "TK, perhaps if you do join us you can see Quixote in action. That can be a real treat," she grinned and winked at Quixote.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

"TK, perhaps if you do join us you can see Quixote in action. That can be a real treat," she grinned and winked at Quixote.

Quixote beamed and stood a little taller after this compliment. He wondered if she was referring to his equestrian skill, his skill-at-arms or perhaps his leadership under pressure. He decided she was probably referring to a combination of the three.
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK smiled as he caught the demonstration of the gauntlets alone and the satisfaction on the face of Nikola. He smiled to himself and once he finished he nodded to Nikola. "My dear Lady, it would be on honor to ride with a Knight and a Lady."

TK caught her uncertainty in her voice as she talked about her power and nodded understandingly, but did not say anything. He winked and smiled "A basket sounds great as it looks like it's going to be a very nice afternoon."

In truth, TK was looking forward to spending more time with Nikola, and he was intrigued as to what Quixote's skill level was with his weapons. He was fond of her and hoped it wasn't showing too much, but hoped it was at least not being too vague at the same time. He knew that Oblivion would enjoy the ride and it would give him a chance to see more than he'd seen already.

Looking around at his room he was satisfied that all the items were safe to leave as they were as the potent items were already locked away. The most anyone would be able to do with the things left out is burn their eyelashes off. Turning to his host and Quixote he nodded. "I am ready whenever you are m'Lady."

TK wore no armor to the house the day before and had none to wear on the ride. If anything came about that required his ...... attention.... he would handle it in one form or the other. His Lycan form didn't wear armor anyway and his Orc form was pretty resilient. He wasn't worried though, he was sure with a true Knight that he would be able to just enjoy the ride.