A Few Things

Moderator: Community Team

Deirdre

A Few Things

Post by Deirdre »

I have observed. Waited. Observed more. Now I believe it's time to address a few issues.
  • There are no fish on the market. Seeing that Fenia is a fishing town, this is puzzling. That said, the lake is frozen today. However, I don't recall seeing many on the market to begin with, aside from the few I've listed here and there.
  • Stat foods with one stat point but two hunger points. Why? It seems a waste of perfectly good resources, unless a citizen has specifically ordered such.
  • Zero mentor reports or mails. How are we to know who is in need of social points? Patrons, such as myself, have three a week to bestow and they are often wasted. Or if a citizen is in need of a craftsman?
Let the arguing begin.
Argenth

Re: A Few Things

Post by Argenth »

The Tuna sandwiches was made on my request for completing a food quest, and if I remember right they only come in batches of 18 when the baker makes them. I know a few others that are also going to buy some for their own quest.

Being a fish town, I wouldn't be surprised if people fish for themself, as it is easy acces for them. Fields, worshops, and what else also need people to work them. So I think people focus more on those areas.
|-| Banner by Faranni |-| "We are all the heroes of our own stories... Just sometimes, we forget that others have their own stories as well."
Duke_of_Earl

Re: A Few Things

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Deirdre wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:18 am
  • There are no fish on the market. Seeing that Fenia is a fishing town, this is puzzling. That said, the lake is frozen today. However, I don't recall seeing many on the market to begin with, aside from the few I've listed here and there.
This has been long running issue, I am not sure why. The town gives away free fishing boats and fishing with one pays an average of 42F a day. Seems like it would be a popular choice, but seems either that other interests prevail; or perhaps fisherman take their fish manually to other towns where the average price is higher than 13.35-13.95F. This is the price which Fenia TH buys in fish to export. If you like, one of the Town Council positions available is Master of Revels, and we've been looking for someone to host a fishing game/contest/event of which there are threads outlining the development thereof.
  • Stat foods with one stat point but two hunger points. Why? It seems a waste of perfectly good resources, unless a citizen has specifically ordered such.
Some of these fill a quest. Some peasants buy. Some people like to eat for rp flavor who are past the level up requirement but not yet at the stat cap. I do like to keep at least one set of every product available on the market by someone, including the sandwhiches. Really, more of a problem to my mind than the presence of 1stat/2hp foods is the lack of 3-stat and 2/stat/1HP foods which I've long hoped would become peoples staple diet in place of simple 2stat and 1stat items.
  • Zero mentor reports or mails. How are we to know who is in need of social points? Patrons, such as myself, have three a week to bestow and they are often wasted. Or if a citizen is in need of a craftsman?
The mentor posts the social point listings in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2001&p=186458#p186458
I'll give Rannek a poke, this is best as a weekly to monthly update, but even without such, people can do simply ask for social points who need them.
The craftsman request thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=9209&p=183809#p183809
That list needs a new year update as well; if folks prefer, rather than a link to your profile, upon request, I can make it a link to your forum location instead: i.e. : viewtopic.php?f=81&t=10244
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida