History of a Recent Revolt

Moderator: Community Team

Adamus

History of a Recent Revolt

Post by Adamus »

Introduction:

In the past month the Thrown of Fenia has changed hands twice. Did no one notice? Mayor John Johnstone of Fenia wrote a public letter to assure us all that there would be no significant change in our lives. That may be true, but I at least still have a few questions. As I lay out what I know and think I know, it is my sincere desire that those who know more will add to this brief history for the edification of our citizens and progeny.

Sincerely,
Would Be Scholar Adamus
Adamus

Re: History of a Recent Revolt

Post by Adamus »

Forebodings:

The following are a selection from Fenia's Town Duels:
On Jun 14, 1658, Ambrosia has challenged balerion to a Stats duel to severe injury
(Status: Challenger Did Not Show)

On Jun 12, 1658, Ambrosia has challenged Rannek to a Stats duel to severe injury
(Status: Duel Completed on Jun 14, 1658)

On Jun 10, 1658, Adamus has challenged Janetta to a Stats duel to 5 rounds
(Status: Duel Withdrawn on Jun 15, 1658)

On Jun 10, 1658, Ambrosia has challenged Johnstone to a Stats duel to severe injury
(Status: Duel Completed on Jun 11, 1658)

On Jun 09, 1658, Ambrosia has challenged Nikola to a Stats duel to severe injury
(Status: Duel Completed on Jun 10, 1658)

On May 26, 1658, Adamus has challenged Fireheart to a Luck duel to first blood
(Status: Duel Completed on Jun 03, 1658)

On May 26, 1658, Ambrosia has challenged Texas_Knight to a Stats duel to severe injury
(Status: Duel Completed on May 29, 1658)

My duel with Fireheart was my first. I was so excited I did not even notice the post on the same day announcing Ambrosia's challenge to Texas_Knight. After all, why should I notice, at that point there was no apparent threat to Fenia. It was only as I checked back over several days to see if Janetta has accepted my later challenge that I started to see the many challenges Ambrosia had made to the mightiest creatures in the Viceroyalty of Fenia. Even then I was not motivated to check the results. That has changed, looking back at the Details available abut Town Duels, I see Ambrosia won every fight. She defeated Texas_ Knight in 14 rounds, Nikola, the newly made Baroness of Westhollow in 22 rounds, Mayor Johnstone, newly made Baron of Greyford in 13 rounds, and Rannek, newly made Baron of Maltalto in 14 rounds. The new titles had all been awarded on June 1st of 1658. In each duel Ambrosia was reported to use Psyonic Blast as here preferred weapon. I thought I had seen a duel between Ambrosia and the priest Duke_of_Earl, but it does not show in the record going back to February of the same year.

If anyone can substantiate additional duels between Ambrosia and the Heroes of Fenia in the months of May and June 1658 please add your information to this post.

Sincerely,
Would be Scholar Badger Adamus
Adamus

Post by Adamus »

Alarms!

I first knew something of great importance was upon us when I received a letter from Mayor Johnstone with the instructions "Please join the kings army and help him."
I was subject to such orders because I had joined Fenia's Army Trainee Program for new citizens. As an Army Trainee I was provided with good quality food and weapons, worked in the Town Militia, and was subject to orders. I regret that I was slow to read this message which was written on 14 June 1658 and only opened it the next day after already signing up for my day's work with the Town Militia. I belatedly prepared for military maneuvers by putting most of my worldly goods in storage and hiring a Steward to oversee my goods and fields if I had to leave town. I also bought a jacket of chainmail. I then wrote to ask what was happening. Curiosity is my besetting sin. That and fish.

Before Captain Johnstone responded, I did what checking I could on my own. I saw the Royal Army of Fenia assembled in the outskirts of town under the leadership of King Zuan. As I recall the army was staffed by bellarion, Rannek, Texas_Knight, Archedeas, Mazork, Nikola, and Vhagar. The Fenia Home Guard was present with Mayor and Captain Johnstone leading Duke_of_Earl in battle readiness. Iseult and I stood ready in the Town Militia. I checked into the Rite of Succession and saw that the King's name had been joined by that of a challenger: Ambrosia. His Majesty had nobly submitted only his name for the Realm's consideration. Ambrosia's campaign oration consisted (as best I remember) of the slighting question "Is this the cat room?"

Also on the 15th of June 1658 I received the answer to mu queries from Mayor Johnstone. His responded as follows:

There is someone who illegally joined the ROS to take the kings spot.
We are going to revolt so that it will not happen. Do not take a job tomorrow
because you may need to follow him.

I responded that I did not think she had a snowball's chance in a very warm and well known location (so to speak), and asked if people from her homeland could vote for her. On the 16th, I received another letter from Mayor Johnstone:

Adamus,

You may work the town militia today. It is going to aid in the revolt.
The king has decided to move forward in the revolt because he does not
want to wait for the election. They would have to move here to vote for her.

John

This brings us up to the eve of the revolt. If you know more about what led us to this point, please add it to this public discussion.

Sincerely,
Would be Scholar Adamus
Last edited by Adamus on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adamus

Post by Adamus »

Ambrosia:

I have learned little about the challenger for the throne. She has homes in Widu and Imperius. She is a weaver, Weapon Master and Essencer. She has no titles or positions, and claims the last name of "Half-Whiskey." Ambrosia is an excellent duelist, is careless or unlucky at dice, and spends a lot of time haunting the shadows of the Traveler's Caravans found in the less lawful outskirts of many towns and cities.

From this and her complete lack of respect for Rite of Succession I apprehend her nature to be that of an ironic, bitter, and lonely creature despairing in her wickedness and anxious for the attention of her betters.

For interest's sake I am including here a report of one of the duels Ambrosia fought in Fenia in the days leading up to the revolt:

Ambrosia Vs. Rannek (Done on Jun 14, 1658)

Round 1: Ambrosia has fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Ambrosia has disarmed Rannek! Ambrosia lacerated Rannek.

Round 2: Ambrosia has partially blinded Rannek (-2 FP)! Ambrosia decimated Rannek.

Round 3: Ambrosia has fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Ambrosia decimated Rannek.

Round 4: Ambrosia has partially blinded Rannek (-2 FP)! Ambrosia lacerated Rannek.

Round 5: Ambrosia has fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Ambrosia decimated Rannek.

Round 6: Rannek lacerated Ambrosia.

Round 7: Ambrosia has fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Ambrosia decimated Rannek.

Round 8: Ambrosia has partially blinded Rannek (-2 FP)! Ambrosia lacerated Rannek.

Round 9: Ambrosia has partially blinded Rannek (-2 FP). Ambrosia has fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Ambrosia decimated Rannek.

Round 10: Ambrosia has disarmed Rannek! Ambrosia whacked Rannek.

Round 11: Ambrosia has partially blinded Rannek (-2 FP). Ambrosia has fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Ambrosia decimated Rannek.

Round 12: Ambrosia has partially blinded Rannek (-2 FP)! Ambrosia lacerated Rannek.

Round 13: Ambrosia has partially blinded Rannek (-2 FP). Ambrosia has fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Ambrosia decimated Rannek.

Round 14: Ambrosia wounded Rannek. Severe Injury has been reached! Duel Winner: Ambrosia

As always I am desirous of hearing more on the subject under discussion.

Sincerely,
Would be Scholar Adamus
Last edited by Adamus on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adamus

Post by Adamus »

Revolt:

You wake up in a dark alley with your head hurting, but you do not remember drinking. The last thing you remember is a revolt against the Castle

You saw Zuan among those revolting against the castle.

You saw Texas_Knight among those revolting against the castle.

The above is the extent of my knowledge of the actual revolt. It is from the morning of June 17, 1658 Anyone having more information please add it to our discussion.

The news reported:

Revolt in Fenia - balerion is the new Monarch!
Reported on Jun 17, 1658 5:00 am

balerion has taken over the Castle and sits as Monarch!

Sincerely,

Post Script: Did any one see me drinking?
Last edited by Adamus on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adamus

Post by Adamus »

Afterwards:

bellarion was Monarch of Fenia from 17 June 1658 to 18 June 1658
During that time Duke Zuan never gave up the title of High King of Fenia.
On the first day of bellorian's short reign several medals were rewarded

Reported on Jun 17, 1658 9:08 am

Duke_of_Earl has been given the Defender of the Realm medal by the Viceroyalty of Fenia.
Archadeas has been given the Defender of the Realm medal by the Viceroyalty of Fenia.
Zuan has been given the Defender of the Realm medal by the Viceroyalty of Fenia.
Texas_Knight has been given the Defender of the Realm medal by the Viceroyalty of Fenia.
Vhagar has been given the Defender of the Realm medal by the Viceroyalty of Fenia.
balerion has been given the Defender of the Realm medal by the Viceroyalty of Fenia.

The reformed VR Council consist of:

Councilor Mazork
Councilor Texas_Knight
Viceroy Aishe
General balerion
People's Representative Vhagar
Public Prosecutor Anessen
Judge Johnstone
Finance Minister Nikola
Mine Minister Akos
Internal Affairs Minister Duke_of_Earl

Mayor Johnstone's letter to the people of Fenia following the revolt:

Citizens of Fenia,
As some of you have noticed, there was a castle revolt that took place a few days ago which replaced our King Zuan with General Balerion. This revolt was planned and executed by our own king. He decided because someone has entered the RoS without permission, and thus has broken Fenian Law that it was necessary to reset the election counter, the only method with which to do so is through a revolt of the castle which we did. There was no disruption in our day to day lives and shouldn't be. If you encounter anything or have any more questions, please feel fine to contact me.

Sincerely your mayor,
John Johnstone

I have seen no other official notice of the revolt. Please add any you have seen to this discussion.

Sincerely,
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Adamus wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:54 pmDid no one notice?
The goal is to prevent such troubles from impacting the normal state of life and business.
Adamus wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:23 pmI thought I had seen a duel between Ambrosia and the priest Duke_of_Earl, but it does not show in the record going back to February of the same year.

No, I have never fought with Ambra.
Adamus wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:13 pm Ambrosia's campaign oration consisted (as best I remember) of the slighting question "Is this the cat room?"

I responded that I did not think she had a snowball's chance in a very warm and well known location (so to speak), and asked if people from her homeland could vote for her.
Well, in answer to her question, only insofar as every room in the world is the cat room -even the dog room-, but otherwise speaking, no it wasn't actually the cat room.

Oh, you might be surprised. This was only a legal issue of someone running without prior permission from the King. If King Zuan ever suddenly disappeared one day without ever appointing a successor first or granting permission to several potential ones for a run, such that a 'kingsmoot' ((or actual use of the ROS)) was actually required for the selection of a new Monarch, Ambra might have a shot at it. She is not entirely unloved in these parts.

Fenia IS actually her homeland. She left for greener pastures along with several others awhile back who felt unappreciated for their service. You'll find this happens from time to time in all three of secfenia's VR's. People will move from one to the other to a third and sometimes back again. One of the problems in this world are fully established status quo's that are potentially difficult to break into or change. This makes some people feel there is more opportunity in another land than their home; other times the inability to break through a status quo will make one feel resentful of their homeland for a time; but it's really no better in any other land and the same feelings will reappear in the adopted country too.

Adamus wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:29 pmShe has no titles or positions, and claims the last name of "Half-Whiskey."

From this and her complete lack of respect for Rite of Succession I apprehend her nature to be that of an ironic, bitter, and lonely creature despairing in her wickedness and anxious for the attention of her betters.
She did have titles. She gave them up.
In general though, not everyone without title is someone undeserving of title.
Some people are offered titles but choose to turn them down, being content to raise their families and pursue their business away from the demands of nobility and the griefs and stresses of court life.

"betters"? ... Alright, a bit of backstory.
► Show Spoiler
Adamus wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:33 pmbalerion has taken over the Castle and sits as Monarch!
((This isn't actually part of the story, it was just a mechanics issue. Zuan was meant to be installed but the system defaulted Bale into it. It's sorted now.))
Adamus wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:42 pmI have seen no other official notice of the revolt. Please add any you have seen to this discussion.
There probably wont be. We are past this and don't want to make a big deal out of it.
The notice that was sent out was to reassure anyone who did notice that all is well and good and normal; no reason for worries, and business as usual marches on.
Last edited by Duke_of_Earl on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:40 am, edited 13 times in total.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

The letter you received from the mayor was the official notice of the revolt. It was planned and sanctioned by King Zuan himself. Balerion ended up on the throne unexpectedly, and remained there throughout the majority of the first day until he had the chance to do what needed to be done to restore the rightful King to his throne. Fenia was in no way under siege nor was it ever in any danger. There are security reasons for not announcing the revolt in public, which is why every citizen received a private letter from the mayor of each of our towns after the fact.

Perhaps the next time you have questions about something like this, you may want to either respond to the mayor who sent you the letter, or contact one of your Councilors to ask. These halls are not secure and anyone, anywhere in Secfenia, can read them....which is why we did not make any grand public announcements. The reason for the revolt will not be made public unless the King chooses to do so. Again, there are security reasons for this that we prefer not to advertise to the entire known world. If you need to understand why, I will be happy to explain it to you in private.

Thank you for your concern. Everything is back to where it needs to be and life is back to normal.
balerion

Post by balerion »

*Glares at Duke* I was King of Fenia for exactly as long as I wanted to be thank you very much. Your words don't change the facts. Suggesting anyone would have performed better than me in a revolt is laughable.

(There wasn't a mechanics issue. Everything worked the way it's supposed to. Revolts aren't supposed to be orderly.)
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

((That whole line was in ooc parenthises and italics. Nevertheless: ))
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Duke_of_Earl on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida