The Barony of Wyvernston [ORP]

Moderator: Community Team

Nikola

Re: The Barony of Wyvernston [ORP]

Post by Nikola » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:40 pm

She looked around the clearing as he spoke of camping there tonight. It was pleasant enough and they had brought gear to do that. She thought she spied just the right place to set their bedrolls and began mentally preparing the campsite as she nodded in response. He was right to try to find a reason for the creatures to have come so far inland again. Last time they had done a great deal of damage to the mines. There had been no sign of the creatures until they had attacked from the lake today, but their presence here was curious at the very least, and may bode ill for the land or even the kingdom, depending on what they could find. The King would need to hear of this, and it would be best if they brought an answer to the question of why they were here when they did report it.

She smiled up at him and wrapped her arms around his waist as he gave her a big hug.
“I’m sure we can find some way to entertain ourselves,” she replied and winked back at him, feeling her face flush with just a hint of color. As he left to gather wood and spices, she returned to the wagon and began pulling out what they would need for camp. There should be a half moon tonight and both of them had very good night vision so no lanterns would be needed, she decided. She gathered up their sleeping gear and carried it to the area she had seen earlier. After clearing the spot of loose rocks and fallen twigs, she spread their bedrolls on the ground and made sure anything they might need was within reach.

By the time she had finished, TK had returned and went to work on the hog. Back at the wagon, she went through the basket of food that had been sent with them and selected a loaf of bread and some potatoes to add to the meal. TK might not eat them, but there was enough for two in case he did. She wrapped the potatoes in a cloth and tucked them around the edge of the fire, away from the flame but covered in the glowing embers of the fire to cook while the hog roasted. Once she had finished with that, she sat back to watch TK with the hog.
“Let me know if you need any help,” she offered before settling into a comfortable position on the ground to watch him work.

Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:44 am

With the hog prepared for the pit he carefully put the beast over the fire and sat down to rest next to Nikola. He picked up a bottle of brandy and took a good drink while recollecting on the events and what had, and had not, been found. After a while he spoke. "I think these were either left over from the last time, or perhaps they were blown in by a storm. They seem to have been isolated to this one pond, but we'll keep our eyes one the lookout for any other signs that may give clues to more as we travel." He noticed that his love had brought out some veggies and other items of food. That would be a good compliment to the meal. It would still be an hour or so before the hog was cooked, if it cooked fast. Otherwise it may be a couple hours.

He decided to change since things were more relaxed. He walked to the wagon and made the shift, dressed in human clothes and walked back to sit with Nikola. "Now where were we?" he said with a smile. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in close, kissed her and laid back on the bedroll. As they laid there they talked about many things that were in the future and the arrangements that would have to be made. The meat was starting to smell like it was well on its way to being cooked and the sounds of the forest had returned. The half moon was nearing the apex and the world seemed right. "Tomorrow we should be in the next village and can stay there and visit with the people who live there. I'll introduce us to them and let them know that they will be taken care of if they find themselves in need of protection. I believe I'll stay in this form so as not to frighten them. But I'll let the village chief know of my other form and let him decide how to handle that with his people."

He kissed Nikola and then checked the meat. "Still needs a bit longer." he said as he sat back down next to her.
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard

Nikola

Post by Nikola » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:38 pm

The aroma of roasting hog smelled wonderful and made Nikola’s mouth water as she waited for TK to change. When he returned from the wagon, it was in his human form which she still found surprising, so accustomed as she was to his Orc form. Yet it was a pleasing form and easy for her to wrap her arms around as he kissed her and pulled her to the ground beside him. They talked for a long time, watching the stars as they twinkled into existence in the darkening night sky.

“I think it is wise to approach the villages in your human form initially. They will need to learn your other forms as well, but this one should cause less concern for the first meeting. You only get one first meeting, after all,” she smiled as he left to go check on the meat, returning back to sit next to her again. She had risen to a sitting position as she waited for him and picked up a loose twig with which she played absentmindedly. She considered the preparations TK was doing with his lands for the people who already lived there and wondered about her own estate. Her work at the castle kept her fairly busy and she had not even made a plan yet to tour her lands to meet the people who might live there. She would learn from this trip, she decided, and make a plan once they were finished with TK’s lands.

Eventually the meat was ready, as were the potatoes, and the bread was warm. She unpacked some butter for the potatoes and bread, and they feasted like royals on the wild fare under the stars. Sated, they banked the fire and covered the meat so it would still be good when they arose in the morning, and then settled in for the night. It felt good to be out in the woods under the stars with the one she loved most next to her and she fell asleep with a smile on her face.