[TEST] Chicken Farm Profitability Tracker 12/27-1/5

Moderator: Community Team

Duke_of_Earl

Re: [TEST] Chicken Farm Profitability Tracker 12/27-1/5

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Nocturne wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:00 amSo you're saying that you're not sure if earning more money that buys more corn than you could produce beats out doing it yourself? *boggles* I think that's conflating spending with profits...just because you spend money to make more money doesn't mean that you profit less by not spending it.
...What? I'm using the same number of corn either way. Let's not exceed the parameters, hey. I'm not testing for which two combinations of any fields are together the most profitable. I'm testing how profitable chicken farms are. Wheat has no direct bearing on the profitability of chicken farms. Having or not having a corn field does effect what the startup costs of a chicken farm are. If your saying we could trade ~8 wheat for ~20 corn and maybe still have a few more wheat left over to sell for extra F too; perhaps so; but the extra or total combination isn't what I'm measuring; just the output of the chicken farm itself. Edit: besides hich there are other factors, wheat is 3 cycles per month, corn is 4. The profit per day each is what; etc.

----

Edit: re free ranged eggs.
Interesting, might be something to try on a round two or three and compare the results.
Values since the update would have to be 1.75F rather than 2.20 to bring in for reccling, but still, interesting.

For this round though I want to see what it is with the large output of plucked chickens.
My concern for eggs atm is not as great as it sometimes is. Meanwhile I'me ready to mass produce some chicken soups.

----

1st post data complete.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
marleen

Post by marleen »

So I am a huge fan of yours and usually end up reading everything that you write twice. It just floats my boat, ok? I've read this post about 6 times now, not exaggerating.

I've taken advanced algebra courses, calculus 1 and 2, probability, and some discreet math.
some math book wrote:Question #213.
A cat buys 4 chickens at 25 frenzics. After all is said and done, the cat now has 11 plucked chickens. How ?
What? I don't get how you ended up with 11 plucked chickens.

Anywho, so I purchased a chicken farm after being inspired by this post and am level 1 with no scarecrow and no dog. It sucks. I actually ended up with net negative profit because I used some of my stock for other purposes.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
RECEIPT FOR TAXABLE PURPOSES

YEAR 1659
REP ID #38429324 : Marv E.
DATE 2/7/2019
REGISTER #248
LINE #H
TICKET #958

RECEIPT FOR: "Marlkeen X."
DOB: 1/2/1621
RESIDENCE: N/A
SSN: 16A

RECEIPT OF PURCHASES AND SALES

4 chickens @ 25f each . . . . . . -100 f
19 eggs @ 3f each . . . . . . . . +57 f
4 plucked chickens @10f each . . +40 f
------------------------------------------
TOTAL . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . -3 f

THIS CONCLUDES YOUR RECEIPT

As agreed at the time of signing, your cost
of printing this receipt will be
$_______your firstborn child's soul_______
Thank you and have a nice day
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I'm going to do another round of no feed testing, "efficiently fed" testing, then with a scarecrow, then with a dog.

And then I'm going to go scream into the shower because why the heck are we producing eggs when so many people already have hundreds stockpiled? Oh, right, deep fried country chicken legs. I swear, Secfenian's probably have as much diabetes as hobbits do.
Rannek

Post by Rannek »

@Duke_of_Earl Sounds like you've got a fan. A huge fan at that. :P
Banner made by one of my bestest internet friends, Aishe <3 | A Parting Glass
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

marleen wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:05 pmSo I am a huge fan of yours and usually end up reading everything that you write twice. It just floats my boat, ok? I've read this post about 6 times now, not exaggerating.

I've taken advanced algebra courses, calculus 1 and 2, probability, and some discreet math.
some math book wrote:Question #213.
A cat buys 4 chickens at 25 frenzics. After all is said and done, the cat now has 11 plucked chickens. How ?
What? I don't get how you ended up with 11 plucked chickens.

Anywho, so I purchased a chicken farm after being inspired by this post and am level 1 with no scarecrow and no dog. It sucks. I actually ended up with net negative profit because I used some of my stock for other purposes.
Thank you very much, it is appreciated!

It was 15 chickens I had; 11 eggs on day 2.
If you want, earmark your chickens from this lot below to me @12.25F instead of 10.
I'll swallow the cost during soup production and it will bring you up to 6F into the black.
► Show Spoiler
I'm going to do another round of no feed testing, "efficiently fed" testing, then with a scarecrow, then with a dog.
Excellent!
And then I'm going to go scream into the shower because why the heck are we producing eggs when so many people already have hundreds stockpiled? Oh, right, deep fried country chicken legs. I swear, Secfenian's probably have as much diabetes as hobbits do.
I've found I can actually buy and slaughter chickens on a two day cycle. It's only profitable when your yields exceed 12 plucked chickens, (needs animal Husbandry for the off seasons in addition to all the rest) but it increases pace of access to pluced chickens without having time default allocated to egg production.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
marleen

Post by marleen »

I am using this post to track my progress

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

CHICKENS EXPERIMENT 1 (out of season)
NO COLLIE, NO SCARECROW, NO CLASSES, AVERAGE PROFIT
Day 1 FEB 11: 4 hens@25f, 4 [email protected] . . . . . . . . -114f
Day 2 FEB 12: 4 eggs@3f, 4 [email protected] . . . . . . . . -002f
Day 3 FEB 13: 3 eggs@3f, 1 feather@2f, 4 [email protected] . -005f
Day 4 FEB 14: 3 eggs@3f, 3 feathers@2f, 4 [email protected] .-001f
Day 5 FEB 15: 2 eggs@3f, 4 feathers@2f, 4 [email protected] . -002f
Day 6 FEB 16: 5 eggs@3f, 4 feathers@2f, 4 [email protected] . +010f
Day 7 FEB 17: 5 eggs@3f, 4 feathers@2f, 4 [email protected] . +010f
Day 8 FEB 18: 7 eggs@3f, 2 feathers @2f, slght@-16f . -004f
-------------------------------------------------------------
29 eggs@3f, 15 plucked hens@10f, 18 feathers@2f, 28 [email protected], slaughter@-16f
NET TOTAL . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +159f
DAILY NET . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +20f

CHICKENS EXPERIMENT 2 (out of season)
YES COLLIE, NO SCARECROW, NO CLASSES, AVERAGE PROFIT
Day 1 FEB 19: 4 hens@25f, 4 [email protected] . . . . . . . . -114f
Day 2 FEB 20: 7 eggs@3f, 1 feather@2f, 4 [email protected], 1 dogfood@5 . +004f
Day 3 FEB 21: 6 eggs@3f, 3 feather@2f . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +024f
Day 4 FEB 22: 14 eggs@3f, 3 feather@2f, 4 [email protected] . . . . . . . . +028f
Day 5 FEB 23: 10 eggs@3f, 1 feather@2f, 4 [email protected] . . . . . . . . +018f
Day 6 FEB 24: 2 eggs@3f, 3 feather@2f, 4 [email protected] . . . . . . . . -006f
Day 7 FEB 25: 8 eggs@3f, 2 feather@2f, 4 [email protected] . . . . . . . . +014f
Day 8 FEB 26: 10 eggs@3f, 0 feathers @2f, slght@-16f . +014f
-------------------------------------------------------------
54 eggs@3f, 15 plucked hens@10f, 12 feathers@2f, 24 [email protected], slaughter@-16f
NET TOTAL . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +236f
DAILY NET . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +29.5f

THIS CONCLUDES YOUR RECEIPT

As agreed at the time of signing, your cost
of printing this receipt will be
$__[this content is R-rated and cannot be displayed]__
Thank you and have a nice day

Note from accountant:
Just learn how to count already and stop coming
You're mean and rude and you smell
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
marleen

Post by marleen »

Okay, so I'm done experimenting and it seems that the retriever multiplies your primary item production by 2 on some days, but over time, this can be generalized as an average x1.5 increase in primary production. For chickens, the actual profit comes from the meat, not eggs, so the collie dog will only very marginally profit a person who is focused on the 2 or 3 day hen production cycle.

I also wanted to mention that the average earnings per day figure is only a theoretical figure. Let's be honest, feathers don't sell. There can also be other issues present such as overstock on the market, or low rates of field working that depletes these figures ( e.g., your field isn't making any money if it's waiting for work). A more realistic figure is 15f daily net for the first model with no pet and 26f for the second model.

I was unable to locate a scarecrow, so my documentation ends here.