[RP] The Forgotten Familial Connection

Moderator: Community Team

Ella

[RP] The Forgotten Familial Connection

Post by Ella »

A few months back, Ella had met a creature named Zehara. At the time, Ella had not really thought much of her. Many new creatures had arrived in Fenia and the surrounding areas at the time. She had tried to keep them all straight but admittedly they blurred a bit. Then one day in the tavern she found out the faerie with a naughty streak was in fact her cousin. A shared great-grandfather or something along those lines. But since then, she really had not seen the woman much even though she lived in her own town. Deciding that this needed to be changed, Ella followed the directions she had found to Zehara's home, a small cottage by the lake and knocked on the door.

"Zehara, are you in there?"
Last edited by Ella on Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
❋ Duchess of North Fenshire ❋ Wife of Zuan ❋ Finance Minister of Fenia ❋ Mayor of Fenia City ❋
Zehara

Re: [RP] The Forgotten Familial Connection

Post by Zehara »

Watching water boil was not the most exciting activity. Zehara sighed dolefully as she flicked her finger, commanding the spoon to stir the pot of water in the desperate hope that some bubbles might appear. This human realm living was truly dull sometimes. It was times like this that made Zehara long for the fae realms, for the magic, for the ease of life from which she had been banished. She let out another long sigh, her shoulders hunching over as she stared at the water. Boil. Boil. Boil. "COME ON JUST BOIL DAMNIT!" she finally burst out, her own temper boiling over while the water sat placidly still.

The knock at the door made Zehara whip around so quickly she almost fell off her stool. "Ella!" she cried, with a start. She hopped down from her seat and skipped over to the door, a genuine smile lighting her face for the first time in weeks. Months, maybe. There were only two good things she had found out here in the wilds of the mortal realms - her old friend Kenna, and her long-lost and unknown family. Sure, they were witches, not fairies, and that was... well, odd, to say the least. But they seemed like interesting people nonetheless.

"What brings you here?" she asked, opening the door with a grin to let in her cousin. Second cousin? Something like that. It didn't matter - in the Fae realms all relatives were "cousins." Once you got to a certain age it was pointless to make greater distinctions than that. Family. That was all that mattered.

Turning back to the fire, Zehara scowled and added with a rueful laugh, "And can you please make this water boil faster? I'm so hungry! Why is eating so much work here?"
Ella

Post by Ella »

"Zehara, my cousin, You live in my city and yet I never see you! I thought it best we change that." Ella smiled at the dark-haired fae as the woman turned around to look into her home. Ella peered inside at the water over the hearth, devoid of any bubbles. She couldn't help but laugh as Zehara asked her to make her water boil faster. Ella lifted a hand and the fire jumped higher around the pot, licking the sides of the medal. It began to glow almost white as Ella turned up the heat. Only a few moments later, the water came to a rapid boil, steam rising quickly.

"Better?" she asked with a teasing grin. She waited for Ze to step back inside so she could follow suit. Ella took a seat at the table near the fire and looked at Zehara. At the point, she was the only family she knew of in these lands. Annaliesa had left to go home shortly after arriving in these lands but not before she revealed that the Blackwoods were actually descended from a Fenian noble. Anna had even been granted a title and building before she had gone. Now, however, the tower was left unattended.

"Zehara, do you remember Annaliesa?"
❋ Duchess of North Fenshire ❋ Wife of Zuan ❋ Finance Minister of Fenia ❋ Mayor of Fenia City ❋
Zehara

Post by Zehara »

Zehara shrugged with just a tinge of guilt as Ella entered, scolding her for never being around. "I've always been more of a loner," she explained. In fact, she didn't even like most people. They were all just so... uptight. Hence why she lived way out here by the lake and stayed away from town as much as possible. The fish were less obnoxious.

She watched with a jealous eye as the fire sprang up at Ella's touch, turning the pot white-hot before the water finally began to boil. Life would be so much easier with that ability, she sighed. "So much better. Fooooood!" She shuffled over to the counter and dropped the eggs waiting there into the boiling water. She sighed again. "I never thought I would have to learn how to cook. In the Fae realms, food was just there. Whatever you wanted, you just thought it, and poof! Food!" Zehara waved a hand dramatically before her. She wasn't sure she would ever get used to life here.

At Ella's question, Zehara turned back to her with an eyebrow cocked in confusion. "Of course I remember her. It's not every day you find long-lost family, I'm not likely to forget them that fast! Even if I do prefer hiding out by the lake alone," she teased.
Ella

Post by Ella »

Ella chuckled as Zehara explained the hassle of obtaining food in this realm. It seemed as though she was struggling a bit without her usual powers in the fae realm. Ella could barely even imagine things being so easy that you simply thought about it and what you wanted appeared. Her irises shifted to different hues as she thought about it a moment before she spoke.

"Perhaps we ought to get you a steward so that you don't have to cook for yourself anymore," she let out another giggle before continuing, "It's not exactly the same but at least you don't have to do the cooking yourself."

Ella smiled a bit half-heartedly to Zehara as she again thought of Annaliesa. She had not trusted her cousin's intentions for being in Fenia, but she was still family. She had even revealed that their family, the Blackwoods, were of noble lineage in Fenia.

"Well, Anna...she left a few months back. I would assume she went back home but I do not really know, she did not tell me," Ella paused as her eyes scanned Zehara, "Well in her short time here, she revealed to me and the King that we were, in fact, decedents of Fenian nobility. High King Zuan granted her a title of Lady of Nettlebane Tower. Now that she is gone, Nettlebane Tower is vacant. I have spoken to the King, it is yours if you want it." Ella wondered how her cousin would react to this, she honestly was not sure if Zehara wanted a title and estate. But she was family so it seemed her right.
Zehara

Post by Zehara »

"Oh, I have a steward, but she's doing something with the fields," said Zehara, with a dismissive flap of her hand. The woman was a bit useless, really, but she supposed it was easier than carrying the wheat to market herself. Or dealing with hiring workers herself. If Zehara were still in charge of that she would probably spend all day playing tricks on the workers until she scared them all away. Maybe that was why Julia didn't seem to like her very much... Or maybe it was because Zehara kept telling her to buy pigs, then getting too attached to the creatures and refusing to slaughter them. They were just so funny, with their curly tails and their oinking!

Zehara froze when Ella mentioned Nettlebane Tower, her face contorted into a bizarre expression of confusion and shock. A tower? And a title? She had just been banished from the Fae realms, and she could barely boil an egg for herself, and now the King wanted to give her a title?? Zehara almost guffawed at the notion. If only Queen Rania could see her now! She would probably turn purple with fury. Or have Zehara's head boiled like an egg. Reminded of the eggs, Zehara rushed over to the fire and twitched her fingers at the pot. The eggs came floating out and landed in an empty bowl with a sickening thud. Zehara poked one anxiously, and found it hard as a rock. She flopped back onto her stool with a massive sigh, feeling like she wanted to burst into tears. Instead she asked pitifully, "Does it come with a cook?"
Ella

Post by Ella »

Ella tilted her head as Zehara explained that she had a steward but she only maintained the fields for her. Perhaps Zehara was perfectly suited to be a Lady with servants to help her! She tried not to snicker at the thought.

"Well, Ze," she paused then quickly added as a slight aside, "--I hope you don't mind me calling you that.--" She offered a grin to her, "I shall personally make sure your new residence has a fine cook on staff for you."

It shouldn't be too hard to find a cook for the tower. It's not like it was a giant castle with many people residing in it. The cook would just need to cook her cousin her meals. Now Ella just needed to find this cook. But that was a project for a bit later. For now she looked at Zehara with a bit of excitement.

"Would you like to go see Nettlebane Tower? It is not far from here. It is on the eastern shore of the lake, on the northern end."
Zehara

Post by Zehara »

Zehara shrugged at the nickname. She didn't care much what people called her. There had been too many names hurled at her in her lifetime for her to be sensitive about it. And Ze wasn't the worst nickname she'd ever had... though she supposed "that wicked little she-demon" was not precisely a nickname. Certainly not a friendly one, at any rate.

A half-smile tugged at the corner of her mouth as Ella promised a cook for her new home. "Well in that case, I accept." She rose to her feet, brushing the burnt egg off her hands, but then froze. "Wait, I don't have to like, bow and scrape and fawn compliments on royals if I'm a lady, do I?" That would be a deal-breaker. Zehara had gotten herself kicked out of the Fae realms rather than apologize to her own queen (and that for something she had actually done wrong!) She would be damned if she would fall over herself to please some mortal git with a shiny on her head. Or his head. However they did things in this weird land.

"I don't do sucking up well," she explained, leading the way out of her cottage. "Ooh!" She stopped again, blocking the doorway as her eyes lit up. "Does the tower come with defenses? You know, like catapults that hurl balls of fire?" That might make up for any bowing and scraping required. Though she would still never do it with good grace.
Ella

Post by Ella »

Her lips turned up slightly with amusement as she could see Zehara all but shuttering at the thought of having to kiss the heels of anyone even Royals. Ella thought for a moment, contemplating if that was actually a requirement. She began to follow after Zehara as she pondered, not noticing as she came to a halt and Ella nearly crashed into her.

"I would not say you have to fawn over anyone. I do suggest you do not insult them or anything like that. Generally just be polite if you see them. Which I don't think you see them often if at all, aye?" She shadowported herself around Zehara who still blocked the doorway so that she could lead the way to the Tower. Her leather boots crunched through the freshly laid snow as she walked.

"As for defenses, I do not know in honesty. But knowing Annaliesa, I'm sure she probably had something in place. But again, if she did not we can certainly get you something like with the cook."
Zehara

Post by Zehara »

Zehara blinked at the empty spot where her cousin had just stood. Did she know Ella could do that? She heard Ella's voice behind her and whipped around, almost losing her balance. "That's very annoying!" she complained, completely oblivious to the fact that she did things like that all the time, purposely to annoy others. Zehara jogged to catch up with Ella, the snow barely shifting under her fae weight. The human-sized glamor didn't come with human-sized mass.

"Well, I did throw a cartload of snowballs at the king last month. But apparently that was allowed. Encouraged, even." Her shrug indicated her complete lack of understanding of royal whims. If Zuan hadn't been asking for snowballs to the face she probably would've been decapitated for that little prank! Unpredictable, that was their problem. And definitely not a problem of Zehara's. Nope, nope. She was not in denial.

"Other than that..." she mused, glancing up at the leaden sky. "No, can't say I ever see any royalty." And she preferred things that way. Stupid Rania. She wished she could send a barrel of snowballs her way. Zehara stifled a giggle at the thought of Queen Rania's reaction to being bombarded with frozen water. Someday she would have to figure out how to pull that one off. It would be worth another hundred years in exile just to make Rania that angry.

"Oooh," Zehara grinned, prancing around in a circle. "I hope she installed something fun! Poison arrows! Molten lead! Boiling oil!" Her voice rose with glee as she enumerated the various possible deadly traps she could set upon her enemies. Not that she really had any enemies, yet. But with her disposition, she was sure to make a few. Besides, if Rania ever showed up here, she wanted to have a few tricks up her sleeve.