[Official] Temple of Fenia City

Moderator: Community Team

Ciphas

Re: [Official] Temple of Fenia City

Post by Ciphas »

I want to talk today about one of my favorite way of relaxing ... reading :

Books are masters who instruct us without rods or ferules, without words or anger, without bread or money. If you approach them, they are not asleep; if you seek them, they do not hide; if you blunder, they do not scold; if you are ignorant, they do not laugh at you.

Books, like friends, should be few and well chosen. Like friends, too, we should return to them again and again for, like true friends, they will never fail us -- never cease to instruct -- never cloy.

Book love... is your pass to the greatest, the purest, and the most perfect pleasure that God has prepared for His creatures.

Now i have a wish from you if you like reading or if you have a favorite book please make an efort and post it on our forum or send a msg to me and i will be glad to read it :)

Ciphas
Ciphas

Post by Ciphas »

Forgiveness:

If you and I want to have relationships that last for the long haul, then we must be willing to extend forgiveness to others. Here’s another way to say it: In every relationship you have, you will constantly be called on to forgive and to ask for forgiveness.

Forgiveness is costly -- it’s not easy to ask for forgiveness and it’s certainly not easy to extend forgiveness to those who’ve wronged us.

Forgiveness is the virtue we most enjoy and least employ. There are at least two reasons why we struggle with forgiveness:

Forgiveness is not natural. That’s why it’s so hard to do.
Forgiveness is not fair. Our sense of justice wants to be vindicated.
Ciphas

Post by Ciphas »

Autumn

There is no season in all the year so beautiful, so radiant with glory, as the early autumn.

There is no time when the human soul drinks in so fully the glory and beauty of nature.

All objects of beauty are more beautiful while passing away from us. The closing up of a beautiful life the fading of the holy stars in the dim light of morning the ending of a quiet summer day and the passing away of the bright summer glory, are all more sweet and lovely as they are lost to us.

The death-glow always beautifies anything that wears the trace of beauty ere it goes back to nothingness. We do not understand the secret of this principle, yet we know that it is some law of the infinite mind.

Ciphas
Ciphas

Post by Ciphas »

Misunderstanding happens all the time.

It is very, very easy to be misunderstood.
What if someone misunderstands you?
Not just what you say, but who you are?

What if you find that your motives are suspect
and your character is called into question?

What if they say that you are ineffective at what you are doing,
and they devalue you as a person?

What then?

What do you do about it if you are misunderstood?
You really don't want that!

This is why the feeling of `Love` can be so important.
It is a very close relation to `Friendship` and `Trust`.

It is a cousin to `Forgiveness`.
They come under the collective of `Virtues`.

Imagine if you have ever accidently insulted another, how did you feel when they forgave you?
Think on it.

Go in Peace my Friends.
Ciphas

Post by Ciphas »

This is my wish for you:
Comfort on difficult days,
Smiles when sadness intrudes,
Rainbows to follow the clouds,
Laughter to kiss your lips,
Sunsets to warm your heart,
Hugs when spirits sag,
Beauty for your eyes to see,
Friendships to brighten your being,
Faith so that you can believe,
Confidence for when you doubt,
Courage to know yourself,
Patience to accept the truth,
Love to complete your life.
Ciphas

Post by Ciphas »

TRUST.

That is a word that is used for many things.
We all have said (or heard said) "I trust you." or "I wouldn’t trust them." or "I will give you my trust." and not forgetting "Trust you to break it.".
Like many words it has different levels of meaning.

The most important one is trust in oneself.

After all, if you cannot trust oneself then how may others?
To trust in oneself the important thing is to never break your word.
Once you are known to always keep your word (no matter what) then you earn the respect of others and may be called `trustworthy`.

Once there was a citizen of our town who never broke his word even when it cost him a loss.
When I asked him why he still did what he said despite finding out that he would be losing money he replied...."Because I said that I would do it and I do not go back on my word!"

I am proud to call him a true `Friend`.

Go in Peace Brethren.
Ciphas

Post by Ciphas »

Today I want to speak about friends :

The best time to make friends is before you need them.

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.

The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.

A friend accepts us as we are yet helps us to be what we should.

This Mass is dedicated for my friends in this world :

Hayley_James ,Archadeas,Ulysses ,Mazork,Victorious,Miss_Malan ,Logo ,Misty,HunterofArtemis ,TheGardener ,Michael,Anjoliquee ,Chipie,Grendel.

With respect ,
Ciphas
Ciphas

Post by Ciphas »

To forget one's purpose is the commonest form of stupidity.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

It's choice - not chance - that determines your destiny.
Ciphas

Post by Ciphas »

Joy!!!

That is something that we all seek in our life.

There is the joy of a newborn child.
The joy of a job well done.
The joy of achieving a goal.
The joy of having been of help to others.

All these bring us joy in varying amounts but, there is also sadness in our life.

For without sadness how would we appreciate when we do have joy?
Joy is greater than sadness so it is better to think joyous thoughts when feeling sad.

Go in peace Brethren.
Ciphas

Post by Ciphas »

Family

A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold.

Family life is full of major and minor crises -- the ups and downs of health, success and failure in career, marriage, and divorce -- and all kinds of characters. It is tied to places and events and histories. With all of these felt details, life etches itself into memory and personality. It's difficult to imagine anything more nourishing to the soul.

Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space.

Now if you like our mass or at least it has made you smile please go to a fimily member and tell them how much you love them ...