[ORP]Marco's Campsite

Moderator: Community Team

Marco

Re: [ORP]Marco's Campsite

Post by Marco »

Marco was swimming in thoughts, mostly in thoughts to the events after coming to civilization. They were chaotic, painful, and regretful....but deep down, he was glad for the events. He didn't expect a son with the events, but he probably changed Theo's outlook on life. Or at least her form of birth control.

He quickly broke focus toward the figure approaching the camp, but as she grew closer, Marco knew it was Theo. As she quietly took a seat by the fire, he tried to find words to say to Theo, but ended up going for the truth.

"Theo...I....it's good to see you....how are you feeling?"
Theo

Post by Theo »

She sat down across from him, finding a strange comfort instead of awkwardness as she sat across of him. The flames of his campfire warmed her cheeks, making her realize exactly how cold she felt before the moment. Fires had a funny way of doing that; reminding someone of things. Even memories. Looking into the fire, she relaxed a little, ignoring the throbbing pain from the bandaged wound in her stomach.

Silence was left short, for Marco spoke to her. He sounded as nervous as she felt when she was around him or the baby. Somehow, privacy made it easier to look up at them both. Yet when she let her eyes fall on the child, she had mixed emotions. Some of it was from Riley, she knew that. His recoil and distaste fed into her just as she knew he would. Some of it came from pride. Looking at the child made her feel love, as if she saw the piece of her that felt as if it were missing. Even allowing a portion of that love was betraying everything she knew, and she resented it. So, she tore her eyes away from the thing she felt made her weak.

When she spoke to him, she was arrogant. Back to her usual Theo self, "I am well. I was out...hunting. Came across your camp. Fire lights up the whole sky."
Marco

Post by Marco »

Marco smirked as she said those words. It seemed like there was another reason for this visit, but he wasn't going to...pass up an opportunity.

"I see....haven't had much time to talk since after the birth...he is doing well," he quietly said as he glanced over to the crib. There were enough instances where Theo showed some care to the baby. It was just a matter of time for Theo to make this adjustment, or struggle with it for an eternity.
Theo

Post by Theo »

Marco told her the baby was well. It felt like a light in her soul, or a weight lifted off of her shoulder to hear that without being forced to ask, still, she turned her nose up and formed an expression of annoyance, "Well. That is all and well in itself. I did not inquire about the baby." she pointed that out on purpose, as if to deflect it away from the fact that she might care, and place the blame on the matter that he was the one to share the information with her, even if she didn't need it. She gazed into the fire, listening to the gentle sounds of the flickering flame, the quiet night, and a careful ear on the soft sounds of their child. A bitterness spread through the silky tones of her voice, "Does he respond to his name yet?"
Marco

Post by Marco »

He quietly pondered the name Theo gave...Valilth. He actually liked the name of his son. It was simple, yet unique to him. As soon as Theo suggested it, he started to call him Valilth right away.

"Starting to....he looks at me any time I say it now. I think it was a good choice."
Theo

Post by Theo »

Valilth.

Theo looked at the fire to shadow the smile that fought to rise. She looked up at Marco over the campsite, sorry that somehow she had lost a friend with the circumstance of her insanity, and of all of her crazy situations. There was a moment she wanted to apologize, but she didn't. Instead, she wanted to share. It was always something she could do with Marco; share. Because he accepted her, and she him. No strings attached.

"Valilth was sometimes called Vaelik. Depends on the tongue of language spoken. He was an angel with the face of a boy who had the job of taking souls to the Otherworlds. He would ride down on a three headed dragon, people would say. The face of a boy, on a powerful beast, and sweep away the souls of children to lead them to the Otherworld for eternal rest. He was spoken about by all mortal and immortal alike, as wise as the eldest man and as sharp as the youngest. He never spoke, and no one ever saw his form. He always focused on the job at hand.He was the way to eternal love, and safety."

Her eyes turned to Valilth, as she thought about the name he had been given. Eternal love, and safety. While he was not safe around her, she somehow felt safe around him. The plaguing memory of the God's shouts and taunts of forever being tied to the mortal world because of a child were now more understood. The baby tied her to this world, but it did not mean she couldn't leave it. He gave her a reason to be, and without knowing how, she loved him though she could not come to admit that it was there. She didn't know how such a feat was possible. With the knowledge of such, came the burden and guilt of the loss of his brother. It was, in every sense possible, her fault. She didn't care at the time, but as she gazed to the other, she wondered for a moment, what would he have been like? Somewhere in her thoughts, her tears won her over and caused her eyes to glitter as gems in the firelight.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Marco quietly listened to the story behind the name and found the meaning...interesting at the least. There wasn't really a belief system in his tribe, but more of a study of the mortal and immortal plane. The shamans would dive into the physical and spiritual world, mostly in an attempt to understand what is around them. The study always appealed to him, becoming an apprentice of a shaman. Of course he didn't get far before the attack.

As he observed Theo, there was a sense of...guilt...in her eyes. He would say that both of their burdens were harsh, but they tended to relive when they were together. He quickly scooted closer and brought Theo into an embrace.

"I think it's about time to seek this shaman of mine out...you have three personalities that is tearing you apart." Marco struggled to say the next sentence.

"I...can't bear to see you like this....I want to help...."
Theo

Post by Theo »

She found comfort in his embrace. It didn't matter what he was. To him, it didn't matter what she was. The acceptance of each other was comfort in itself, and if she could, she would have it no other way. When he spoke to her, she looked up at him. He broke the silence that had only been broken up by the crackle of firelight, and she held it for a moment longer as she looked at him when he admitted he could no longer bear to see her like this.

It made her wonder how much more she could take. She licked her lips, looking down at the ground with an intent stare. Marsalar would no longer be able to help her, going to him was equal to a mortal knocking on death's door to say "Here I am, take me away!". So maybe the Shaman idea wasn't such a bad idea after all. She felt too, that it was time to give him closure. He deserved that, didn't he? Closure. After all she put him through, he owed him that much if nothing else.

"I think you are right, Marco."
Marco

Post by Marco »

Marco only smiled at the response. It was still a long shot to talk to this shaman, but it was better than sitting around and watching the two degenerate into something much worse. He can bear the loss of his tribe, but an immortal would eventually break a mortal. It had the time to do it.

"I'll...contact the hunter first thing in the morning...is there anything that will make you happy right now?"
Theo

Post by Theo »

Yes. Yes there was. She wanted to hold the baby. She wanted to feel it love her back.

Shaking her head she shrugged gently, "No, I'm fine, just feeling a bit off. I guess that's to blame for lack of sleep." She couldn't admit her wants, mostly because she felt the recoil of Riley, who wanted nothing to do with children, much less the one she birthed. The God hated with everything that it did not take the baby as a vessel of it's own, so even it recoiled from the want that only Theo felt, clouding her judgement, and breaking her from being able to admit that. Looking down at her gloves, she tried to find some humorless jest to use an excuse, "I should head back to the Inn, Marco."