[ORP]Marco's Campsite

Moderator: Community Team

Marco

Re: [ORP]Marco's Campsite

Post by Marco »

He tossed and tumbled, but he slowly made his way out of the tent. Marco wasn't really a morning person, but there was a lot to accomplish if you rose early. He was slightly worried that Theo left, but he quickly glanced outside to find her stretching out. He wanted to connect with her, but due to her instability, he could only consider her a friend. They both endured a terrible past, and they liked similar things. It was at least someone to talk to.

"Hmm...slept well?'"
Theo

Post by Theo »

She breathed in the cool fresh morning air through her nose, closing her eyes to enjoy the deep breath before she released it through her mouth. It was just another strange habit she had picked up along the way, and yet it was soothing, refreshing to her. When she reopened her eyes, she heard Marco moving around. He had roused, and was questioning her sleep. She turned to look at him, a strange smile drifting over her face. It was somehow distant, but her eyes seemed clear. It was apparent that her thoughts were present, yet the expression had yet to catch up.

"I did, as a matter of fact. Who knew a lizard could keep a rock warm when there is no sun to warm them both? Did you sleep well?"
Marco

Post by Marco »

He chuckled at the remark; then started to drift into his mind. Marco realized that he didn't toss and turn like he usually did at night. Plus he didn't have a crying humanoid like the night before. He slowly got out of the tent and embraced Theo.

"I slept fine...better than most nights." He slowly let out a breath before continuing.

"Hmm...you probably have to head back into town...huh?"
Theo

Post by Theo »

He embraced her, and instead of recoiling, she allowed it, finding comfort in the embrace of someone who accepted her, for her faults and her...unique personality. She smiled in that, and sighed gently, wondering where his mind went when he fell silent, and was glad when he broke the silence to answer her question. Better than most nights? She couldn't help but wonder what kept him awake at night, and immediately felt foolish when she recalled exactly who she was being held by. She wondered if his isolation bothered him more than he let on. But, her thoughts were soon pushed back, because he asked her another question that made her really think about what she needed to do. She glared bitterly, "I don't have a single temptation to return to any town in Kiene. I plan on headed back to where the three kingdoms meet, the Mysts. I stay in an Inn there."
Marco

Post by Marco »

Marco only nodded, knowing the place. It was where he first met her. It was an interesting place to say the least. He didn't like the crowds, but he did like the drama and actions that would usually send others into misery. But he had also showed some emotions he would never do elsewhere. Perhaps it depended on the event, but it was a decent place to go.

"Hmm..when are you leaving?"
Theo

Post by Theo »

There was a moment where she stopped and looked at him. Her brows furrowed and her full lips tugged into a frown of displease. She looked around his campsite, as if looking for something or someone before she looked back up at him, tilting her head to the side and eyeing him suspiciously and pouting fully, her shoulder tucking to the side of her head as she mocked a hurt look,

"You're rushing me. Why?"
Marco

Post by Marco »

He quietly looked at Theo, but seemed a bit saddened. He hadn't had real company for a long time, perhaps he made it sound like she wasn't wanted here. Perhaps it was because of the last woman that it seemed like they were edger to leave the camp.

"No...that's not what I meant...I...it's just good to have company. Most are intimated by a beastly lizard...if you don't like paying for a place....you are welcome here."
Theo

Post by Theo »

She looked at him as he seemed to get caught up with his words. He was nervous, her remark had made him that way, and somehow instead of feeling bad, she fed off of it and revealed her amusement through a smirk and an obvious gaze. She rolled her eyes dramatically when he mentioned that he was a beastly lizard and pulled herself near him, raising her gloved hands to land on his shoulders, "You are not beastly." and then she released him just as easily as she had held him, shrugging playfully and looking mock-annoyed, "Who said I pay?"
Marco

Post by Marco »

((Fast fast forward due to recent events))

Marco quietly sat near the campfire, while keeping one eye on the baby crib. He honestly didn't expect this to happen, especially with Theo. However, the birth was bittersweet. In one hand, he wasn't alone anymore with the baby boy. In the other, Theo pushed the lizardman away as a friend; not to mention only one baby made it due to her....condition. He didn't care about Theo or anyone else right now; all he wanted was the baby to be safe.

He quietly added another log into the fire, thinking of the trouble that came before the son.
Theo

Post by Theo »

Since the birth, Theo fought more with herself than she had before then. She felt something missing, that couldn't be replaced. It was strange, for when half of her soul was put into Riley and half of him into her, she knew that part of her was missing yet could feel it. This was something that left a gaping hole in her body, and not because she was wounded either.

She had given the living child to Marco, casting it away as though it meant nothing to her. Even she couldn't hide from her feelings, for each night she snuck from the Inn to find the campsite and spy on Marco, and mostly, the child she had given birth to. It's scales glittered, coated in the crystal that grew on her, with a lone crystal in it's head. He was a beautiful creature that share mostly his fathers trait, and Theo hated that she shared a love with it that she did not know possible.

Her wounded presence was unkind to her ability to be quite. She felt faint this evening, and realized she needed food of any kind, and drink other than alcohol. She gave up her hidden presence and approached the campsite without caution.