[ORP]Marco's Campsite

Moderator: Community Team

Marco

Re: [ORP]Marco's Campsite

Post by Marco »

He quietly let go of Theo and glanced at her. There was a certain discomfort about her, but he couldn't tell what was bothering her. Without her input, he couldn't do much for her until they found that shaman.

"Right...you know...your welcome here. Rather for me or him." He quickly glanced over at the carriage with his son inside. He wouldn't deny Theo from seeing him, even if she was struggling herself.
Theo

Post by Theo »

She scoffed and looks at the carriage with the child and inclined her chin up, looking down her nose, "I do not need to see him." She felt stupid the minute it came out, why was she playing it like this when it was just Marco? It was his son that she bore, and was it really weakness within her if she asked to hold the child, even for a moment?

Her pride would not let her give in to her wants, and she sighed loudly with a shrug, "I give you thanks for such, but.." she stood, "I've no need to hold him, you seem to be doing well on your own." Somewhere in there was a compliment that she admired his fatherly skills. Especially since more than once he told her that an entire tribe took care of the young, and he was left alone to do it.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Marco quietly finished sowing the final pieces to his finished creation. After finding nice pieces of cloth at the store, he stuffed the cloth to make a decent stuffed lizard. It was crude, but it would entertain Valilth for hours. He quietly glanced around the campsite and reflected what had happen so far. He was offered to move into town for his new position on the council, but his discomfort of society would gnaw on him continuously. He was comfortable here.

In an instant, a doe stomped right through the campsite. Marco quickly looked around to find birds, and many other animals passing by the campsite. The behavior was only observed if they were running away from something in such a large number. At this time the shamans would quickly tell everyone to pack up and flee along with the animals. It was a sad idea, but it saved the tribe countless times.

The lizardman sighed as he started packing the tent and started gathering the important things he left lying around. As with the animals, he had to move.

Marco quickly finished packing the things he could fit into the tent before hoisting it onto his back. He held Valilth in his hand, ready to carry him for quite awhile. In an instant, he started sprinting to the roadway. He could smell the smoke of a forest fire brewing, and it would be a matter of minutes before they were both consumed.

As his steps became longer, sprouts of coughing came from the lizardman, as well as the cry of a baby. He felt the heat of the fire close behind him, nipping at his heels. Marco saw the clearing only a few feet away, but now a small wall of fire separated him from life and death. With no options left, he tucked the baby toward his chest and leaped head first into the wall of fire.

The lizardman quickly laid the crying baby on the ground as he started coughing heavily from the smoke. Quickly gasping for air, he started to feel better getting out of the burning forest. The burning sensation started to come over him, as he glanced at some of his charred scales. But, quietly looking down, the baby was unharmed from the fire. That was all he could ask for.

As he glanced over at the burning forest, he knew that this was unnatural. A forest fire would never burn this quickly, even looking at the erupting mountain in the distance. All of it seemed out of place, as they should have considered this when they built the town.

"Let's go."

He quickly picked up the baby and embraced him; in order to comfort Valilth. The lizardman slowly strolled down the road to find a new place to call home.
Marco

Post by Marco »

As he placed the final touches on his campsite, he was still upset at the events that took place. His second home was destroyed, which he found out it was due to similar circumstances for his first home to get destroyed. The only friend he had....Theo....came back, but she doesn't remember Valilth or the time they spent together. But, the topping on the cake was the discovery of the spirit realm. Granted it was useful at times, but at times it threw him into social isolation. He couldn't turn it off, due to a gnawing feeling in the back of his mind. He could, but the gnawing feeling would just eat away at his mind.

The lizardman sighed as he quietly sat at his campsite. Pondering the past events.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

She had met him her first night in Bravia. The nice man in the tavern that seemed to have worries about seeing more than usual. Scarlet wasn't sure why she felt the need to go to his campsite, but campsites always felt like home. With silent strides she walked through the woods her deep red, scarlet, cloak brushing over the forest floor. Soft wooshes as the fabric moved over the ground. "I hope I'm not interrupting things." She said pleasantly as to not startle Marco by her sudden appearance. "I was just seeing how you were doing."
Marco

Post by Marco »

Marco glanced up to find a familiar human. The human had a beast along with the human soul, it was common with some of the others he met, but...she wasn't born with it. Perhaps he made an impression on her, because no one usually seeks him out; unless a friend or an enemy.

"Hmph...balancing a kid, studies, and work. You're a pretty keen hunter for finding me....but hunters only seek me if they have a reason." He shifted on the ground before continuing.

"So...what has brought you here?"
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Scarlet laughed softly and rubbed the side of her nose. "I have a fondness for campfires." She said honestly and openly. Moving her hand to her head she pressed back the hood. Her dark brown locks cascaded down her shoulders and back as she shook them out a bit. "They have always reminded me of home. If you mind I could always leave." She added the later to make sure she wasn't being an annoyance.
Marco

Post by Marco »

For a few seconds, the lizardman sat in silence, wanting to push the intruder away and out of his life. But....he also felt a pang of loneliness. With Theo being the last one to visit, it was a long time since anyone came. At least by intention rather than accident.

"Hmph....you can stay....perhaps stay for the night if need be."
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Scarlet laughed lightly at the grudging response. He was a dichotomy. Wanted her here and wanted her to leave. With an arch of her eyebrow she pulled her cloak around her tighter and sat down beside the fire. Smoothing out her skirts and cloak so they wouldn't get too wrinkled her clothes seemed reflect the fire. An assembly of reds, oranges, and yellows. "You said children ... do you have some of your own?" She looked around hoping she didn't startle a little one. Children were a blessing from the mages and not one that you would harm in any fashion. Even fright was a harm.

"I used to grow up with many children ... running around the vardos ... and the cooking fires. Even dancing with the fireflies." She smiled a Marco warmly hoping to either get him comfortable or to at least not regret his offer for a spot next to his fire.
Marco

Post by Marco »

"He's in the cradle....Valilth." Marco suddenly seemed saddened by the memory of his child. He finally had a son he could be with, but he could never get over the cost of that son. It cost him a love and another child to get him. Some days, he regretted meeting Theo; he was less miserable before the child.

"He's....doing well. I'll try to give him what a tribe would bring him....but....I can only do so much." Marco stared at the campfire, only feeling sadness for his son.