[ORP]Marco's Campsite

Moderator: Community Team

Scarlet

Re: [ORP]Marco's Campsite

Post by Scarlet »

Scarlet frowned at his statement. A tribe? "To give him what a tribe could give him you need people. Many people to make a tribe. Or at least a few." She laughed at her words before leaning forward. Her arm crossed her thigh as she looked at the lizard man intently as the bracelets on her wrist tinkled lightly. "When I was growing up ... I lived in a large vitsa or clan. We had many children running around playing with each other and many adults ... aunts and uncles for everyone. We were all family." She paused and thought a moment before smiling and hoping to press the sadness from Marco's eyes. He had always been kind, maybe a bit standoffish, to her in the taverns. "How can you give him that ... alone?"
Marco

Post by Marco »

Marco glanced over at the crib, then suddenly a wealth of memories flooded him. He could only think about the times where he was young, running around with the other kids. They would always compete to see which one would be stronger, quicker, and who was better at a game. As he grew older, he would also take care of some of the children as his task. It was all comforting, but yet again, sadness took him.

"I...can give him the things that a father can...but...I...can't give him that alone."
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Scarlet felt his sadness. To be part of something larger like the vitsa or clan, even a tribe, but to become separate seemed to have a unique pull on those that it happened to. She had seen in her long life people expelled from the groups that raised them. Most of them felt like half a being after the separation. Scarlet couldn't blame them it was how she felt. Only part of what she was. Not really herself. The void was large.

However, her sister seemed to have a better solution. "Make a tribe of your own .... A community that can help you give to your son the things you need to." Her voice was barely above a whisper as she was unsure if her words would be a help or more of a dig into the already open wound. She cradled her chin against her hand with the elbow on her knee the bracelets jangled as they moved down her wrist. "A group of friends or beings you think of as family."
Marco

Post by Marco »

Marco rubbed his head, as he thought about the others he had met. It was possible to accomplish this if he started to find others he liked to help him out. He already had someone to watch his son when he was running errands or studying. It was possible.

Yet, the memories of those who died gnawed on his mind. He could hear the whispers of them calling out to him, they wouldn't rest until the attackers were brought out into the light and punished for the animals they were. Revenge burned in his veins, as he thought about those that died. He couldn't rest until the day the attackers are punished.

"Not...yet. I...can't trust anyone until those that attacked my tribe....my family...are punished. Perhaps later....but I must drag those that killed my "family" out in the open and strike them down."