[ORP] The Tiger's Den

Moderator: Community Team

Nenrael

Re: [ORP] The Tiger's Den

Post by Nenrael »

Nenrael watched as his thoughts touched the tigress, and she seemed almost to flinch and withdrew for a moment, before looking at him with an almost started expression. After a moment, she closed her eyes, and he felt a tickle on his mind and opened his thoughts. \Greetings, Nenrael. My name is Laxmi.\

Looking back up into the tiger's eyes, he smiled at her. "Hello Lady Laxmi. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Laxmi

Post by Laxmi »

He smiled at her and said her name and that's when she knew that he heard her thoughts as clearly as she heard his. She danced around in a circle quickly, her tail flicking from side to side as she kept at least one eye on him. It was exciting to be able to communicate with someone even in this form, especially someone so polite.

Her anxiety was gone in an instant and she wandered over to be directly in front of him. She sat on her haunches again and held her paw up to him as if waving or trying to shake his hand. Although she tried to gaze up into his face, her eyes were drawn to his wings. She could not help herself. Even as a young child, she always wondered what it would be like to fly through the clouds. But, instead of being turned into a bird, she was changed to this tigress instead. Not that she could complain. Had he truly wanted to punish her, her father could have transformed her to a bug or a mouse or something easily destroyed. At least in this form she had considerable power.
Nenrael

Post by Nenrael »

Nenrael couldn't help but chuckle quietly as the tigress, 'Her name is Laxmi', he corrected himself, seemed to explode into dance, circling and spinning, before she stopped and came and sat down before him, and reached up and extended her paw towards him. Laughing in wonder, 'Rael extended his hand and cupped it and took her paw in his hand, feeling the weight and warmth of her paw in his hand, the roughness of her pad and even the slight prick of her claws.

Even though he had been on this world for some time, he still marveled at the variety of creatures he had met already. And here was yet another one, a most beautiful, intriguing, and yet powerful and dangerous one. Even though Laxmi had met him in peace, he did not doubt for a moment that she was capable of using her hidden strength to defend, hunt and even kill if necessary. His eyes took her in as she, too, seemed to study him in return.

Smiling again, he cleared his throat a bit, and spoke quietly. "Forgive me, Lady Laxmi, if I interrupted you or have delayed you in any way. I must admit to the weakness of curiosity, and it is not often one encounters a tiger... beg your pardon, tigress, so close to a city full of... beings."
Laxmi

Post by Laxmi »

With her paw still in his hand, Laxmi shifted. Her claws elongated and thickened, softening into delicate fingers. Within just a few seconds, her entire form had changed from that of a powerful animal to a delicate looking and petite woman. She smiled shyly at Nenrael, her long, dark hair falling a little over one honey-coloured eye as if trying to hide her for a little while longer. She shrugged softly and gestured with her free hand to her new shape. "I can blend in with them fairly well in the city and come out here to...dine."

She decided it was best to use the polite term for her nocturnal activities in front of him lest she somehow offend the poor man. Some were more squeamish about her hunting than others and, though it was sometimes fun to try to disturb them by eating in front of them or discussing it, she generally saved that until she knew them at least a little. Realizing he still had her hand, she coloured softly and pulled it out of his grasp. She lifted her chin a little, feeling more like herself, and smiled coyly at him.

"As for interrupting me or delaying me, you have done neither. And it is my honour and pleasure to meet you, Nenrael, though I must admit that you are the first of your kind I have ever seen." Laxmi bowed her head to him and touched the fingertips of one hand to her forehead as a sign of respect.

She chewed lightly on her bottom lip and looked at his wings for a second before meeting his gaze again and holding her hand out gently toward the feathers. "Forgive me, but...I can't seem to stop staring at your wings. They are unique and, well, gorgeous! May I?"
Nenrael

Post by Nenrael »

Nenrael watched with amazement as the tigress morphed into a beautiful woman. He stood up, still holding her now hand, reflecting, 'Ah... that would account for all the subleties of tones to her scent.' He smiled in reply to her shy smile, and nodded in agreement when she talked about being able to blend in within the city, then smiled a bit brighter when she said, "and come out here to...dine."

Chuckling, he said, "You mean, hunt, don't you?"

When she offer him a sign of respect by bowing her head and touch her fingers to her forehead, he, in turn, offered it to her, mimicking her moves, hoping that he didn't mess it up too much.

Lifting his head, he saw her gaze upon him once again... no, not on him... on his wings. Nenrael couldn't help but smile again. There was something about his wings that always seem to attract people's attentions. When she asked to touch his wings, he furrowed his brow in mock concentration, then grinned brightly and nodded his head. "Of course you may," and brought one of his wings around and forward so that she could touch it.
Last edited by Nenrael on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laxmi

Post by Laxmi »

When he said the word 'hunt' instead of 'dine,' Laxmi could not help but like him. He seemed understanding. It may have seemed silly to another that one little word could make that much difference to her, but it was true. There was something about the hunt that thrilled and excited her. It wasn't that she only needed to hunt to kill to eat. She enjoyed it. The chase, the deception, the puzzle, the patience, the mystery--all of that was more exciting and satisfying to her than all the food in the world. Unfortunately, unless one had truly hunted that way, they saw it as a need for survival and nothing else and, although she couldn't be certain, she had a hunch that Nenrael knew it was more than a daily meal or a routine.

His sign of respect back to her was charming and she smiled softly, tilting her head to the side as she watched his actions. It was a custom she had learned in her homeland to be used with elders or with those who were revered and respected. To see him return it to her was an act of kindness and mutual understanding that she accepted with quiet grace. It meant something to her, not that she would ever admit it aloud to anyone.

And then, when he allowed her to touch his wing, she felt her heart pound in her chest. She had always been fascinated by those who could fly, but his wings were unique. They had a strange appearance to them, and she imagined to herself what they would look like in the light instead of slowly being swallowed up by the growing darkness. She made a silent promise to herself that she would have to take the chance and see. But, for now, she relied on her sense of touch and sighed audibly as she reached out and ran her fingertips over the feathers. With a shy look on her face, she glanced up at him, "I...enjoy it when people pet me. Do you feel anything when...when I touch your wings?"

She looked away again, just a second after voicing the last word and blushed. It was a sign of trust and something personal to allow another to touch any part of her, and she imagined it was much the same for him even if he did seem understanding about her curiosity. She pursed her lips slightly and raised a brow at him as she spoke again, attempting to keep her voice light and carefree but having a feeling she failed miserably. "What brings you out here tonight, Nenrael? Are you hunting as well?" Truth be told, part of her was still a little cautious that he had been hired to finish her.
Nenrael

Post by Nenrael »

Nenrael smiled, watching the play of emotions that danced across Laxmi's face as she reached out to touch his wing; first wonder, then facination, followed by a happy smile. She touched his feathers tentatively at first, then with a sigh, began to run her hands over his wing. Her touch was like a caress of a breeze along his wings. With a shy look on her face, she glanced up at him, "I...enjoy it when people pet me. Do you feel anything when...when I touch your wings?"

Smiling, he started to nod in reply to her question, opening his mouth to reply when she turned her head away and blushed. He could tell she did so from the darkening of her cheeks, even in the falling light of evening. Touched by that simple reaction of hers, he replied to her question. "Yes, I do feel the vibrations and movement of your hand, though not directly. Each movement and shifting allows me to feel the shifts in the winds and to adjust accordingly. So while I cannot feel something like this," he reached out and touched a fingertip to her cheek to get her to turn and look at him, "I still feel each stroke like a breath of air. If that makes any sense." He dropped his hand back to his side again, suddenly feeling uncertain if he should of done that.

Laxmi lifted her head and looking at him, pursed her lips slightly and raised a brow, saying. "What brings you out here tonight, Nenrael? Are you hunting as well?" Was that a slight hint of uncertainty and caution in her voice? Nenrael couldn't be certain, but again followed his instincts. "No, I am not out here for anything like hunting, or some other necessity or deed. I must admit that it's more selfish than that... it's my escape." Flushing slightly, he continued, "I need to escape from the confines of the city. The walls are just too restricting, so I escape into the evening skies for the freedom it brings, and for the beauty of sunset."
Last edited by Nenrael on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laxmi

Post by Laxmi »

She understood what he was saying. The wind rustled through her short fur far differently than it felt even against skin or her hair. She imagined that her fur was still no comparison to how it would feel through feathers. And, although she sensed his hand coming towards her, she was still surprised by his boldness of actually touching her skin. She felt as though she should be offended that he would dare to touch her without her permission--didn't he know who and what she was? But, at the same time, she couldn't bear to feel anything but peace. And, due to her loneliness, it took every ounce of her willpower not to even lean into his touch or reciprocate somehow. So, instead, she did her best to pretend that the simple gesture had no effect on her whatsoever, but did indulge him by turning her face to look up at him again as he finished explaining. She appreciated his patience. He did not have to explain what it was like. He could have been rude and ignored the question, or said, "Yes, you idiot, of course I can feel it," or any other choice imaginable, but he tried to make her understand what it was like. And the way he explained it was poetic and beautiful.

Her human eyes were sharp, but not as sharp as her tiger eyes. As such, his blush went unnoticed. But she smiled up at him and felt relieved. There was a certain decency about him and although there were some people who had managed the art of dishonesty while appearing honest, she was usually able to see through the facade. With him, there was no facade to see through. He was truly honest. And his words of freedom rang true within her. Although she had spoken to another in these lands about freedom, though she tried her hardest to forget and pretend it never happened, many did not understand the truest freedoms there were. They spoke of freedom, being free from prison, free to make their own choices, free to be who they were, but they did not truly embrace freedom. Instead, they wanted freedom within the confines of safety and protocol and familiarity. Nenrael escaped the confines, the restrictions, and sought freedom above where few could reach him. And, again, his poetic soul spoke to her.

She nodded softly and continued running her fingers over the silky feathers, almost absentmindedly. "An escape...freedom," she murmured quietly with a wistful look on her face. She gestured around her with the other hand, her arm arcing gracefully. "This is my escape, but not my freedom. This forest is still a prison to me, but it is better to be out here than in there," she finished by nodding her head in the general direction of Fenia. "Sometimes, I find it hard to breathe there."

She tilted her head at him as a slow grin spread over her features, making her eyes crinkle a little in the corners. "I apologize for keeping you from your sunset, but, I think I am happy that you spotted me." She may have sounded vain with the next part that she added, but she did not say it with the least bit of arrogance or pride. She stated it as a fact. She knew she was beautiful by human standards, no doubt due to her lineage, and had been told by men and women for many years that she was desirable. The words didn't even mean anything to her now, though she still accepted the compliments graciously and appeared flattered. "And at least this way you got to see something of a different beauty. I hope I pleased your eye tonight, Nenrael."

Laxmi knew she should shift back to her other form and continue the hunt. She was, after all, feeling very famished. But she also suddenly had a hunger for something other than game tonight.
Nenrael

Post by Nenrael »

Nenrael stood there as the last vestiges of the sun's rays touched the western mountains, and twilight descended on them. He glanced briefly skywards as the first of the evening's stars began to emerge, then returned his gaze to the mysterious woman who stood before him. There was a soft, almost wistful look on her face. She gestured around her with the other hand towards both the city and the forest that stood silently about them, as she talked of her own prisons. Nodding slowly, Nenrael understood, in a small way, what she was talking about.

As they stood in the open meadow, touched by twilight, Laxmi tilted her head at him, smiled and said "I apologize for keeping you from your sunset, but, I think I am happy that you spotted me." He smiled at her and shook his head slightly, "There is no need for an apology, for I am just as happy to of met you as well."

Nenrael had paused, about to add something, when she continued. "And at least this way you got to see something of a different beauty. I hope I pleased your eye tonight, Nenrael." He gazed at her in quiet, recalling her in her other form, and the subtly of scents he had caught from her, reflecting on all that had transpired before slowly smiling and nodding as if in agreement. "Aye, it is a pleasure to find differing beauty, in all of its forms." He made a wide gesture, encompassing all about them, and her with it. "However, it is the beauty within one another, that when discovered and seen true, is most pleasing to behold." He held his breath, hoping that he was not being too forward, and yet, he trusted his instincts.
Laxmi

Post by Laxmi »

She grinned at him and nodded as well when he spoke of inner beauty. She had known deep inside he was different than others, but he still managed to surprise her. Not many thought of inner beauty, and it seemed to her that, of those who did, few were men. She wasn't quite sure what to say to him. He was insightful and perceptive and she found it mildly unnerving but mostly exhilerating.

Laxmi clasped her hands in front of her and shivered slightly. Heat and cold rarely bothered her, but every now and then the temperature would reach through her tough exterior and bring about some sort of reaction. She smiled softly to herself as she realized some people had the same ability. She wrapped her hands around her biceps for a moment and noticed her skin did feel a little cool to the touch. She was surprised by that since she felt so warm on the inside. "Aye, the true beauty is always within one's heart, mind, and soul. You are correct, Nenrael. But very rarely are those beauties seen or truly appreciated."

She was still impressed by him and watched him curiously. She knew she should leave and she knew it was even more important to allow him to leave and get back to his nightly habits, but she wasn't sure how to do that without seeming abrupt or rude. And, truth be told, she did not really want them to part ways. Not yet, at least.