mayor's public chambers

Moderator: Community Team

TheGardener

mayor's public chambers

Post by TheGardener »

a page boy ran out to amanda carrying a piece of parchment. she read over it and smiled. handing the boy a few coins, she smiled brightly. the results of the mayor campaign was finalized and the key to the office handed to her. she knew she would do her best to make an impact on the town. she picked up some peace lillies and brought them out to the front of town hall.

one of the clerical staff looked at it in amusement. he didn't know quite what to think of their new mayor. rumors had it that she was nicknamed "the gardener". he expected there would be a lot more flowers. he watched as amanda came closer.

"good sir, can you get a podium set up as i'd like to address the people as our new mayor at your earliest convenience"

the clerical staff nodded and walked off to get the whole deal setup. amanda continued to add various different flowers to the welcome hall of fenia. it took only a few more minutes for the podium to be put forth in front of them. amanda thanked them and walked up to it.

"people of fenia, i come to you as your new mayor. it is my honor to be able to serve the realm and the people. during my term, my door will be open to any input from you. i plan on working with our town mentor and sheriff to ensure that our town is safe and prosperous. some of you may know me from the past and others may not. but i am happy to say that i will add my own personal touch to fenia hoping to bring new faces up to the limelight. if you are interested in participating in town council, please let me know. thank you for your support and i hope to see many of you around."
TheGardener

Re: mayor's public chambers

Post by TheGardener »

amanda freshens up the office with some flowers waiting just in case someone wishes to stop by.
Adamdehoe

Post by Adamdehoe »

Adam pops into the Mayor's public office, and wishes a good day to all. Adam says 'thank you for purchasing my wheat, in return I have made a small donation' smiles and leaves, thinking to himself, strange I would there'd be more people here!
TheGardener

Post by TheGardener »

"adam, thank you for coming and for putting up your wheat. we appreciate hard working individuals like yourself."

a page runs in with a note indicating the gift given.

"oh, fenia thanks you for your gift. would you like some cake? there is some available if you wish to sit and chat a little"

she nods over to another page who shows off a chocolate cake.
Adamdehoe

Post by Adamdehoe »

Adam pops back in briefly, looking out of breath, and says 'that's two flags' 'I'll be back' 'oh chocolate cake' :) and disappears to get another flag
TheGardener

Post by TheGardener »

amanda laughs.

"that's the spirit! let me go grab one while i'm thinking about it!"
Adamdehoe

Post by Adamdehoe »

Adam pops his head around the door and says 'four', and ' we need more runners!' and shoots off.
TheGardener

Post by TheGardener »

i will contact some people to try to get them to run with you. i'll run with you a little. get some of those flags back!
Adamdehoe

Post by Adamdehoe »

Adam pops in again 'five, we are losing! Not of course that I'm competitive!' he then leaves and can be heard outside chanting 'go get a flag, go get a flag...'
TheGardener

Post by TheGardener »

time to run and get some more flags!