{ORP} A Place To Call Home

Moderator: Community Team

Feawen

{ORP} A Place To Call Home

Post by Feawen »

Scarlett sighed softly as she came off the boat. Everything was so different here. People were nicer, and willing to help. Or that is what she seemed to think. That did not, however, let her keep her guard down. She very much watched out for herself.

Now it was a week or better later, and Scarlett found that it was time for her to find herself a place to live. She was the Princess Wood elf and thought that it would be fitting if she were to live within the local forest, but did not know what the towns people would think of that. She laughed to herself. Since when would someone care where I lived? She thought to herself. As she walked around the town she managed to find a place that suited her. It was not in the local forest, but it was well covered with trees that someone from long ago had planted. She smiled pleasantly as she walked into the yard, seeing the owner carrying out a box and loading it into a carriage. She walked over to him.

"Excuse me sir, but has someone bought this lovely place?" She asked kindly, and hoping she did not startle him. He laughed softly and turned to the wood elf.

"My lady, no one has yet to buy this place, though you can see why. It is quite secluded from the town and it's people." This only made Scarlett smile more.

"I will take it." She said pulling out her coin purse. "How much would you like for it?" She asked as she started pulling out the money. The guy looked perplexed, but was thrilled that he could sale it.

"500 frenzies alright?" He asked as he looked at the house once more. "It needs a good deal of work...so I will not ask for more than that." He said scratching the back of his head. Scarlett smiled, the house was worth more than that, but if 500f is what he wanted she would give it to him without questions.

"That is fine." She said as she handed him the money and he handed her the keys. She smiled. "Thank you sir." She said as he waved and pulled out. Scarlett then turned to her new house and smiled warmly. "Beautiful." She whispered softly to herself.

Feawen

Re: {ORP} A Place To Call Home

Post by Feawen »

Over the span of a few days, Scarlett worked on getting everything moved into the new house. She was excited. In fact she was so excited that she had completely forgotten about Damion. Damion was the demon that was told to watch over her. Make sure she got settled in, and stayed out and away from trouble.

One days as she came to her house after going to the market to get some food, she was shocked to find her front door standing wide open, and a few things broken. She set down her basket and walked up to the door, and peeked inside. It was not long before she was grabbed and pinned to the floor. She screamed and then realized that it was Damion. "I was beginning to wonder when you would show." She said pushing him off and getting up. He merely smiled and bowed to her. "What kept you?"

"Sorry Princess, but I had a few matters to attend to." He said as he began to help her clean up the mess. "Your father is worried about you, and hopes that you are safe. Perhaps you should write to him?" Scarlett laughed.

She turned to Damion. "You do not get it Damion. My father shipped me off here...alone. He did not send me with anyone, and sent you after I had been on a boat for 3 days. I have been defenseless...vulnerable. At least that is what everyone here thinks." She said as she grabbed a broom and began to sweep up the broken glass. "It does not matter now anyway. I have a few allies here that will do just about anything for me...however...the friendships are not strong and I am working on building them. Do not ruin that for me."

Damion bowed once more. "As you wish Princess."
KabhaStoneslasher

Post by KabhaStoneslasher »

As the elderly dwarf took a ride around the towns on top his large tortes he couldn't help but think about the elven lass he met in the tavern a couple days back. Remembering the events of that day and the other days he saw her he remembered them not being so friendly between the two of them he says mumbling to himself, "Oi, I think its time I go pay the lass a visit... nay need enemies so soon... or at least not so many." As if the tortes was understanding him and somehow knowing the way of these lands turned and headed its way to their new destination.

After a hour or two of travel they finally came upon the trail that leaded towards the house, making sure he left his weapons and armor behind the elderly dwarf came in nothing more then an evening traveling robe with the heed covering his face and a plain walking stick laying across his lap with his arms folded over it keeping the small staff in place.

He then thinks to himself as they reach just a couple feet from the door, "Oi, I hope this goes well... fer my sake at least."
Feawen

Post by Feawen »

As they were cleaning, Scarlett heard a russle within the forest. She stopped what she was doing and motioned for Damion to cloak himself. "Go see who is about." She ordered, and as she finished cleaning up, Damion returned with word. "A dwarf Princess. Want me to send him on his way?" Scarlett shook her head. "Stay hidden and away. No need to scare him...we shall see what he wants." She said as she straigthened herself and stepped out onto the porch. "Now go." Damion bowed and dissappeared.
KabhaStoneslasher

Watching the door open the tortes stops just about a foot from the porch as Scarlett walked out. Pulling down his hood but remaining on top the tortes the elderly dwarf says with honesty and a soft tone to show no hostility, "I have come unarmed and wish to speak with ye about our so far unfriendly relationship between us. If ye are willing to hear this old dwarf out and settle whatever be between us then that is all I ask in which afterwords I will be on my way. But if ye wish fer me to leave now I shall not argue that as well, but I tell you now the only thing I wish to gain here is a possible friend if not a neutral understanding amongst each other. What do ye say?"
Feawen

Post by Feawen »

Scarlett tensed and then relaxed seeing that it was the old dwarf. She listened to what he had to say and smiled softly. "I believe we got off on the wrong foot as well. Please come on in and have a cup of tea...or well...brandy might better suit you." She said looking the dwarf over, and then stepping aside to let him in.

Damion watched, feeling hungry. It had been ages since he last ate a dwarf.
KabhaStoneslasher

Giving a slight nod to Scarlett the elderly dwarf slides off the tortoise and with his walking stick makes his way inside saying, "Aye, a bottle of brandy would be nice." Then taking a look around the house the elderly dwarf asks, "Ye just moved in lass? Looks like a fine home, different from the ones we make in mountains but still nice all the same."

Then finding an empty chair he takes a seat though he does feel a bit uneasy as if something here was off or unnatural.
Feawen

Post by Feawen »

Scarlett smiled softly and glanced around seeing Damion in the shadows. She smiled faintly and went to go get the brandy and herself a tea. Coming back she takes a seat in front of the dwarf, facing him. "So you have come here to be on better terms with me?" She asks as she fixes up her tea, after handing him the brandy. As she stretched a sharp pain coursed through her body, and she grabbed her stomach on instinct.

This is weird...unlike me to have cramps like this. She thought to herself, as she slipped to the floor. Damion tensed and watched her, and then looked at the dwarf. He was not going to show himself so soon to the yummy looking old dwarf.
KabhaStoneslasher

Taking the brandy he places the bottle upon the table before noticing Scarlett slipping to the floor, soon standing to his feet he makes his way to her saying, "Oi, ye alright lass?!" A true look of worry is upon his face as he tries to figure out whats wrong and hopes she has an answer for him.
Feawen

Post by Feawen »

Damion snarls slightly when the dwarf gets up and goes to her, but then realizes that he is only trying to help her. Scarlett shoots a glare at Damion and sits up as the pain subsides. "I...I am alright." She said getting up and back into her chair. She picks up her cup and downs her tea, calming herself some. "It is fine, no worries." She said smiling softly. "Anyway...back to the reason you are here."