[DISCUSSION]Fishing Contest Planning Thread

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

Desired Timeline:
Registration Week: Tuesday October 1st - Monday Oct 7th
Participation Period: Tuesday October 8th - Thursday Oct 17th
Awards & RP Ceremonial Period: Friday & Saturday October 18th&19th
This will be one even of the Autumn Harvest Festival

Initial Suggestion:
Ciphas wrote:I wanted to sugest a Fishing Contest for our town and this is how i see it :

We can start with a period of maybe a week when we register and for that a fee must be paid 10-15f .
( from this fee the winer will take 80% and the TH 10% and the basilica 10% )

Then for a week every one who registered will fish and will submit their number of fish they cach on the new topic on our town .

The only think that i don"t know is how do we know that a creature is submiting an honest acount ? ( //OOC maybe with a print screen // )

In the end :

It will be good for our economy because we will have fish to eat at lower prices and fish to export .
Also maybe we help our carpenders to make boats and sell .
We also cond make fun with a good RP on the topic .
Also if we can make this a Viceroyalty event we can have visitors who can help our town but we must work to make this event known to atract visitors.

This is just a simple plan that we can discus and improve .
My first variation suggestions:
I might want to use an item such as Iron priced at 15 on the market as the entry ticket. This way, all those who do not win can still have the iron (or other item) to use or resell, so they are still getting their money's worth on the ticket price. The transaction will show up in my log as proof of purchase.

This will reduce the total 'pot portion of the winnings to about 5F each. Out of ~20 participants, this will be a winners pot of only 80F; slightly higher if visitors participate. Presuming people are in fact selling their fish to the town at 13, wont everyone earn more than this amount in wages? I would usually also include a runners-up prize in such contests as well.

Screenshots are good to make sure people aren't submitting fish from previously held stockpiles, but typically if you catch fish and post them for sale to the town, my log will track the transactions so that I can tally who is selling how many fish. I think I can scrounge up a how to post a screenshot tutorial in time for the main thread to begin.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
Ciphas

Re: [DISCUSSION]Fishing Contest Planning Thread

Post by Ciphas »

I think it is a good ideea for a tichet based sistem :) Just maybe we can change the tipe of item like a rose or maybe a something to eat - Sounds great i just have eaten my tichet lol.

I still think that maybe a Screenshot is best because i know i maybe other creatures will want to buy the cheap fish ( I know i would :D

Also maybe we can make invitation that we can handle to the ruling creatures of each major city - this way they know and maybe will visit us for the even .
Ciphas

Re: [DISCUSSION]Fishing Contest Planning Thread

Post by Ciphas »

I would like to post an order to the artist corner to make an invitation for our event and then we can send it or post it to every city forum :)

Also if some of us ar good with words could make a text to go with the card . The succes of this event in my opinon is to gather as many creatures to the start as we can !