Fenia City Cathedral

Moderator: Community Team

Sendile

Re: Fenia City Cathedral

Post by Sendile »

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Faith,

For today's mass I have brought something for you. Here it is: a piece of stone from the shore of the Lake of Fenia. As you can see, it's rather plain and grey, nothing special could be seen on it. Yet, this piece of stone has a lesson to teach us!

There was once and incredibly rich, beautiful, and wise Princess. Tired of false suitors who were only interested in her money, she announced that she would only marry whoever managed to present her with the most valuable, tender, and sincere gift of all.

The palace filled up with flowers and gifts of every kind, letters describing undying love, and love-struck poems. Among all these wonderful gifts, she found a pebble, a simple dirty pebble. Intrigued, she demanded to see whoever it was who had offered this gift. Despite her curiosity, she pretended to be highly offended by the gift when the young man was brought before her. He explained it to her like this,

"Dear Princess, this pebble represents the most valuable thing one can give - it is my heart. It is also sincere, because it is not yet yours, and it is as hard as a stone. Only when it fills with love will it soften and be more tender than any other."

The young man quietly left, leaving the Princess surprised and captivated. She fell so in love that she took the little pebble with her wherever she went, and for months she regaled the young man with gifts and attention. But his heart remained as hard as the stone in her hands. Losing hope, she ended up throwing the pebble into a fire. In the heat of the fire, the sand crumbled from around it, and from out of that rough stone a beautiful golden figure emerged. With this, the Princess understood that she herself would have to be like the fire, and go about separating what is useless from what is truly important.

During the following months she set about changing the kingdom, and devoted her life, her wisdom, and her riches to separating what is truly valuable from what is unimportant. She gave up the luxury, the jewels, the excess; and it meant that everyone in the kingdom now had food to eat and books to read. So many people came away from their interaction with the Princess enchanted by her character and her charisma. Her mere presence transmitted such human warmth that they started to call her 'The Princess of Fire'.

And as with the pebble, the fire of her presence melted the hardness of the young man's heart. And just as he had promised, he became so tender and considerate that he made the Princess happy till the end of her days.

Dear Sisters and Brothers, there is a kind of fire, which we all can rekindle in our hearts: the fire of devotion. With this sacred flame we are all able to do miracles by bringing joy and happiness in our fellow creatures' lives. Poke up this fire and take good care of it every day, thus making our world a better place.

Blessings to you all.
Priestess * Lady of Nettlebane Tower * Baroness of Linbridge
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

For today I have brought you a poem about Past. It has a valuable lesson to teach, so please listen.

The past is the past for a reason.

That is where it is supposed to stay,

But some cannot let it go.

In their heads it eats away

Until all their focus becomes

The person they used to be,

The mistakes they made in their life.

Oh, if only they could see

That you cannot change what happened,

No matter how hard you try,

No matter how much you think about it,

No matter how much you cry.

What happens in your lifetime

Happens for reasons unknown,

So you have to let the cards unfold.

Let your story be shown.

Don't get wrapped up in the negative.

Be happy with what you have been given.

Live for today not tomorrow.

Get up, get out, and start living,

Because the past is the past for a reason.

It's been, and now it is gone,

So stop trying to think of ways to fix it.

Move on: it's unchangeable, it's done.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Dear Brothers and Sister in Faith,

There are times in life, when we feel we have to change something. Or when we feel, we have to go somewhere to visit new places and meet new people. Well, let me share a short poem with you .

If you must go, then go for a while

Remember that first step is a hard traveled mile.

To learn what lessons life has in store,

You must be willing to open each door.

Don't be afraid to experience something new

For each experience will be a benefit to you.

Never live your life in the past

Enjoy every day as if it were your last

Mistakes you will make along the way

Learn from them, and you'll be okay

Set your goals high and strive for them

As long as you try, you'll never be condemned

Be kind and respect the people you meet

For they may be the ones to make life complete

Be sincere in everything you do

And treat others as you wish they would you

Whatever you do, make sure you're content

For the last thing you want is something to resent

So if you must go, then go for a while

And when you return, return with a smile.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to talk to you about ties. Ties, that we sometimes feel burdens,that we feel they are only holding us back from further achievements or possibilities. Let me offer you a short story about this topic.

Once a father and son went to the kite flying festival. The young son became very happy seeing the sky filled with colorful kites. He too asked his father to get him a kite and a thread with a roller so he can fly a kite too. So, the father went to the shop at the park where the festival was being held. He purchased kites and a roll of thread for his son.

His son started to fly a kite. Soon, his kite reached high up in the sky. After a while, the son said, “Father, It seems that the thread is holding up a kite from flying higher, If we break it, It will be free and will go flying even higher. Can we break it?” So, the father cut the thread from a roller. The kite started to go a little higher. That made a son very happy.

But then, slowly, the kite started to come down. And, soon it fell down on the terrace of the unknown building. The young son was surprised to see this. He had cut the kite loose of its thread so it can fly higher, but instead, it fell down. He asked his father, “Father, I thought that after cutting off the thread, the kite can freely fly higher. But why did it fall down?”

The Father explained, “Son, At the height of life that we live in, we often think that some things we are tied with and they are preventing us from going further higher. The thread was not holding the kite from going higher, but it was helping it stay higher when the wind slowed down and when the wind picked up, you helped the kite go up higher in a proper direction through the thread. And when we cut the thread, it fell down without the support you were providing to the kite through the thread”.

Dear Sisters and Brothers, sometimes we feel that we can progress quickly and reach to the newer heights in our life if we were not tied up with our family, our home. But, we fail to realize that our family, our loved ones help us survive the tough time in our lives with their support and encourage us to reach higher heights in our life. They are not holding us, but are supporting us. Never let them go.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to preach about Home and Work. We all know the feeling, when we are overwhelmed by duties, and sometimes this situation grows so high, that we can not put down the burden at the end of the day, but insead we carry it to our family.

Well, let me offer you a short poem about the importance of separating your duties from your time with your family.

Home is the place where the laughter should ring,

And man should be found at his best.

Let the cares of the day be as great as they may,

The night has been fashioned for rest.

So leave at the door when the toiling is o'er

All the burdens of worktime behind,

And just be a dad to your girl or your lad--

A dad of the rollicking kind.

The office is made for the tasks you must face;

It is built for the work you must do;

You may sit there and sigh as your cares pile up high,

And no one may criticize you;

You may worry and fret as you think of your debt,

You may grumble when plans go astray,

But when it comes night, and you shut your desk tight,

Don't carry the burdens away.

Keep daytime for toil and the nighttime for play,

Work as hard as you choose in the town,

But when the day ends, and the darkness descends,

Just forget that you're wearing a frown--

Go home with a smile! Oh, you'll find it worth while;

Go home light of heart and of mind;

Go home and be glad that you're loved as a dad,

A dad of the fun-loving kind.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

You may have often posed the question: what is the point in struggling? Why do all of us have to struggle so many times? And does our strive have any positive side at all? Well, today I would like to present a poem about this topic.

The tree that never had to fight

For sun and sky and air and light,

But stood out in the open plain

And always got its share of rain,

Never became a forest king

But lived and died a scrubby thing.

The man who never had to toil

To gain and farm his patch of soil,

Who never had to win his share

Of sun and sky and light and air,

Never became a manly man

But lived and died as he began.

Good timber does not grow with ease,

The stronger wind, the stronger trees,

The further sky, the greater length,

The more the storm, the more the strength.

By sun and cold, by rain and snow,

In trees and men good timbers grow.

Where thickest lies the forest growth

We find the patriarchs of both.

And they hold counsel with the stars

Whose broken branches show the scars

Of many winds and much of strife.

This is the common law of life.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to preach about pride. Of course it's important to have a certain amount of self-confidence and pride in our life. However, we must be very careful not to look lowly on others. Why? Well, please listen to the story of the Proud Rose.

Once upon a time, in a desert far away, there was a rose who was so proud of her beautiful looks. Her only complaint was growing next to an ugly cactus.

Every day, the beautiful rose would insult and mock the cactus on his looks, all while the cactus remained quiet. All the other plants nearby tried to make the rose see sense, but she was too swayed by her own looks.

One scorching summer, the desert became dry, and there was no water left for the plants. The rose quickly began to wilt. Her beautiful petals dried up, losing their lush color.

Looking to the cactus, she saw a sparrow dip his beak into the cactus to drink some water. Though ashamed, the rose asked the cactus if she could have some water. The kind cactus readily agreed, helping them both through the tough summer as friends.

Dear Sisters and Brothers, don't forget the lesson of this short story. Never judge anyone by the way they look. They might seem ugly and lowly, but they can be your best friend in the times of need.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Sometimes all of us have the feeling, that we are simply too tired to go on on the path of life. We feel tempted to give up as we see no hope to achieve what we want.

If you are, or recently have been in that kind of state, then the following poem might inspire you to re-collect your energies. Here it is:

When times are hard, you might stop for a bit,
But it's not over until the moment you quit.
On a river's bridge, failures are the planks;
Take one step at a time until you reach its banks.

Don't give up on your dreams; chase them instead;
You will find, one morning, as you wake up from bed,
That you are the person about whom you dreamed,
And you can reach great heights, impossible though it seemed.

When things go wrong and your back is to the wall,
Try to stand up; no more can you fall.
Life is full of ups and downs; take them in your stride.
You will discover your little star hidden inside.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I think all of us are striving for perfection. We would like to do our job flawless, we would like to be the ideal father, mother, son, dauther, wife or husband. But as we all know, perfection is hard to achieve. Actually, sometimes it's impossible even.

Today I would like to share with you an inspiration poem about the strife for perfection.

I know you wish you were perfect,
That you could just say what was on your mind,
But you have to learn to love yourself,
And that could take some time.

You need to stop dreaming,
And just let your thoughts go.
Stop trying to be perfect,
And let your dreams flow.

Sometimes life has its twists and turns.
You just have to find your way,
Because you can get through it,
No matter what people say.

Though some people will try to tear you down,
We will help you get up,
And we will always be your steady
That's there for the cleanup.

Because I know you wish you were perfect,
But you're everything and more,
And sometimes when you feel tied down,
You just need to spread your wings and soar.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Today I would like to preach about Friendship - this time from another perspective.

Please lsiten to the following short tale about the lonely elephant who was looking for friends.

A lone elephant walked through the forest, looking for friends. She soon saw a monkey and proceeded to ask, ‘Can we be friends, monkey?’
The monkey quickly replied, ‘You are big and can’t swing on trees as I do, so I cannot be your friend.’
Defeated, the elephant continued to search when it stumbled across a rabbit. She proceeded to ask him, ‘Can we be friends, rabbit?’
The rabbit looked at the elephant and replied, “You are too big to fit inside my burrow. You cannot be my friend.”
Then, the elephant continued until she met a frog. She asked, “Will you be my friend, frog?”
The frog replied, “You are too big and heavy; you cannot jump like me. I am sorry, but you can’t be my friend.”
The elephant continued to ask the animals she met on her way but always received the same reply. The following day, the elephant saw all the forest animals run in fear. She stopped a bear to ask what was happening and was told the tiger was attacking all the small animals.
The elephant wanted to save the other animals, so she went to the tiger and said, “Please, sir, leave my friends alone. Do not eat them.”
The tiger didn’t listen. He merely told the elephant to mind her own business.
Seeing no other way, the elephant kicked the tiger and scared him away. Upon hearing of the brave tale, the other animals agreed, “You are just the right size to be our friend.”

Dear Sisters and Brothers, friendship can come in various forms and shapes. Just because someone is different from us, it doesn't mean we can't build up a fruitful and deep friendship with them. Don't push away those, who are seeking to be your friend.

Blessings to you all.