Fenia City Cathedral

Moderator: Community Team

Sendile

Re: Fenia City Cathedral

Post by Sendile »

Dear Brothers and Sister in Faith,

Today I would like to speak about God's help. I am sure all of us have already been in situations, when only the help of the Almighty could save us from something terrible. But do we recognize His supporting presence in every case? Well, here is short story about this topic.

There was a small village by the river. Everyone lived happily and offered regular prayers at the village temple. Once during the monsoon season, it rained heavily. The river started overflowing and flood entered the village. Everyone started to evacuate their homes and set out to go to the safe place.

Then a man ran to the temple. He quickly went to the priest’s room and told him, “The flood water has entered into our homes and it is rising quickly. And water has also started to enter the temple. We must leave the village as in no time it will sink under the water! Everyone has set out to go to the safer place and you must come along”. The priest told the man, “I am not an atheist like you all and I have a full faith in God. I trust the God that he will come to save me. I will not leave the temple, You may go!” So, the man left.

Soon, the water level started to rise and reached waist height. The priest climbed on the desk. After a few minutes, a man with the boat came to rescue the priest. He told the priest, “I was told by the villagers that you are still inside the temple, so I have come to rescue you, please climb on the boat”. But the priest again refused to leave giving him the same reason. So the boatman left.

The water kept rising and reached to the ceiling, so the priest climbed to the top of the temple. He kept praying to the God to save him. Soon the helicopter came, they dropped the rope ladder for the priest and asked him to climb on and get inside the helicopter so they can take him to the safer place. But the priest refused to leave by giving him the same reason again! So the helicopter left to search and help others.

At last, when the temple nearly submerged under the water, the priest kept his head up and started complaining, “Oh Lord, I worshiped you for all my life and kept my faith in you! Why didn’t you come to save me?!” The God appeared in front of him and with a smile, he said, “Oh mad man, I came to save you three times! I came running to you to ask you to leave for the safest place with other villages, I came with a Boat, I came with a Helicopter! What is my fault if you didn’t recognize me?!”

The priest realized his mistake and asked for forgiveness. He got his chance to go to the safe place one more time, which he accepted.

Dear Brothers and Sisters, in life the opportunities sometimes come unnoticed, or not exactly in the form as we expect them. In such cases we often fail to recognize them, and then we keep complaining that life didn’t give us the opportunity to be happier. That's why we musn't forget to always take every chance we get, so that we can live a better, happier life.

Blessings to you all.
Priestess * Lady of Nettlebane Tower * Baroness of Linbridge
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Faith,

Today I would like to preach about measure. Of course you, who have come to listen to this Mass today, are kind and supportive creatures, who try everything to help others. Yet, can you - or better to say we - be sure that the extent of help we can provide is always appreciated?

There once lived a very good and pious priest. One Sunday he told his congregation, “Next week I shall hold an excellent sermon. It will be quite a long one, and it will be all-illumining. I believe it will help you all immensely. So do come and listen to my wonderful preaching.”

The following Sunday, he came to the church. Alas, nobody was there except one old man! The priest could not believe his eyes. He had informed everyone in advance that he would give a wonderful sermon which would illumine them. How is it that the church was not full? He was shocked.

He said to the old man, “I have prepared such an excellent sermon. Now you are the only one to hear it. Tell me, is it worth to give the sermon to one individual?”

The old man said, “Father, I am nothing but a simple farmer. I have quite a few cows. Every day I go to the cow shed and take lots of fodder. But some days when I go to the cow shed, for some reason, only one cow comes to eat. There should be many cows, but on that day there is only one cow. Still I do my job. I feed the one who has come. Then I go back home.”

The priest understood the old man’s point. That was his first illumination — not to count how many have come to hear his message. Even if only one person has come and that person is sincere, he should be taken seriously.

So the priest gave his long sermon to his audience of one person. Unfortunately, from time to time the farmer started sleeping soundly. At the end of the sermon, the priest asked him, “How did you enjoy it?”

The farmer said, “Father, I am nothing but a simple farmer. But when I go to the cow shed with a lot of fodder and I see there is only one cow, I do not force that cow to eat all the fodder that I have brought."

Dear Brothers and Sisters, sometimes it's hard to find the right measure. To always be there, when someone asks for our help, but on the other hand not to be too overwhelming with the help we give - that's a true art! Try to find the right measure in everything you do.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to speak about bad habits. How interesting it is, don't you think so? All of us have bad habits, and in many cases we even know about them. Still, it's so hard to ged rid of them! Why is it so? What is the reason behind this? Well, here is a story about it.

A wealthy businessman was worried about his son’s bad habits. He sought counsel from a wise, old man. The old man met the man’s son and took him out for a stroll. They walked into the woods, and the old man showed the boy a small sapling and asked him to pull it out. The boy did so with ease, and they walked on.

The old man then asked the boy to pull out a small plant. The boy did that too, with a little effort. As they walked, the old man asked the boy to pull out the bush, which he did. The next was a small tree, which the child had to struggle a lot to pull out. Finally, the old man showed him a bigger tree and asked the child to pull it out.

The child failed to pull it out even after trying several times, in different ways. The old man looked at the boy, smiled and said, “So is the case with habits, good or bad”.

Dear Brothers and Sisters, bad habits are hard to get rid of once they have settled in our everyday life. It is best to get rid of them early on.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to talk about efforts. We all know that without efforts nothing can be achieved. Yet, there are so many creatures, who always tend to wait for help from outside without themselves doing anything for the betterment of the situation. Again, let me share a story with you about this topic.

The rain gods had been smiling the whole night. The roads were muddy and the potholes were filled to the brim. It was the day for the market and Raju the farmer was riding his cart along the country road. He had to reach the market early so that he can sell his hay. It was very difficult for the horses to drag the load through the deep mud. On his journey suddenly the wheels of the horse cart sank into the mire.

The more the horses pulled, the deeper the wheel sank. Raju climbed down from his seat and stood beside his cart. He searched all around but could not find anyone around to help him. Cursing his bad luck, he looked dejected and defeated. He didn’t make the slightest effort to get down on the wheel and lift it up by himself. Instead, he started cursing his luck for what happened. Looking up at the sky, he started shouting at God, “I am so unlucky! Why has this happened to me? Oh God, come down to help me.”

After a long wait, God finally appeared before Raju. He asked Raju, “Do you think you can move the chariot by simply looking at it and whining about it? Nobody will help you unless you make some effort to help yourself. Did you try to get the wheel out of the pothole by yourself? Get up and put your shoulder to wheel and you will soon find the way out.”

Raju was ashamed of himself. He bent down and put his shoulder to the wheel and urged on the horses. In no time the wheel was out of the mire. Raju learned his lesson. He thanked God and carried on his journey happily.

Dear Brothers and Sisters, God helps those who help themselves. Remember the truth: The Almighty is close to those, who are willing to invest time and energy in the improvement of their circumstances.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to speak about a topic, which we all know very well: that is stress. Yes, all of us face some kind of stress, bigger or smaller each and every day of life. What can we do with it? What is the most possible positive approach to stress? Well, here is a story about it.

Once a professor took a glass of water at one of his lessons and asked his students “How heavy is this glass of water?” The students shouted out answers ranging from eight ounces to sixteen ounces.

He replied, “The absolute weight of this glass doesn’t matter. It all depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute or two, it’s fairly light. If I hold it for an hour straight, its weight might make my arm ache a little. If I hold it for a day straight, my arm will likely cramp up and feel completely numb and paralyzed, forcing me to drop the glass to the floor. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it feels to me.”

As the class shook their heads in agreement, he continued, “Your stresses and worries in life are very much like this glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and you begin to ache a little. Think about them all day long, and you will feel completely numb and paralyzed — incapable of doing anything else until you drop them.”

Dear Brothers and Sisters, it is of crucial importance to let our worries and negative feelings sometimes go. Learn to live your life without too much anxiety, before stress and your worries paralyze you and make you incapable of enjoying your days.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Some days ago I have found a lovely poem, which I would like to share with you now. Its title is "Friends".

A person who will listen and not condemn

Someone on whom you can depend

They will not flee when bad times are here

Instead, they will be there to lend an ear

They will think of ways to make you smile

So you can be happy for a while

When times are good and happy thereafter

They will be there to share the laughter

Do not forget your friends at all

For they pick you up when you fall

Do not expect to just take and hold

Give friendship back, it is pure gold.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to speak about constancy. We all know that in relationships it is greatly appreciated, moreover expected, that someone can be faithful. Yet, there is a story about it, which I would like to share with you now.

A Butterfly once fell in love with a beautiful Rose. The Rose was not indifferent, for the Butterfly’s wings were powdered in a charming pattern of gold and silver. And so, when he fluttered near and told how he loved her, she blushed rosily and said yes. After much pretty love-making and many whispered vows of constancy, the Butterfly took a tender leave of his sweetheart.

But alas! It was a long time before he came back to her.

“Is this your constancy?” she exclaimed tearfully. “It is ages since you went away, and all the time, you have been carrying on with all sorts of flowers. I saw you kiss Miss Geranium, and you fluttered around Miss Mignonette until Honey Bee chased you away. I wish he had stung you!”

“Constancy!” laughed the Butterfly. “I had no sooner left you than I saw Zephyr kissing you. You carried on scandalously with Mr. Bumble Bee and you made eyes at every single Bug you could see. You can’t expect any constancy from me!”

Dear Brothers and Sisters, we can expect just as much constancy, as we, orselves can give. Do not expect constancy in others if you have none yourself.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to preach about a theme, that might arouse interest in many of you: that is success. Indeed, so many of us would like to be successful in something: in our profession, in our relationships, or generally in life. But what is the secret of success? Well, here is a short story about this topic.

Once a young man asked the wise man, Socrates, the secret to success. Socrates patiently listened to the man’s question and told him to meet him near the river the next morning for the answer. The next morning Socrates asked the young man to walk with him towards the river. As they went in the river the water got up to their neck. But to the young man’s surprise, Socrates ducked him into the water.

The young man struggled to get out of the water, but Socrates was strong and kept him there until the boy started turning blue. Socrates pulled the man’s head out of the water. The young man gasps and took a deep breath of air. Socrates asked, ‘What did you want the most when your head was in the water?” The young man replied, “Air.” Socrates said, “That is the secret to success. When you want success as badly as you wanted the air while you were in the water, then you will get it. There is no other secret.”

Dear Brothers and Sisters, a burning desire is the starting point of all accomplishments. Just like a small fire can not give much heat, a weak desire cannot produce great results.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Today I would like speak about life. What is life? What is its purpose? These questions are nearly unanswerable. Still, there is a short poem about this topic. Here it is:

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.

Life is beauty, admire it.

Life is a dream, realize it.

Life is a challenge, meet it.

Life is a duty, complete it.

Life is a game, play it.

Life is a promise, fulfill it.

Life is sorrow, overcome it.

Life is a song, sing it.

Life is a struggle, accept it.

Life is a tragedy, confront it.

Life is an adventure, dare it.

Life is luck, make it.

Life is too precious, do not destroy it.

Life is life, fight for it.

Blessings to you all.
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

Today I would like to speak about problem solving. It might ba an interesting topic again, as all of us face several problems day by day. How can we get rid of them? How can we solve them relatively easily? Here is a short story about this theme.

Once upon a time, there was a peasant who lived in a small house. There was a mouse in his house. It stole the peasant’s foods every day and took it in its hole. Poor peasant tried getting rid of the mouse, but he couldn’t. He even hung his food on the ceiling, but the mouse found it there and spoiled it.

One of the friends of the peasant advised him to find the hole of the mouse and destroy it. The peasant heeded the advice and that night he secretly followed the mouse. He found its hole and destroyed it. The mouse managed to escape but it became weaker day by day since all its food was gone and it had no energy to climb. After a while, the peasant caught the mouse easily and took it in a far forest. The mouse could never come again.

Dear Sisters and Brothers, to solve an issue, we need to find its source. Always look for the very root of the problem and you will be able to find a quick and effective solution.

Blessings to you all.