A Letter

Moderator: Community Team

balerion

A Letter

Post by balerion »

Dear Fenians, it has come to my attention that my friend and your mayor may have led you to believe I might be coming through with ill intentions. I have no desire to visit Fenia City at present and I certainly don't desire to cast disease upon your fair city. I myself just suffered an illness from a recent even while I was filling in as mentor for tigerlily who is in retreat.

Sep 24, 1654
4:00 am Mazork casted disease on the town and you got ill.

I was the second mayor that Fenia City ever had. I have always felt a soft place for it in my heart and will continue to do so for all the days of my life. I bear no Fenian any ill will and have done everything in my power to keep the recent madness in Imperius from brewing into a civil war.

Yours Truly,
Balerion Sunspear
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Aida

Re: A Letter

Post by Aida »

Aida approaches the town noticeboard, carrying goods from Imperius under her arm in a basket, ready for market. She scans the board lazily for news, before almost turning away. Stopping suddenly, a letter catches her eye and Aida reads quickly. This recent instablity is troubling. She smiles at the letter briefly, assured the dragon will cause no strife and quietly hopes the political tensions will calm themselves. Hoisting her basket higher on her hips, she makes off to sell the merchandise, humming a pleasant tune.
Zuan

Post by Zuan »

I was the second mayor that Fenia City ever had. I have always felt a soft place for it in my heart and will continue to do so for all the days of my life. I bear no Fenian any ill will and have done everything in my power to keep the recent madness in Imperius from brewing into a civil war.
If we want to discuss past events which involve you with Fenia, what about the times you attacked Imperius? What about when you helped the revolt in Widu? What about when you were Viceroy of Bravia and wanted to attack Fenian Mines with Kiene? What about your clear support to an outlaw? Things are rather simple Balerion. You have hurt Fenia in the past, you have beared ill to Fenians, and the only power you ever hold or want is to corrupt and maim. For the last two years i've been fighting to keep this land safe. Whereas Michael has sat and done nothing to support the Kingdom in times of war, and you more often than not have been jumping between sides or one of those fighting against us. I have a memory Balerion and I use it. There are people in this Kindom in the past who have done wrong, but worked their way back into trust through fighting with Fenia aginst our enemies, you have only ever caused strife and pain, so until that changes do not expect me to trust you and do not expect me to welcome you into my lands.
High King of The Fenians - Brother to Dahlia, Ambra, Trinity, Sera & Zhou
balerion

Post by balerion »

My letter was clearly addressing the one the mayor of Fenia sent to the residents of that fair city. I vowed years ago never to attack Fenia City and that is not going to change. I can have a big long discussion if you like, but I think it would be rather pointless. Of course I participated in revolts, its something my sister and I did together with a great gaggle of friends. That doesn't change the truth of what I have said.
Shaker of Castles
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

balerion wrote:Dear Fenians, it has come to my attention that my friend and your mayor may have led you to believe I might be coming through with ill intentions. I have no desire to visit Fenia City at present and I certainly don't desire to cast disease upon your fair city. I myself just suffered an illness from a recent even while I was filling in as mentor for tigerlily who is in retreat.
Mazork too?
tut tut, all these sorcerors learning disease these days.
Where hath all the classics gone -Fireball, Lightening Bolt?

Actually, in hindsight, I might have confused you with Reaver or an associate thereof who in the last bout of trouble did cast disease on the city.

My applologies if I have.

I remembered the incident of being able to sell aloe for a change and a stray comment from a conversation you and I spoke of once ((in suggestions thread)) about how to create market demand for aloe
Ah. Interesting, I wasn't aware of that.

Actually, I have a public works project underway to beautify the town'square with some statuary. I have paid out of pocket for one to be made of the first mayor, Thorn Bracken; and the town has bought one to honour Amanda who saw us through as well. Lady Black hawk is on the roster for the next one should I meet the treasury goal set for autumn. If you would like to contribute to the project, fiscally or otherwise, I have no trouble with placing your own statue amongst those of the towns other founders.

I am glad to hear of your trying to maintain reason amongst madness. Such events as these need not require anything more than the vote to decide them.

I had been informed however that the situation had unfortunately already progressed beyond "waiting for the vote" and was told to keep a weather eye out for potential faction-based violence; a prospect which causes me to sigh in annoyance.

Thank you for your trouble and please have a very pleasant evening.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
balerion

Post by balerion »

Were you aware Lady Blackhawk was driven out of her office by Queen Scarlette for severe fiscal negligence? I fear Scarlette would roll in her grave if there were a statue raised for a disgraced mayor. I myself don't need a statue persay but I won't pretend it wouldn't be gratifying.
Shaker of Castles