OOC about Map

Moderator: Community Team

Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

OOC about Map

Post by Aishe »

OOC: With Aida in retreat and not having been active for a long while, I would suggest copying her first post and creating a new thread for this, retiring this one. That will allow it to continue onwards. If/when she returns and if she wants to take back over as nap director, then she can.

In the mean time, why let something good die? :)
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Argenth

Re: Fenia City Map and Directory

Post by Argenth »

Aishe wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:07 am OOC: With Aida in retreat and not having been active for a long while, I would suggest copying her first post and creating a new thread for this, retiring this one. That will allow it to continue onwards. If/when she returns and if she wants to take back over as nap director, then she can.

In the mean time, why let something good die? :)
I fully agree. Already been talking with a few people about this behind the curtains :D
|-| Banner by Faranni |-| "We are all the heroes of our own stories... Just sometimes, we forget that others have their own stories as well."
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

We need someone with IRL computer skills who wants to join the TC as map person to take over this project if folks want their properties displayed in a thread like this.

Otherwise you can have what ever number you like, and even whatever street name you like by contacting the mayor and asking for it.
Please keep in mind though that it does costs 100F for TH to add another street to the towns official drop down list for when you click to build a house or move one.

@Nikola, I believe I did add the street you asked for the last time I did a round of street building and sent out a mail asking for suggested street names.
You can double-check with Johnstone who now has access to the complete list of street names.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Duke_of_Earl wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:53 pm We need someone with IRL computer skills who wants to join the TC as map person to take over this project if folks want their properties displayed in a thread like this.

Otherwise you can have what ever number you like, and even whatever street name you like by contacting the mayor and asking for it.
Please keep in mind though that it does costs 100F for TH to add another street to the towns official drop down list for when you click to build a house or move one.

@Nikola, I believe I did add the street you asked for the last time I did a round of street building and sent out a mail asking for suggested street names.
You can double-check with Johnstone who now has access to the complete list of street names.
Yes, you did, Duke. My address is 25 Summerland Way. It just isn't on the map so no one knows unless they happen to take a peek at my profile. I think Argenth was offering to take over this project. He is a very active citizen and if he's not already on the Town Council, I would certainly vouch for him.
Argenth

Post by Argenth »

I know of a few programs, and can give it a try. Question is if we want to keep the current map, or make a complete new one. But all that can always be talked over some other place if it could be something I should have a look at.
|-| Banner by Faranni |-| "We are all the heroes of our own stories... Just sometimes, we forget that others have their own stories as well."
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Aida and Ramz put a lot of work into that map so I, for one, would like to see it kept, if only for historical purposes. If you are not able to use what they have, can you make a close approximation of it?
Argenth

Post by Argenth »

Should be able to make it work, and if need comes to be, I can just add new areas to the map. I for one also hate to see old work getting lost.
Ella

Post by Ella »

I talked to Argenth, and he has allowed me to go ahead and redo the maps like the original.

New map can be found here.
❋ Duchess of North Fenshire ❋ Wife of Zuan ❋ Finance Minister of Fenia ❋ Mayor of Fenia City ❋
Bloodstone

Post by Bloodstone »

Greetings

My house and smithy ares located at 8 Main Street, Fenia.
Bloodstone, Lord of Stonebrae Keep
Blacksmith, and Hunter.
Ella

Post by Ella »

Bloodstone wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:47 pm Greetings

My house and smithy ares located at 8 Main Street, Fenia.
If you look at the new map here, you can pick a location on the map. There were not street names on the old map, so I did not add them to this one.
❋ Duchess of North Fenshire ❋ Wife of Zuan ❋ Finance Minister of Fenia ❋ Mayor of Fenia City ❋