[ORP] The Widu Event - A Community RP open to all

Moderator: Community Team

Tesla

Re: [ORP] The Widu Event - A Community RP open to all

Post by Tesla »

Looking over the piles of letters he sighs, it seems like days since he had last slept. He decides to sort them in two different piles, well wishes and hate mail. He pens off a couple of other letters and takes a bite from a stale loaf. Finishing off what he hopes will be the last note he walks outside and post it to the walls for everyone to see.
To the army The First File,
You are currently in a town under the Bravian flag, you have revolted and failed. Tesla's Tainted will not attack your army this day. We ask that you either disband or retreat back to Fenian soil. We wish not to continue this fight unless it is asked of us.

As Captain of this army I feel it is only fair as it seems you have lost your captain. I wish not to see Widu citizens harmed by being in a leaderless army. However, I do not control the creatures under the flags of different armies. By staying in The First File you risk another battle.

I hereby give notice to my soldiers to only defend the next 24 hours, after that we must ensure no Fenia army remains in Widu.

My regards,
Tesla
After finishing his task he sits back in the mayors office. He never wanted this chair, he was always happy as sheriff, just looking at the walls and teaching. Gone were the days where he could be left alone, tinkering on his newest inventions. He went from a simple butcher to a rebel leader in a matter of months.

Sitting back in his office he hears the yells of the defeated coming through the cracks of the door. He ignores the chatter as it is no business of his. His business is complete. Thinking back he remembers being told how he had two options, pledge loyalty or move his belongings to Bravia, obviously someone didn't realize that he would find a different solution.

He reads another missive from an old friend from his destroyed hometown and smiles. It has been to long to hear from some of these creatures.

A knock at the door brings another note that the queen has disappeared from Widu. Last thing he remembers is seeing her being ran off by a member of his rag tag group. He smiles and thinks, royalty can so quickly be brought down by the smallest of people.

Hoping this is the last task he walks along the walls of the town and searching for spare stores of food. Luckly he has stashed away some of his own crops and eggs. It was a shame that his entire stock of eggs were bought up by the defeated. The town will bounce back, my chickens will get their lay on and the butcher shop will soon be pushing out my tasty meat.

He slowly walks back up to his group and wishes them a good night and so far, a job well done.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

Mazork rolled up the letter he'd just read. An order to fall back to Imperius. He nodded thoughtfully, agreeing that for the moment it was the best course of actions. Last night's attempt at taking back the Town Hall had been a failure, much as expected, and there were more Bravian forces arriving to the town every hour. He looked around his manor, the one known as "the House of Basalt and Ash". Things were running much like usual. Cane and the other servants would be left to run the household and the business. Hopefully the Bravian government wouldn't cause much problems for them. Mazork had of course cast powerful wards and barriers around the house, they most likely wouldn't see it as worthy of the effort required to break through and occupy the manor, but they had other ways to cause problems for the servants in the house.

"Cane!" he called. The steward came within half a minute, quickly bowing. How many times had Mazork told him that it was unnecessary? They were old friends by now. Oh well...

"Deliver this for me, will you?" He handed the servant a sealed letter addressed to Genova. "The order we were expecting has arrived, I'm leaving for Imperius."

"Yes, m'lord," the old steward replied.

"As we discussed, keep things running as normally as possible under the circumstances. I'll be back when I can. Good bye."

"Yes, m'lord," Cane repeated. After a short moment, he added: "Please be careful."

"Of course." The orc turned his back and marched out of his house.
balerion

Post by balerion »

It had been a very long time since Balerion had moved all across the world but Widu being his birthplace had always remained special to him. He definitely had mixed feelings on the matter at hand but things were as they were and there was no changing the past. He looked across the city that now proudly flew the Bravian flag. The city was as beautiful as he had remembered it. He would defend Widu as a part of Bravia but part of him felt regret. The death of Scarlette was startling news and he was still somewhat in shock. Even so he was still quite pleased with the events that had unfolded. A bit of chaos always balanced out the order which so often caused the boredoms of life. The political speeches didn't phase him as he was used to the like, some good points were made alongside bad ones. Entering Widu he placed some of the food he had brought with him onto the market. It simply wouldn't do to have citizens go hungry due to the political upheaval. After placing some provisions he looked around the market at all the people's faces. Many seemed pleased with events but many were also angry by what had taken place. It was quite understandable. Balerion greeted his fellow Bravian troops as he saw some march pass in proud formation. He couldn't help but smile at seeing their uniforms. He had never thought to see Bravian soldiers march through Widu anytime soon, but one never knew what the future held. Balerion marched up to the mayor's office where he sought out Tesla and Genova. Congratulations on your successful revolt, and may I be the first to say Welcome to Bravia!
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Kikk

Post by Kikk »

edit: contents removed. nvm.
Thoughtless

Post by Thoughtless »

Reading the letter, Thoughtless was quite upset. "Surely, Fenia won't stand for this! But with the army in tatters, I must retreat...," he said with a sigh. Hearing a news about the Dragon coming, he knew it was time to leave for now...

"Perhaps the next time I return home to Widu it will be different. If they are welcoming Balerion in...," he commented begrudgingly as he headed out of town.

He penned a letter to the Mayor.
Dear Mayor of Widu,
As a Fenia citizen, I have withdrawn from my home town. I do not know what the future of Widu will be, but if it is not returned to Fenia will there be allowances for us to be able to return to sell fields and gather items from our homes if we choose to move?

Thoughtless
Genova

Post by Genova »

Genova was still on guard when she received a note. She thanked the messenger and quickly penned a reply.

Dear Thoughtless,

I already assumed beforehand that someone like this would happen. The citizens are free to choose where they wish to live. As much as I would like to give money to the citizens, the Towh Council has an on-going project to loan money to the citizens who wish to switch their fields or professions (please refer to my mass mail a week or two ago).

That being said, the town's money is with its citizens who have borrowed cash to help our market.

However, before this situation happened, the VR of Fenia has a Migration Program. Since you are coming from Widu, which is technically in Bravia, I am certain that the new Viceroy will not deny you those privileges that were entitled to all moving to Fenia.

Sincerely,
Genova
Then she found a messenger to quickly send the missive. "Make haste," she instructed the messenger.