[ORP] Chateau de Xaviera - The home of Haley and Shane

Moderator: Community Team

Hooded Man

Re: [ORP] Chateau de Xaviera - The home of Haley and Shane

Post by Hooded Man »

A mist gathers amongst the trees.
It thickens.
Curiously, it seems to be confined to a very small area.
From it a figure walks.
As he stands looking around the mist vanishes.

The `Hooded Man` seeks out the Wards of Protection he had cast many moons ago.
Nodding in satisfaction that they still hold strong he walks up to the house.
Before knocking on the door he permits himself a rare smile.

"A new 'life force' is within." he acknowledges.
He seeks out the `Ka` of the new arrival.
He nods at what he finds.
"The child is in no danger from 'The Others'." he says to himself.
"The mother is another matter."
"Now she has given birth, it is time for her to chose."
"She can either keep those powers she has and be trained in them."
"Or...give them up and lead a normal life."

The 'Hooded Man' sighs having seen many before, in the Blackhawk family, also having to make the same choice.
For some it has brought sadness, a very, very few have known some happiness.
Only the male lineage does not have any choice.

He raises his staff and raps the door.
Last edited by Hooded Man on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley had finished feeding her daughter and rocked her to sleep. She kissed her forehead and smiled. She lay the little babe in the crib gently not wanting her to wake. As she buttoned her shirt, she heard a knocking at the door. She quickly finished fixing her blouse and walked to the door wondering who could be visiting her today. She hoped it wasn't bad news about Shane.

As she put her hand on the doorknob, Violet was to her side
. "It's alright Violet, I got this." Violet smiled and walked back to the kitchen finishing the preparations for dinner.

She opened the door and saw the hooded man. She smiled and widened the door. She had remembered him from Fenia and thought she would not see him again
. "Please come in."
Hooded Man

Post by Hooded Man »

Hooded Man offers a slight bow to the Lady Hayley_Rose and enters.
Without asking he goes to the room where the child is sleeping.
Looking down at the baby he nods in satisfaction before turning to face Hayley_Rose.

"Forgive my calling without any warning and for my delay in speaking to you." he says.
"Matters elsewhere needed my attention."

Hooded Man looks around the room.

"You have a nice house."
"I believe that is the usual compliment spoken."
"I am unused to such things."

He looks at Hayley before continuing.

"Last time we had spoken I mentioned about yourself having some `Power`."
"That....is most unusual."
"I shall now explain..."

Hooded Man begins his tale.....

"It begins eons ago...when this land was the battleground between two forces from the other 'Planes of Existance'."
"These are worlds that exist outside this lands existance."
"Neither side were winning and they called a truce."
"It was decided by these Lords that this land would be left alone, with neither side claiming rule."
"To ensure that both forces held to the agreement a clan was selected to oversee the land."
"To help them in this task they were given many Powers on the understanding that they may not interfere in the affairs of the creatures living here nor reveal that they are in possession of such Powers."
"Their task is to only look after the land and nothing else."

Hooded Man pauses to allow Hayley_Rose to think on what he has just said.

Continuing.....

"The powers they were given are called 'FAWE'."
"These Powers enabled them to call upon the forces of `Fire`, `Air`, `Water` and `Earth`."
"It should come as no surprise to you now to realise that it was the 'Blackhawk' family that was chosen."
"Since then, it has been the family who have had to look after this land up to this present day."
"The Power is passed down through the male lineage which brings me to you."

He stares at Hayley_Rose.

"Somehow, you seem to have inherited part of those Powers."
"This means that you now have to make a choice."

Hooded Man pauses again.

"You can either keep what Power you have and ask to be trained in the use of it. Which means that you will be under the same restrictions."
"By that I mean, you cannot use the Power to interfere in the affairs of any creature."
"It is a burden."
"Can you stand by and watch a loved one suffer or die knowing that you have the power to help but are not allowed to?"
"Or.......I can remove the Power and all knowledge of it."
"You will then be able to live a 'normal' life."
"The choice is yours to make."

He waits for a reply.
Last edited by Hooded Man on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

She looked at him curiously, "So you are saying i cannot use my power to save a friend.but isn't that what our family is about. Helping people when and if we can."

Haley put her head down in-frustration. She did have a very hard decision to make.

She looked at the man again
, "So what are we allowed to use with our power. With this power do we make a difference in this world.
Hooded Man

Post by Hooded Man »

Hooded Man nods at Hayleys reply.

"That is the burden I spoke about." he says.
"The Power, may only be used to help the land and the land only."
"To use a Power to help a creature would be the cause of an imbalance and only give an excuse for the 'Lords' to return here."
"Unless....it be only a 'minor' help."

He looks at Hayley_Rose.

"If they returned, the devastion caused would send this land back to the Dark Days of this land."

Hooded Man pauses.

"There are many other ways to help another creature."
"You think that you are the first of the Blackhawk family to question this onus?"
"There have been many who have had to stand helpless and watch their love ones pass on knowing that they could have prevented it."
"But, they knew the results of interfering for their own personal benefit would cause this land to be plunged into chaos with the loss of many creatures lives."
"That is the burden that the Blackhawk family have to bear and, so far, none turned away from it."
"The land is everything."
"It will be here long after all the creatures have passed on but only if there is someone to heal it."
"As I said earlier, if it is of any help, you may help 'cure' a minor illness but you may not let the creature know that you have."
"To attempt to bring some back from 'Deaths' domain is forbidden."
"Not even the 'Lords' can do that for to do so would make that creature a hollow shell. Inhabited by a fowl spirit."

Hooded Man looks.

"Times is running short. I need you to answer."
"Do you wish to retain the Power or shall I remove it?"
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley listens intently and even though it is a hard choice she understands that the land is most important. She looks at him and replies, "I shall accept this power you speak of." She looked around the room and then back at the hooded man. She then waited for him to speak again not knowing what would happen next.
Hooded Man

Post by Hooded Man »

'Hooded Man' nods at her reply.

"Forgive me for not responding but my essence was away on the other plane while my physical prescence remained here with you." he whispers.
Pausing, he reaches out and draws on the power of Earth to re-energise himself.

He smiles slightly at young Haley.

"The path you have chosen may not be an easy one." he remarks.

He stands.
Drawing on all his powers he casts the `Wards of Protection` around the house and lands.
The air shimmers as they take effect.

"Lady Haley you have chosen, of your own free will, to accept what powers you have inherited."
"By so doing, you have also accepted the responsibilities that comes with those powers."
"That you may not use your power to interfer in the lives of others. To do so would upset the 'Balance' in this world."

`Hooded Man` pauses as he seeks the words to say next.

He says......
"I am urgently required on the other 'Plane', so I will tell you this."
"Your uncle, Lordblackhawk will be the one to mentor you with your power. He knows naught that you have a power even though he has 'felt' its prescence."
"He is also teaching his son."
"I hope that I have taught him well."

'Hooded Man' looks at Haley.

"How you use the power is your choice. You can use it for the 'Dark' or for the 'Light'."
"There will come a time in the future when the forces of 'Dark' and 'Light' do face each other in battle."
"Which side will you choose to be on?"
"Only you can decide."

He feels himself drawn away.

"My time is finished here for now." he says.
"Look to Lordblackhawk for help and advice."

Not giving Haley time to reply he transports to..............
Haley_Rose

Post by Haley_Rose »

Haley snapped out of her daydreaming when she heard the hooded man speak about her acceptance of the power. She still did not understand what he spoke of. Maybe her uncle would be some help in helping her understand. Just when she was about to ask him something he vanished in thin air and her mouth dropped to the floor. She chuckled a little and thought that was something she definitely could use with all of her current duties in Imperius but was sure that wouldn't be allowed.

She got up from the table when she heard Emily crying her poor heart out and ran upstairs to her bedroom to go spend some time with her. Once the hooded man left, her thoughts bounced back to worrying about her husband. She sensed something was terribly wrong but couldn't pin it on anything specific. As she arrived at her daughter's room, she could still hear her screaming and rushed to her crib quickly. She picked her up after she swaddled her in her warm baby blanket so she would feel as if she was still in her womb. That seemed to help her feel safe and warm. She cradled her in her arms and walked around the room rocking her gently and humming a sweet Elven lullaby that she often heard when she was a babe herself. She wasn't sure why she remembered it lately but it was nice to sing to Emily especially when she was so upset.

Resigning as Rector for Fenia was coming at a perfect time in her life. She needed the extra time and so did her daughter she was afraid especially since the feeling of dread over her missing husband was overwhelming her as of late. After calming her daughter down to soft cooing sounds from Emily she sat down in front of the window in the white rocking chair that her husband, Shane, had made before she gave birth to her daughter. As the rocking was helping Emily, it was also helping Haley think of wonderful times when her husband was doting over her because of the pregnancy and then it brought back sadness to her because she missed and loved him so.