[ORP] A New Begining

Moderator: Community Team

Gawain

Re: [ORP] A New Begining

Post by Gawain »

Having spent some time just simply sitting and meditating whilst enjoying the sounds of nature in the meadow, Gawain now started to head back towards Tuvoria's house and as he passed through the orchard, he paused occasionally to pick some oranges on the way, putting them into the sack he had put inside his pack that morning as he had planned to pick some oranges on his way back.

As he approached the clearing where Tuv's house was, he could see the smoke rising from the chimney so he knew that Tuv had returned, as the fire from this morning would not still be burning from then. Finally reaching the house, he dismounted from his horse, unsaddled it, and put out some fodder and water for it.

As soon as he entered the house, he smiled as he saw both Tuv and Wyllow sitting in the main room.
"Hello, I picked some oranges on my way back. I'll just put them in the kitchen and I'll be back."

He then went into the kitchen, noticing the delicious aroma of roasting as he put the sack containing a dozen oranges on the counter. He then briefly went into his room to put his pack down before returning to join the others in the main room. Smiling, he took a seat near them. "Something smells very good! So, how was your day?"
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She nodded. 'That does sound nice.' Just then, Gawain entered, and she stood up. He made his way to the kitchen then returned to where they were. She clasped her hands together. 'It is good to see you, Gawain. I hope you have had an enjoyable day! By the looks of things, it certainly was profitable with all those oranges. I just hope you brought an empty stomach along.' She laughed. 'Help yourself to some wine and strawberries. Both are excellent!.'

'Oh! Supper is just about ready. I better go check on it. I'll be right back.' She then made herself scarce for the sake of checking on the meal. She was certain that it was just about done and she didn't want it to overcook, yet she wanted to make certain that the vegetables were done.

As she checked everything over, she was nearly satisfied. The colour of the bird was perfect and the juices ran clear. She speared a piece of broccoli and blew on it before popping it into her mouth and it was perfect. One of her most favorite vegetables. Even the potatoes were at just the right tenderness. Pulling the pot out, she set it aside and put in the rolls as well as the sweet rolls. By the time things were to be served, both types of breads would be done as the baked rather quickly.

Fetching a large plate that could double as a platter, she set to work separating the vegetables, yet keeping them on the same large plate...
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

"Hi Gawain. I am glad you had a good ride. We hit the market and then came home to get things ready. I must say Wyl is amazing in the kitchen. I have an open bottle of wine if you would like to join us."

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain chuckled at Wyllow's remark. "I've not had much to eat today, so I have plenty of room! Mmm...these strawberries do look good as does does the wine."

He helped himself to a strawberry and turned to Tuvoria. "Yes, it has been a good ride and I'm glad you have a good day too. The oranges are for all of us to have too if you would like and I will join you for some wine."
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

After some time, she set out the kitchen table. It wasn't fancy, but it was functional. She was a practical woman, after all, yet she wanted it to be just perfect. The center of the table showcased their meal delightfully and in a way that was inviting. The chicken was still left to carve, but she would ask Tuvoria to do that. She smiled as the voices from the other room could be heard from time to time.

It was nice. Looking over the table, she decided it was as ready as it was going to be and she hurried back to the other room. She waited for the conversation to lull, which wasn't long at all, and she informed them that supper was ready. 'Everything is set if you two would like to eat now.' She smiled and turned back into the kitchen to await them.

She then pulled the fresh baked rolls out. The sweet ones were placed with a cloth over them to cool, while the others were turned out into a small basket that she had lined with a cloth to absorb any moisture that would come from them from being piping hot. She didn't direct anyone to their seat as this was a casual meal and to her it didn't matter where everyone sat.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

"Thanks Wyl, shall we join her Gawain? If it taste at least half as good as it smells we are in for a treat."

Tuvoria then rose, grabbed the bottle of wine and came to the table. He helped Wyl to a seat and gently pushed her in.

"This looks absolutely wonderful my love. Is there anything else that needs to be done before I sit, other than refreshing our wine?"

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She smiled as Tuvoria aided in her seat and answered his question. 'If you could do us the honours of carving up that bird, I believe that is all that is needed.' She placed her hands in her lap and waited for them all to be seated. The plethora of food before them came together nicely. She was pleased that it had.

So many things could have gone wrong. Matter of fact, her being in a kitchen she wasn't used to, it should have. But something gave her an easy confidence. She was tentative to their meal as it cooked, relying on instinct and practice alike. She hope this wouldn't be the last meal she would cook for him.
Gawain

Post by Gawain »

Gawain smiled.

"Thanks, Wyl. Yes, Tuv let's join her now. It does smell very good."

He then rose and went to the table and took a seat.

"This looks wonderful, Wyl."
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Picking up a carving fork and knife, Tuvoria smiles at Wyllow.

"Indeed this does look amazing. Let me carve this wonderful bird and then we can begin. Wyl, Gawain, is there are particular part or piece of the chicken that you would like for me to serve you?"

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She smiled at the two of them for their compliments. 'It is the least that I could do, after... well, you know.' She blushed then. They had both been great when she needed them. There wasn't really anyway to really give her full thanks for that. 'Any piece is great, really. How about a thigh piece for me?' She suggested then.

Picking up a fork, she began to spear pieces of vegetables onto her plate so as to say 'Dig In!'. 'Oh, I just love Broccoli.' She exclaimed as she put some on her plate then looked towards the potatoes and carrots to place a couple chunks of that upon her plate. Next, she glanced at the spinach salad, that contained tomatoes and other tasty vegetables. Placing a small heep on the side of her plate, she then waited for the others to follow suit.

Reaching forth, she took a sip from her glass. 'So Gawain, how was your day?' She smiled. Once again, she knew that she had stolen Tuvoria away from him. But, she had had such a lovely time. She almost felt guilty for doing so.