[-Special Guest-] Interview

Moderator: Community Team

Arnaud_Leroux

[-Special Guest-] Interview

Post by Arnaud_Leroux »

For those of you who are new to this, Special guest is a mini interview of sorts. I ask five questions two tend to be related to the character and the rest are related to the town, VR or Events. Special Guest is aimed to be a nice little read and a way for you the reader to be able to learn about whom is interviewed. If you are interested in the Special guest send me a letter and I’ll do my best to get back to you with questions ! Enjoy !
“Greetings Reader ! I am the Mentors assistant Arnaud Leroux and today with me I have our Special Guest, Baby !” Arnaud motions for her to sit down as he takes a seat himself, there is a bowl of various treats and a glass of water. “Firstly let me say this, thank you to our sponsors ‘The Graveyard Shift’ for funding this interview !

Q- Greetings Baby, well firstly I’d like to thank you for being here. What can you tell us about yourself, I understand you’re a Siren ? What is that if I may ask, I’m not well versed in that race. You live in Widu don’t you ? Do you have any family back in the ocean ?

A- Baby takes a seat across from Arnaud Leroux and smiles, "Thanks for having me, Arnaud."

"Aye, I am a siren, of which the females are sometimes called mermaids. Sirens are mostly known for living under water in lakes, rivers, and oceans. We are a varied race. Just like there are different types of elves and humans, there are many different kinds of sirens, and they belong to many different societies, some nomadic, others not. There can be fresh water or salt water sirens, and Siren societies can be democratic, oligarchical, or monarchial. I am a salt water siren, and my community was matriarchal with a non-hereditary monarchy. Now I live in Widu since coming ashore. I've made many friends here, and even have adopted Tolin as my father, but I still have family in the ocean. However, my society tends to view everyone that lives in the community as being family."

Q- Interesting, tell me why did you decide to go on land ? How are you finding the people on these lands and their traditions ? I do have one question that Is personally poking me, as a siren, how do you manage to get around town since there is no water..

A- "Once sirens are old enough to come on land, we - at least those in my community - come on land as a rite of passage. It is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures. The people here on land have different personalities just like sirens, and I have found them to be quite amicable in general. They have a lot of interesting different customs. One that I really like is cooking. We can't cook underwater with fire being impossible, so I have been learning to cook different dishes since I arrived in Widu."

Baby chuckles, "I am able to shapeshift into a humanoid form. When I do, my gills disappear and my lungs become functional. That way, I can walk, talk, and breathe on land."

Q – Great, lets get on to the next part of our interview ! What are your thoughts on the town and the VR, good and bad of course. Also what do you know of the Queen Victorious ?

A - "I like Widu a lot. The people are nice. I was disappointed at first that there was not a sea nearby, but I found out that Widu does have some waterfalls and a river, which makes me feel more at home. The town of Widu from what I can tell has a market where goods can be bought at a very decent price, which is great for shopping. Of course, being a one town VR makes it difficult to have mini-games, but it seems to be managing well overall. As for Queen Victorious, it took me a little bit to get to know her, and I don't think I know her that well, but now that I do know her, I think she is quite nice. She has always been helpful to me, so I'm grateful for that."

Q Widu has been through some tough times, what do you know of the rebellion, independence and why they chose Kiene as their VR ? Do you agree with those choices or would you have done things differently?

A- "I arrived after Widu became part of Kiene, so I only have second hand information. As I was told, Widu was once a part of Fenia, then it obtained independence. Widu had some sort of alliance with Bravia; of the details, I am not sure. However, I was told that when the town of Spirus was forced to evacuate, the Spirians?" Baby questions to herself whether this is the correct term for a person from Spirus, "...the Spririans came to Widu. As they lost their old VR Kiene, they decided to rebuild in Widu, and made Widu the new Kiene. This is all I know. Due to not knowing all the circumstances, I cannot say whether or not I agree with this, only that I hope the older citizens of Widu also had a say in whether Widu became the new Kiene."

Q –Lastly, is there anything you’d like to add to the interview ?

A- Baby thinks for a second, "Only that Widu is absolutely wonderful, and I recommend it as a place to live for anyone currently looking for a new home." Baby smiles to Arnaud Leroux, "Thanks, again, for having me, Arnaud."