The Wild Woods of Bravia

Moderator: Community Team

Araldia_Brawn

Re: The Wild Woods of Bravia

Post by Araldia_Brawn »

The flames died down and just a glimmer of light remained showing Araldia where he was.

"How did I get here? Oh my!"

He shook his head in disbelief, the last thing he knew he was spending his first night in his new home; a small cottage in the town of Bravia and he was drifting off to sleep in his bed, and now, he was fully dressed, in the forest cold and scared.

"Who are you? Oh Demon that has brought me here to burn alive, what have I done to deserve this?"

He could feel the tears begin to well up, he had no idea how to be brave, his heart was pumping at twice its usual pace and fear had taken over. He was calling for the demons to show themselves, yet knew that when they did, he did not have what it took to face and defeat them.
Iphito

Post by Iphito »

The sound of his voice startled her and she almost lost balance. Slowly she slid down the tree and grabbed a stick on her way down. With a slight thud Iphito landed on the soft forest ground and with small steps she made her way over to the being. Making sure she stayed out of reach she circled it, the stick between them.

"Who..." her voice not much more then a whisper. Iphito cleared her throat and tried again. "Who are you?"
She kept her eyes on it and was stunned by its change, this looked nothing like the predator that lunged for her earlier. She heard about this, human by day, predator by night, but had never encountered one and had brushed it of it as a myth, a folktale.
Araldia_Brawn

Post by Araldia_Brawn »

The Demon had a voice and it was female; such trickery he'd never have expected... imagine taking the form of a female human! Furthermore, she pretended to be interested in his identity. He was not going to be fooled by this demon, not like the last one...

"You know who I am, creature of the night! What have you come for?" He demanded, still squinting as he tried to look past the flames.

The last time a demon had come for him, it was his soul that was the bargaining tool. He had managed to keep it but at a price, he was forever tired. As soon as the sun set on the day, at any time of the year, he fell into a deep sleep, not to wake again until the sun made its appearance the following day. It made it very hard for him to keep down a job as during the winter months he would be out stone cold before four o'clock.

He rummaged in his pocket for something to defend himself with, but alas, he had nothing, which meant that he would once again have to rely on his guile and spirit to see him through this ordeal.
Iphito

Post by Iphito »

Iphito stopped and gazed at him, creature of the night? She had been called worse but did not appreciate him calling her that, anger built up inside her and she tried to fight it back.

”I do not know who you are, it was you who tried to attack me.”

Her lips pursed she looked at him, ”I just wanted to make sure you weren’t injured, I see you are not.”

She ran her eyes over him from head to toe while hoisting her satchel into a more comfortable position then turned around while muttering and got ready to take her leave.
Araldia_Brawn

Post by Araldia_Brawn »

It seemed ridiculous to Araldia to be accused of attacking somebody. He was a gentle soul and would never harm a fly, although he knew that over the space of the last six months he had often woken up in the morning with dirt and blood on his hands and clothes. This was the first time that he'd ever woken up somewhere unknown to him though and it frightened him greatly... how, why? So many questions and he had no idea where to begin looking for the answers.

He was suddenly humbled by the fact that this person had wanted to check on his wellbeing and knew that he should thank them, but what if it were a trap? Still encircled by fire, he felt somewhat safe from what or whoever stood on the other side.

"Tell me what you are doing here in the dark of night then... if your intention is not to kill me, why would I awake to find mself here next to you?"
Last edited by Araldia_Brawn on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iphito

Post by Iphito »

The soft crackling of the fire seemed to be the only sound in the woods surrounding them after his words faded into the early morning.
Her head snapped back towards him ”Let me be clear on one thing and let it be really clear.”

Slowly her body had followed her head and Iphito stood there, her hands on her hips and her eyes shooting fire
”It was you who tried to kill me, not the other way around. And I can almost hear you think why on earth would I kill her? Answer that question to me and yourself.”

Undecided to either walk away or listen to his explanation Iphito let out a deep sigh and tried to gather her thoughts. A lot had happened and it seemed so odd to her he would not remember any of it.
Was he toying with her, trying to win her confidence before he would strike?
Araldia_Brawn

Post by Araldia_Brawn »

Her question had him thinking for a good few seconds, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't find any reason for the predicament he found himself in. His heart was beating fast, not knowing whether he could trust this person who stood before him, or even if he could trust himself... after all, if he could get here without being aware of it, what else could he do without being aware?

He decided the best plan of action would be to change the subject.

"Do you have anything that I might use to light my way? I need to find my way back to town and I do not much fancy walking back in the pitch black, you never know... what you might meet out here."