[~Kelona~] - Karcier's Home -

Moderator: Community Team

Karcier_Aisu

Re: [~Kelona~] - Karcier's Home -

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Knock.

Karcier's eyes lifted from his journal, the man walked down the staircase slowly heading towards the entrance door. Each step seemed slurred, a moments pause. It wasn't age, it was sadness. The sadness that he would never see his sister again, the sadness that he had failed her and the sadness of being the last of his kind. His entire body betrayed his perfect acting skills, he could act as if he was great and happy but his movement his body..showed otherwise. Pup herself had said she would not duel him until he returned to being himself.

Knock.

"Alright I'm coming.." he said wearily. With battle robes still on he opened the door and looked, at first he saw no one then he looked down a bit and smiled. "Teide my friend what are you doing here, I didnt know you ventured outside of your home." he tilted his head curiously and pointed. "Whats in that... ?" he asked. His red hair unspiked for the day covered part of his eyes, the wind blew harshly down on them only then did he notice it. "Oh ...were are my manners. Please come in, can't leave you in that snowy and cold place." he chuckled and motioned for her to come in.

The house was somewhat a museum, before leaving Kiene through the portal Karcier had taken as much as he could from Spirus. From a sheild to a strange crystal shard. Books lay scattered across the hallway awaiting to be shelved, stones and trinkets lay still in their open treasure boxes. He bowed his head to Teide. "Please excuse the mess...Faia still isn't happy I took so much ..." he laughs a bit then stops. "So...to what do I owe the pleasure ?"
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide's cheeks were red by the wind chill. The tip of her nose somewhat like a cherry. She could barely continue holding onto the large urn. She tipped her ear to his voice and her lips thinned as they pressed together with minor annoyance. She would've thought it was rather obvious considering the urn was more than half her size....of course her size was considerably smaller than others for reasons unknown. Her siblings were all average sized....that thought again didn't improve her disposition and she repositioned her hands to get a better grip. She failed to see him motioning for her to come in but followed his voice. In unfamiliar places her blindness became a hazard. Her home was all paced, measured and neat for easy motion. The tavern she had taken great liberty of familiarizing the exactness of each table and the distance between the walls and the fireplace. In someone's messy home with a heavy but precious object she made sure to follow close enough so she could hear the edge of his battle robe skirting in a smooth pathway.

As they walked further inside Teide felt a prick of magic in the corner of her eyes. Her vision blurred and the dark shadows of blindness lifted. She stopped suddenly and nearly dropped the urn. She blinked several times and waited as she stood in disbelief. Her eyes only worked in response to magic or the craft. Her blindness a result of the broken and shifting seals placed on her to keep certain aspects locked up. To be able to see in her meant something was making her react. Teide looked around in confusion. Karcier had been walking with his back turned to her so maybe he didn't notice. Well being able to see would be easier...and this perked her curiosity as she looked around a room full of artifacts and all sorts of books....this was a treasure cove to Teide full of things to study, catalog and investigate. Teide was of a curious and rather.....studious nature. She could probably spend hours just pouring over the cultural significance alone much less the use of some of those artifacts. She wondered what she could be reacting to.

As he stopped and asked her the nature of her visit...she was hoping he didn't mean it because surely he must know without asking. Teide sets the urn down thankfully and rubs her hands together to warm them up. "If you need help I could lend an aid sometime. You really should make a record of all of this and organize it properly. This is no condition for artifacts like these. You should also make a list of what each item is capable of. They could be very useful. A whole library of a lost people......" she bit her bottom lip. Since Karcier had seen her before as she was she pushed back the cowl for once. The tattoos in her skin was dormant but the runes around her eyes were slightly glowing with a silver luminescence. The whiteness was gone from her eyes leaving them clear. The left one red and the right one green. Her wavy, long black hair was puffy and hid the small black horns that curled over her left ear. She still had the black satin bound over her left hand hiding the claws. Her right side was untouched by the daemonic features. Teide hoped it would not make him uneasy by she wanted to get out of that cowl sometime. Only Karcier and Genova had seen her like this.

Teide being an empath tried her best to block the emotions of others and was very proficient at blocking thoughts but Karcier's sorrow was so strong there was no blocking it and his smile looked painfully strained. Teide had done very little to hide her sadness. She saw no reason to. Her best friend had been executed unfairly, she had already lost so much and learned a long time ago....how to be lonely. "Karcier....you know why I'm here." she placed her hand on the urn, "Genova...." She could only manage to say the name as a lump formed in her throat and stole the rest of her words. His sorrow on top of her own was felt so strongly she braced trying to barrier and not burst out in mad sobbing. Still tears formed in the corners of her eyes.
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

"If you need help I could lend an aid sometime. You really should make a record of all of this and organize it properly. This is no condition for artifacts like these. You should also make a list of what each item is capable of. They could be very useful. A whole library of a lost people......

He stopped and turned raising an eyebrow, its not a mess... he told himself. Then he simply shrugged at the thought, if she wanted to help she could. He didnt have the time anymore, not with kids. "Sure thing Teide, if you want you can even take something that interest you in exchange for the help." he smiled and chuckled.

Then she said it, the one word he had not wanted to her. Genova. His heart began to pound faster as he lost control over his acting, a few spasm movements caused by an overflow of energy. "I..." he choked in his own words and said nothing, there was silence it remained so quiet that he was sure Teide would hear his heart beating increasingly faster.

"I guess...we should get ...the grave ready...and say our proper goodbye..." he said with a tear rolling down his eye. His body shook, he could barely keep himself from falling onto the ground and crying like a child, but he held on. He had to, he had no choice.
Teide

Post by Teide »

Tears formed in the corners of her eyes not matter how hard she fought against them. For all her inner strength and resolve some things could not be held back. Karcier breaking his facade now was a relief and yet a frustation all at the same time to her as am empathic. What was worse was her bond to him was opening up ever so slightly, wanting to siphon off some of the negativity bottled up in Karcier to feed the parasitic weave within herself. It took more concentration to keep the leeching energy bound up behind the satin that covered her left hand than she had to spare. So the tears came again stinging her already red, sleepless eyes. Teide turned her back to Karcier. Covering her mouth to stifle the sob lumped deep in the seat of her throat, she forced herself to breathe deeply. Tears rolled down over her clasped fingers unwelcomed, disregarding her will. It took her a moment, maybe two, to recollect herself enough to issue any sort of response. Her cheeks were hot, her eyes burned. She was a mess. Teide knew that. Grief had thinned her, paled her out so she was a shell, a mere shadow of her former self. Her body trembled trying to float above the tides of emotions trying to drown her from within. With determination she set her jaw and choked her silent sobs.

With her back turned to him all Karcier would've seen was a moment of emotion and a silent choke. Had he managed to pat attention in his own moment of breaking. She hoped not. Once Teide felt the stone in his chest dislodge a bit and fall back into the pit of her stomach with a heavy thump, did she forced-dry her tears on her sleeve. Only after she did turn to face a very real, broken older brother. Teide had lost a best friend but he had lost a sister and the last of not only his family but his entire race. Teide had family, not matter how alienated she felt towards them or how keen their differences being a mongrel lot, they were still family. In that way she would never touch the truest extent of his grief, his loneliness. Teide had begun to feel in her own way, a certain kinship....even if it was through a forbidden blood to soul bond. She promised to look after him in his sister's place. A promise she took it very seriously.

Teide nodded slowly with great conviction at him. "Yes, we must do right by her and say our final farewells. She wouldn't want us to longer on in sadness forever." It would be difficult and even harder to bring this together. Together they could do this though. "You're not alone. You have Faia, your family and me to help you out. Just tell me what to do. We'll give Genova a funeral she'd be proud of. One where everyone who loved and knew her could say good bye one more time. Then she can be with your parents." Teide forced herself to smile for him, to give him some strength. He felt so fragile.
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

There was a long pause of silence as Karcier merely stared at the floor, no thoughts passed his mind. Only the etching feeling of emptyiness in him, of despair. He didn't want to let go, far less say his goodbyes. But deep down, in that part of him that knew the truth. He had no choice. "Alright..." he said. "She...she wouldnt want me to remain like this...she'd want me to smile...and be happy..." he sighs.

"I have my family, we of the Akavari." his gaze remained on the floor and as he lifted he smiled slightly and put a hand on Teides shoudler. "One that I would consider you part of." he nodded and looked at the urn were Genova's ashes remained. "Did she suffer...I couldnt stay because the guards knew I was here and was searching for me...I...I couldnt even talk to her.." It was a strange question to ask, did she suffer. He wanted to know that she hadn't felt pain, that it had been quick and painless. Was this a way for him to feel less guilty for his failure ? He had to admit, he would punish the person who sent Genova to be executed. That, remained a burning flame within his heart.

Truth be told, ever since he'd acquired the powers from within him. He'd changed, he'd taken a firm grip on his life and that of his family. The Akavari was not blood related, they had been once a travelling group of various creatures all banded togethor by fate until they disbanded and went their own ways.

Karcier had taken the name and remade it, it was one he would honor and follow. A place were all would have that feeling of being part of something. "I have some crystal flowers back from Kiene which I took with me ... I'd hate for them to not be used ... I think they would fit in nicely with Genova...my gift to her..before we say our goodbyes.."

(sorry for delay in our rp's im having a tempo writers block..too much work and headaches :( )
Teide

Post by Teide »

Teide was thoughtful before answering him. Her eyes became misty and she closed them. She could feel a chill touch her slightly dancing on the surface of her bare skin. She was not used to showing her face anymore without the hood. Crossing her arms to steel against the chill of exposure...and loneliness. She bit her lower lip as she heard him describe the Akavari. It was not a history she was familiar with and nothing of it crossed her mind. Possibly because the bulk of her research involved magic and history regarding Zunian texts and legends while dabbling in elven cultures. Anything else she couldn't seem to find time outside just trying to stay sane....trying to not fold against the pressure of pure existence. She opened her eyes and looked at Karcier with a hard to read expression, mixed between sorrow, disgust and a little bit of hope. She smiled slowly at him thankful for his words...she had come to think of him as she would a brother in her own way. As close as one could. She had brothers but she had never grown up with them and rarely saw them. Almost every relation save a few cousins and one sister seemed to at least try. Genova had been the one closest to her....and in the end when Teide considered that...the feeling of separation felt stronger.

"Did she suffer...I couldn't stay because the guards knew I was here and was searching for me...I...I couldn't even talk to her.."

Teide closed her eyes and her fingers dug into her arms as she pulled away from his comforting hand and turned her back to him. The very member left her cold and filled her with emotion she had to use everything to just not break. Empathy was a blessing....and a curse. It was something she would have burned into her forever like a scar on her psyche. She had been able to be in her mind to comfort Genova...feel as she felt and it was a curse to Teide. It was a taste of the courage, despair and surrender of her friend who truly died to protect them all. Did she suffer? Of course she did....whether be it physically or emotionally in the end.....it all come to a dead and swift end...so in a way....still was it quick....she didn't want to recall. Maybe a lie to comfort or was it the truth....she didn't want to look back to open that wound again.

"Her last thoughts were for Locien...and the words of her spirit faded away quickly...she wanted to protect you and Faia....she loved so you very much and your presence despite then danger comforted her...if it's any consolation. I would consider you like a brother as well..."

Teide listened as he spoke about flowers and she turned to face him slightly and nodded. It was appropiate.

"I have roses from Amladris' garden...it was one of the last things we did together. She helped me replant them....I will also put some on her grave. I'll make up the invitations...if you could contact someone from the temple for the funeral we can set it for one week from when the invitations are made and give open invitations to friends?"
Hakon

Post by Hakon »

The house had long been emptied of all Karcier's belongings, writings, books, diaries and any remnants of his heritage or Faia's for the sake of the children and hidden away. It would betray no secrets. Now all Hakon had to do was mark the parameters and throw a bottle into the front. He runs and a noxious as is released into the house. Everything is aged a thousand years. Trees grow high and books and items turn to dust and unrecognizable relics. The very stone and wood of the house is petrified and broken down. In seconds the woods reclaim the property and roots break the rocks. Dense scrub and prickles grown thick making the path impossible to penetrate and the very air is filled with a heavy pollen-induced miasma toxic and deadly.