IRP: Sunspear Annual Party

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

StewartLongfellow

Re: IRP: Sunspear Annual Party

Post by StewartLongfellow »

Waves to Aniel with a free hand, still looking around, making small mental notes as a habit.

Could always drag a few in, kicking and screaming, but they might not make very good company...
Tolin

Post by Tolin »

Tolin wondered in a while later. He had gotten lost a few times having gone streight through the continent without bothering to even use the paths available to him. He prefered the wildlife, and also the peasants on the road would usually run away in fear of him eating them. It annoyed him a bit but what could he tell uneducated peasants who would run away after one glance at him? On top of being slightly late he had gone fishing too and was carrying a rather large catfish draped across his shoulder. Among his people it was customary to bring food to any sort of gathering. He only hoped it was enough. He handed the door man his letter of invitation....as well as the giant catfish. ( :P )

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/p ... 955415.jpg

He strode forward as if this was a completely normal thing. He was dressed for the special occasion...at least to his people's standards. His bearing was strong, proud and firm unlike his usual self. His scales displayed his more richer blues and greens as well as goldish silver like threaded scales on his lining parts of his face. He wore a unusual tribal garb of a chief. Shirtless but with a fine red tribal warriors skirt (not dress :p) the fringes of it is lined with fine gold threads, and eagle feathers. Around his waist is a simple leather belt but with a wooden buckle with symbols on it. It radiates ominously a bit of power just like the gold madallion worn around his neck on a strip of leather. The symbol is a eye shining down above a pyramid.

"Greetings Zahara! I appreciate the invitation. Apologies Im late...i got lost on the way here. I got directions from a blind old hermit. Thankfully he couldnt see me to run away like all the other peasants who see me. *chuckles as he looks around* This will be interesting. I do not think I have yet been to party yet in these lands. How do your people celebrate in these lands?" Tolin looked around with interest at the decorations and food and the musicians. He liked music it was a major part of his peoples culture. He hummed along with it as it went on. He spots the pig on the food bar and points it out having never seen one before.
"What is that thing? It looks delicious whatever it is." his fork tongue flickers as he tries to identify what manner of creature it is.
Zahara

Post by Zahara »

" Stewart, you are too cruel!" She teased him with a smile and a laugh at his statement. As she began moving towards the dance floor, she heard Tolin's voice.

"Tolin, I'm glad you could make it. Thank you for the catfish... We'll have the cooks on that right away! As for how we party, we dance, sing, eat, and have a good time just enjoying the fellowship... "

She was happy to see that there were a couple more people showing up, and her worry eased a bit, but she still hoped that more would show. Hearing Tolin ask about the feast, she replied, "That's a pig... and it tastes delicious. The cooks roasted that on the spitfire."
StewartLongfellow

Seeing the large fellow make his entry to the party, as well hearing about the mention of catfish, can't help but smile. Prepared right, would be something that would melt in your mouth, but as well, quite a hit....might have to see about the kitchen later, if he didn't wind up in a pot.
As Zahara was making her way to the dance floor, he did a once-over of the random pockets he'd set up in this change of clothing, making sure one item was still accounted for. finding it, exhales and relaxes noticeably, then joins Zahara for the dance....hoping the musicians pass muster...or he'd wind up being pressed into service.

My Lady of Fire...a good number of musicians were called in for this event, correct?

Plucks a glass of wine, from a walking waiter, then with a sleight of hand, passes it on to Zahara with a wink
Zahara

Post by Zahara »

"Yes, Stewart, a good number of musicians was asked to be here. The more instruments, the better. " She smiled as she continued making her way to the dance floor. She grinned at Aniel and Cathrina, then looked at Balerion, then to Tolin....

"Shall we all dance? "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XINddkzfTzM
StewartLongfellow

Looks over to the musicians, all seeming to play and sweating profusely, smiles mildly to them, then follows Zahara onto the dance floor.
Two left feet, but shall we dance, m'lady?
Offers a hand smiles
Zahara

Post by Zahara »

"That we shall.."

Stepping onto the dance floor, she danced gracefully and with ease.
Cathrina

Post by Cathrina »

I'll sit this one out if you're alright with it...the man I wanted to dance with isn't here.
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Dwayberry arrived a bit late, but that was probably very fashionable, jus like the dress and matching hat she chose for the occasion.
She handed the doorman her invitation. Even fancier than I expected... , she thought, and made het way inside, following the sound of the music and nodding to those already present.

Dwayberry watched Stewart and Zahara dance. She never heard the song or this unusual rhythm before, but it looked like Zahara knew exactly how to deal with it.
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."
Ambrosia

Post by Ambrosia »

Brows pressed together as she stared down at her dress with the invitation in hand. Her fingers touched against the tender spots in her face, where small bruises had formed. Ambra wasn't the most sharpest tool in the shed. She knew she was going to a party, but decided to duel in the arena the day before anyway. Lifting one leg to flex underneath the blue petticoat, her head canted to the side to inspect the cuts. Dismissively she waved her hand toward her reflection, "Oh well. Maybe no one will notice." She tucked her lips together, and glared at her reflection. The black eye would be hard to miss, but perhaps she could wear a tiny blue veil over her eyes to shade the darkened hood. "I look like Casimir." Ambra complained to herself, and walked over to see what she might be able to use for a veil. She chewed on her bottom lip, and contemplated Sebastian's curtains. Then she decided strongly against it, because after all..he didn't really like the sunlight. Also, if Max stayed with them, she gathered he wouldn't be much of a fan either.

After what felt like several minutes she clipped the sheer blue veil to work like a visor across her eyes. The finishing touch was to tuck the cross Aniel had given her somewhere on her person. One more final inspection of herself, and she was off towards the party invite in hand. Raven curls were barely contained with the pin in her hair, and some loose curls swayed just underneath her earlobes. Once she got to the door she showed the doorman the invite, "Ambra Winterbourne and my plus one, Sebastian, should be here.. or..." She glanced up to the sky to make sure there wasn't the sun to bother him. "Soon." She smiled brightly through her cut lip. After she waited for a few she stepped inside and quietly admired the inside, and glanced to the two figures dancing with a happy sigh.
Sister to Dahlia, Zuan, Zhou, & Serafina. RIP Razen & Cara (Trinity)
Great-great-great-great-great granddaughter of Rannek
TY Aishe for the banner!