A New Start!

Moderator: Community Team

TempestElectra

A New Start!

Post by TempestElectra »

'Why did mother leave me?' said TempestElectra to the wind. As she pondered her question she noticed the sun had started to rise. 'So dawn has started then.' she said slowly as the bright light hit her eyes. She winced in pain, she had been out all night. As her eyes began to adjust to the light she saw dimly the shapes of birds and far off in the distance the outline of the forest tree tops. 'Mother, I miss you!' said TempestElectra sadly. Then she turned around and headed home.

Halfway there she stopped, there was rustling coming from the bushes. 'Who is there?' she asked. No answer again she asked 'Who is there?' and still no answer but there was still the rustling. Slowly TempestElectra walked over to the bushes and out burst a startled baby red fox. Gently she picked the fox up and popped it in her bag. 'I think i'll take you home. give you a bath then set you free!'

Then she walked home.
Sharra_tianna

Re: A New Start!

Post by Sharra_tianna »

I looked at Tempest when she came home. She had her bag in her arms and I could see something wriggling inside it.
*What have you got in there* I asked her.
She did not reply but simply hauled out a tiny red fox that was rather dirty. *That needs a bath* I told her but first I prepared some food for it. Thank goodness for my years with the pack. I knew just how to prepare the food the little one would need.
While Tempest prepared the bath I chewed it's meat then spat it on the floor in front of it and he swallowed it whole. I continued this till he couldn't eat any more. Then while it was now sleepy we were able to bath and clean the fox.
TempestElectra

Re: A New Start!

Post by TempestElectra »

As i watched the little cub sleep, it felt strange to watch him at peace. 'Mum, i saw him and his dead family on my way out this morning. I feel like i should keep him as he is only cub.' as soon as i had said this the cub opened an eye and shot straight at me. Alarmed i stepped backwards and he jumped up at me, barley managing to catch him i looked at Sharra. 'What in the coronation made him jump like that?' she didn't answer for a while.