(ORP) Storms of Discontent

Moderator: Community Team

Nocturne

(ORP) Storms of Discontent

Post by Nocturne »

There were many cycles in the spectrum of the mind: cycles that focused on growth and adjustments, cycles that focused on development and finances, cycles that focused on procreation and recreation, cycles that sought to sort truth from deceptions, and cycles that focused on ethics and morality. And what was seen though a myriad of these cycles was something dark and unstable. There were those who sought to attain power and not pass on kindness and justice to the people, those who had positions of influence and chose to make empty promises.

However, there was hope in the darkness that there would be an end to the madness and at some point, clarity would be seen. However, such hollow tokens of words were nothing more than an insult; the beast had continued his dedication for the people of the realm regardless. It was the way of the world that seldom did people realize the causes that turned people from hero to villain, when it fact it was their own actions that led up to the change. Heroes rose in situations needed, and often could be turned against the very ones they aimed to help - given the right circumstances and corruption of what they once saw as goodness and righteouness. Fancy words only made so much of an illusion before the nature was seen, after all.

The shadowed figure continued working out numbers and trying to help people on their way of building up from inside the confines of the mayor's office, but the more he thought on things, the more it began to feel like some sort of a fancy cage. Luckily, the term was coming to an end, and time would tell where things would lead from there.
Nocturne

Re: (ORP) Storms of Discontent

Post by Nocturne »

"Production up, treasury almost even with where it was in term, excess supplies on hand to make a lot of work for our artisans. Those who wanted the event completed have achieved it. There is ample supply of people now seeing where and how the connections are to build their own local infrastructures. The capital is fully stocked, and the castle only lacks wood for its next upgrade. This has been a decent month for us, I believe." His thoughts echoed around the walls of the office as he spoke to some of the clerical staff. It was time to prepare for the transition to the next person who would enter the office, for as much as he had enjoyed his turn at helping, it was a difficult thing to continue on with, when the rest of the world summoned you, and there were limited things to accomplish from within.

"Leave a list of the transactions for the events, just to make sure nothing is occluded. I prefer it that we have everything in order and neat for the next mayor, whosoever he or she may be." He lightly rubbed the quill's feather along his neck, pondering what things the others would be needed. "There is a large statue with plaque ready for the dedication to Lord Blackhawk. When Hayley returns, if she would like to pen an epitaph, I reserved that right for her. In the meantime, we can setup a celebration of his life in memory for a future date."

Meanwhile, shadows in his mind were making plans. Hollow words and promises had taken their toll over time. To what point does one endure such things, before one chooses to react? It was a conundrum such faced the ancient Han dynasties, and ultimately forced people to choose a path. It was perhaps his time to choose a path of his own.
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

"Why would you even consider running off so soon? The town is prospering, people seem happy, and you've even started roots here!" The brunette folded her arms across her chest and scowled at the Man of Shadows. Such emotions were natural, however, when it was one's home that was at stake, he supposed.

Nocturne nodded to Kim; she seemed slightly upset at his preparations when he had already begun boxing up things in the mayor's residence and preparing to leave. "I know. This place has been home for a long time, dear, but you're welcome to move with me if I decide to do so. That much I promise you. You have served me well since the day that I hired you, and I honor that service." He realized he hadn't actually answered her question, though. "You know that I stand for truth, and keeping one's word whenever possible, don't you Kim?" His crimson eyes sought her baby blues as he turned his attention to her fully. "I don't think that politics is very good for me. I don't like being told one thing, and not having it seen through. I am also restless, and while a logical mind works well in this office, I do not feel comfortable sitting around town for months at a time when I could be out battling or doing other things. Does that answer your question?"

Her cupid's bow lips curled into a pout. "How long will you be gone for this trip, Master? Last time you and Lady Dway went off, it wasn't even a month."

Noct chuckled at the memory, "Well, we'd planned to be gone longer, but then the war hit, and of course we returned to aid where we could. Rannek might be around to help you as well if you need a hand. There's much to update you on, it's been quite the busy month as you well know. Oh, and I'm proud of your work in the smithy. People won't be able to think of you as a princess for long if you keep that soot covering your face," he laughed teasingly. "But for now, I'm planning on a month, but it might be longer depending on what situations arise, or what talks happen. It seems a lot of things are in the works right now, and the high seas call me."

Kim nodded, accepting the change. "I'll take care of things here while you're gone of course. But then, I hope you make Dway leave some of those delicious cookies again. The ones you brought home last week were delicious." So that was where the second batch went. Interesting. "Also...I might be interested to hire a couple new people for the household. Seems you have been busy collecting junk during your travels, and I could use a mage to make some of these perishables ... less so."

Nocturne smiled at the lass' practicality. "Do as you see fit, Kim. I entrust the goods to you."
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

The day had arrived. The final day of his term in Fenia City had come more rapidly than expected. Noct stood on the balcony of the Town Hall, taking a deep yet unecessary breathe as he looked out across the beautiful city. There were many memories made here, both good and bad. He smiled faintly at some of the memories, and zipped the bag closed. "Farewell Fenia City. You will hold a fond place in my heart. Perhaps some day I shall return." He headed back down, "Kim...get your things prepared for when I next call upon you. It might be a shorter trip than expected."

Her shocked expression brought a laugh from the beast, "What? You still have some time for the circuit to be made, yet there's a good bit less than expected. Don't fret. You're ready for it, and besides, you always wanted to see the world, right? Just in time for love day, you might meet a man of your dreams while traveling!" With that, the shadow portal closes to Kim's surprised face, and Noct walks back downstairs, gathering things to prepare for the trip, and loading the cart. "I suppose it's time to see where Dairy Queen is, and make good on our travels."