The Kintapur Hunt

Moderator: Community Team

Adonair

Re: The Kintapur Hunt

Post by Adonair »

"Well, I could be wrong about the source of the three tails." Adonair watches the display of magic in surprise.

When Arkie asks about further attacks, Adonair thinks for awhile and then responds, "As I don't really know that much about kintapurs or this aberrant behavoir on their part, I really can't answer that. However, I would say it seems safe for us to take our trophies and our meat and go home. We'll have to see if they regroup or if this was a unique event."
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

Arkie nods, walks over to the first site, and begins to collect bodies, putting them in the bags that had been brought. Surely, her Da and GrandDa would have been astonished to see the hordes, plagues of kintapur. If there had ever been a gathering like that in her home area, she is sure there would either have been witnesses or evidence. Whether this was the plague of "rats" that had been warned about, she had no clue, or if there were worse to come. Only that this had been definitely a plague, or actually plagues.
She would have a problem doubting things that sounded to farfetched, having now seen something that would have seemed implausible, impossible, and unbelievable.
Shion

Post by Shion »

Her tail waved in gratitude as she swallowed the sugar water. "Methinks I shall avoid trying that again anytime soon." She swiveled her ears, listening to the wind as she closed her eyes wearily. "If someone would carry me, that'd be great. I think I'm going to take a little nap..."
AuroraKiye

Post by AuroraKiye »

That night, after all the gathering of heads and bodies of the kintapur they wanted to carrry, on Arkie's last round she picked up the slumbering form of Fox, laying her recumbent body across her shoulders. They left the meadow in weary silence, the stench of the carrion, kintapur blood, death, and scorched and blasted fur and meat hanging in the air, following them for several clicks. Leaving the majority of the carcasses with Logo, there were still several that found their way to the larders of the others.
The next morning found Arkie with her sharp knife at the edge of the meadow. She wants to get this job done before the heat of the day makes the horrible stench even worse. Taking time to lay wood down in strategic places, she piles dead wood and pine around the meadow. Then walking through the remaining kintaput, lying burnt, hacked, and half eaten, she severes the jugular on any that could possibly come around to consciousness. Slowly, methodically she makes great mounds of the remains on top of the wood, bleeding many whose course of blood still shows a telltale pulse. By noon, her search of the meadow is complete, there are mounds all around the horse, twelve tall byres. She piles more wood on top of the bodies, and sets each pyre on fire, occasionally tripping over some remains or bodies she hadn't discovered on her first round. Throwing them on top of the flames, she searches a little farther out, and after another round of finding no more, she Wishes each mound to burn completely and thouroughly, to become only ashes by nightfall.
Weary, she returns home and spends time cleaning and scrubbing her knife, then bathing herself and washing her clothes. That evening is spent honing her knife so it will be sharp in case of need.