{CRP} A "Happy" Family..

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Arilynn

{CRP} A "Happy" Family..

Post by Arilynn »

With soft, silent steps, Ari moved through the forest nimbly. The early morning ground was covered in dew. Her whiskers collected small drops as her snout pushed around some of the pine needles, catching an odd smell. Tilting her furry red head, her vibrant green eyes darted around. It was such a lovely morning, the sun's early rays giving the forest soft glows. Birds twittered and the sounds of other animals stirring awake or laying down to sleep, surrounded her. She continued on her way curiously, but not too cautious. That was Ari's mistake.

Without realizing, she stepped onto cool metal. Next thing she realized, there was a loud snapping noise and pain shot through her rear leg. Her eyes widened and she made a loud hiss in shock. She didn't waste a thought as her form went from fox to her normal, human form. Her short, dark hair laid freely around her face, her green eyes still wide with pain. Her hands went to the trap, trying to release it's crushing grip on her already swelling ankle. Bear trap. She cursed under her breath, tears welling in her eyes.
Lucius Vorenus

Re: {CRP} A "Happy" Family..

Post by Lucius Vorenus »

Lucius lay on his belly amongst the twigs, the leaves, and the rotting logs. He looked over at his brother, Marcus, lying next to him, fast asleep with his head in the mud. By his own judgment, he would be joining Marcus soon; eyelids weren’t cooperating anymore.

Snap!

The trap! Lucius jolted his head up to see. A smug self-satisfied grin curled his lips as he saw a fox with its hind legs caught in the teeth of the trap. The hours of waiting finally paid off. But his satisfaction faded as he watched the fox meld and take the form of a young woman. A shapeshifter! He threw a punch at his brother’s arm, utterly undisturbed in his sleep.

“Wake up!” he hissed at Marcus, pushing himself off the forest floor. He drew his sword as he stepped into the clearing, keeping the point on her.
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

Marcus grunted and mumbled something about Women and beer and his place as he was rudely awaken from his dream. He spat out some mud that had somehow gotten into his mouth as he became aware of his arm stinging from a punch. He glanced around and noticed that Lucius was up of the floor with his sword drawn pointing it to a slender figure caught in there trap. In a instant he had snapped out of his groggy half awaken-ness and grabbed the nearest thing to him (a small pointy stick) before hastily pushing him self up off the floor and following after his brother with a slightly puzzling look at the thing in the trap
Arilynn

Post by Arilynn »

Ari's eyes snapped up from the trap, settling on a man, sword drawn, walking closer. A sword, pointed at her! A lass wearing a hunting trap around her ankle! Her green orbs moved from the man's face to a slightly younger man, behind him, who held a stick. Her lips pursed into a delicate frown, almost a pout, as her eyes blazed angrily.

I'm in a bloody trap, you fools! She muttered under her breath, looking back at the trap for a moment before her gaze went back to the duo. Her ankle was throbbing and a ringing rung in her ears still, from the loud noise the trap had made. Will one of you stop pointing those things at me long enough to come help a lass in distress?
Lucius Vorenus

Post by Lucius Vorenus »

With his sword pointed at her, he approached slowly. He had just watched her change from fox to woman, there was nothing that told him she would not go from woman to a bear or some other horrific beast. Could never be certain with these types.

"Who are you?" he demanded as he edged closer still, "And what are you doing here?"
Arilynn

Post by Arilynn »

Ari stared at the man in annoyance and disbelief. Could he edge closer ANY slower? She could have screamed for him to hurry. She couldn't feel her foot anymore.

Who am I?! Who in fool's name are you?! She shrieked. But she forced herself to take a deep breath. In.. Hold.. Out.. In.. Hold.. Out.. She pursed her lips together, eying both lads. I'm Arilynn-Eireann Caitriona Lucia Aurelius. And I WAS having a nice, quiet morning walk through the forest before SOME idiots caught me in a bloody trap. Would you stop being foolish and just help some? I won't hurt you. She rolled her eyes. Men. So demanding and untrustworthy.
Lucius Vorenus

Post by Lucius Vorenus »

Lucius paused. Aurelius? Could she be related? He let his guard down, as his mind raced, trying to comprehend the name. Finally deciding that she was harmless, he slipped his sword into it's sheath.

"My name is Lucius Vorenus Aurelius" he said as he bent down the pry the trap from around her foot, "My brother is Marcus Metellius Aurelius," he gestured at his brother with a tilt of the head, "We were just out hunting," he explained, though he doubt he doubt she would understand the need for caution.
Arilynn

Post by Arilynn »

She let out a soft sigh as he put the sword away and knelt down to relieve her of the trap. But then she listened to his words and her lips pursed into a small frown. Did he just say they were Aurelius? As in the family that disowned them?

Heat rose to her cheeks in both embarrassment and anger. She winced as the trap gave way and her ankle was free. She chewed her lip, eying her swollen ankle. Perhaps a falcon was in order.. She didn't need her legs to fly.

She exhaled a sigh. Her ankle was throbbing and her were a bit teary, but her curiosity kept her there. Her jade eyes drifted back up to.. Lucius. The name sounded distantly familiar. He looked a bit older than her twenty years, so it was very possible her mother knew him, before the family kicked her. It was very possible her mother mentioned this man. She looked back at the other man, Marcus. His name didn't ring a bell.

Aurelius? She asked in a quiet voice after mumbling a thank you. As in Lucy Isabel Aurelius? She didn't know if they would know her mother's name, but it was a shot. She couldn't recall her mother's brother's name or his wife, though she knew the existed. Her grandparents were like a myth to her. Any family beyond that didn't exist in her eyes.

The Aurelius family didn't entirely exist to her.

It was just Lucy Isabel Aurelius, Peter, and herself, Arilynn-Eireann Caitriona Lucia. That was her family. The three of them. Not some snobs who disowned her before she was even born.

She looked between the two lads, trying to keep the bitterness she felt rise out of her gaze.