Public Prosecutor Office: Crime Reports/Court Business Only

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Gorm

Re: Public Prosecutor Office: Crime Reports/Court Business Only

Post by Gorm »

Common guys I know tensions are high but pay attention to what you are doing before you post. The topic here is strictly to report crimes or provide evidence like Mallory was asked to do. Take 5 minutes to get a drink, walk the dog or even take a smoke so you can see and think straight before posting. This is an official warning to everyone to keep things straight.
Redkipp

Post by Redkipp »

I hereby lay charges against Dwayberry that she has conducted a crime of Public Disorder, as described in Section III part a — Revolt.
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

And I would like to lay charges against former mayor Redkipp and his sheriff Amor for not managing town defenses properly. Should anyone, acting alone, just be able to take over a town like that?
d. Neglect of Duty -

i. Any legally elected or legally appointed official who intentionally fails to perform the duties of his/her office without due notice of absence and in such a way that the people, the towns or viceroyalty suffer damages as a result of that neglect.
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

((I stumbled upon a bug preventing me from adding a defence witness statement. I reported the bug. Sorry it may take longer now))
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

((The bug was fixed very quickly, yay!))
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Verdict: (Entered by Eliminsinter)
My ruling is 25 f and a day picking strawberries to donate to the TH.

We can not prove you caused any damages but as you stated you did cause a revolt.

Under section III. Public Disorder – Public Disorder is illegal and may result in mild to serious charges at the discretion of the Judge and based on damages. Crimes of Public Disorder may include:

a. Revolt – Any attempt to remove an elected or appointed an official from a Town Hall or the Viceregal castle is considered a moderate to serious crime.Revolt is a moderate to serious crime.

In your case your revolt was moderate. As far as we can see no damages done.
Marcus_Aurelius

Post by Marcus_Aurelius »

Marcus entered the Public Prosecutors office and sighed, leaving two letters on the table
Public Prosecutor Wyllow,

It is with a heavy heart I must ask that Gawain and Buzadam be brought forth on charges of Betrayal as laid down in Bravia Law Section II, more specifically clause D(i), Neglect of Duty.
d. Neglect of Duty -
i. Any legally elected or legally appointed official who intentionally fails to perform the duties of his/her office without due notice of absence and in such a way that the people, the towns or viceroyalty suffer damages as a result of that neglect.
For the charges to be admitted to the court, I present the following evidence;

Drawn from the Newspaper these are the dates that Gawain and Buzadam were acting in a Mayoral capacity;
Newspaper wrote:Marcus_Aurelius has been elected as Mayor of Paz Reported on Oct 15, 1659 10:00 am
Paz has fallen to buzadam, the new mayor! Reported on Sep 16, 1659 10:00 am
Independence declared in Paz! Reported on Sep 12, 1659 10:00 am
Gawain has been elected as Mayor of Paz Reported on Aug 17, 1659 10:00 am
Gawain has been elected as Mayor of Paz Reported on Jul 18, 1659 10:00 am
From the above, we can determine that from the 18th of July, to the subsequent Independence of Paz in September the 12th, Gawain is the Mayor and from the 16th of September until the 15th of October, Buzadam was the Mayor. I ask that these dates remain prominent in your mind for the rest of the evidence.

Before I go into the town logs – I’d like to state for anyone reading this that is unaware with town running. There are two key elements in the process of it that I’ll be referring to heavily throughout namely that of;

Clerical Happiness;
This is a value of how happy the town hall staff are, if this value is low then corruption will rise rapidly causing unnecessary expenditure on audit points as detailed below, the staff will attack the town halls walls and infrastructure. This can be negated by a wage of at least 70f per week or above or given an immediate boost by a sizeable bonus pay. Much like a steward.

Corruption;
As to what corruption is, is speaks for itself really. As to what effect it has on the town hall though is catastrophic, anything sold by the town hall with have some of its funds skimmed off to fund the now corrupt staff and in the instance of it reaching 100% the Mayor will be thrown out and the town made independent, completely trashing the town walls causing even more expense to the Town. Corruption can be managed by spending Audit points (5 at a time) but this is ultimately a bandage to the underlying problem causing significant loss of funds due to the constant need to hire for points, Corruption can be effectively stamped out though by having high clerical happiness.

With both these in mind, I now turn to the logs to show how poorly the town was managed and why I believe betrayal is the most apt charge for these two men, in this letter I will start with Gawain

I will start in chronological order, as far back as the logs let me go;

Jul 22, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 30.00 extra freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 31%, 0%) [1]
Jul 26, 165910:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 50.00 freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 31%, 0%) [1]
Jul 27, 1659 9:42 am [VR Fair] Town Hall of Paz sold 20 bags of wheat at 12.00 each to Viceroyalty of Bravia (Corruption Loss of 19.2) [2]
Jul 28, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 80.00 extra freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 39%, +8%) [1]
Jul 29, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 50.00 extra freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 42%, +3%) [1]
Aug 01, 1659 4:14 pm [Paz Town Market] The Town Hall sold 3 sweet corn at 3.50 each to Gawain (Corruption Loss of 1.26) [2]
Aug 02, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff seem upset that they have not been paid. (Clerical Happiness: 8%, -34%) [1]
Aug 09, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 60.00 freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 12%, +4%) [1]
Aug 09, 1659 6:00 pm [VR Fair] Town Hall of Paz sold 25 bags of wheat at 12.00 each to Viceroyalty of Bravia (Corruption Loss of 24) [2]
Aug 16, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff wonders if the Mayor has abandoned them. They cannot do everything themselves! [3]
Aug 16, 165910:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 60.00 freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 11%, +4%) [1]
Aug 19, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff wonders if the Mayor has abandoned them. They cannot do everything themselves! [3]
Aug 22, 1659 8:14 am [VR Fair] Town Hall of Paz sold 20 bags of wheat at 12.00 each to Viceroyalty of Bravia (Corruption Loss of 38.4) [2]
Aug 23, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 60.00 extra freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 10%, +4%) [1]
Aug 23, 165910:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 60.00 freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 14%, +4%) [1]
Aug 24, 1659 7:28 am [VR Fair] Town Hall of Paz sold 25 bushels of wood at 9.00 each to Viceroyalty of Bravia (Corruption Loss of 87.75) [2]
Aug 24, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Aug 25, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Aug 25, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff wonders if the Mayor has abandoned them. They cannot do everything themselves! [3]
Aug 26, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 60.00 extra freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 13%, +4%) [1]
Aug 28, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Aug 29, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Aug 29, 1659 12:49 pm [VR Fair] Town Hall of Paz sold 30 bags of wheat at 12.00 each to Viceroyalty of Bravia (Corruption Loss of 226.8) [2]
Aug 30, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Aug 30, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 60.00 freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 17%, +4%) [1]
Aug 31, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls [1]
Sep 04, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Sep 05, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Sep 05, 1659 2:07 pm [Paz Town Market] The Town Hall sold 25 pounds of Iron at 5.50 each to Phillerpuff (Corruption Loss of 79.75) [2]
Sep 06, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Sep 06, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 20.00 freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 3%, -14%) [1]
Sep 09, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff wonders if the Mayor has abandoned them. They cannot do everything themselves! [3]
Sep 09, 1659 3:35 pm [Paz Town Market] The Town Hall sold 2 pounds of Iron at 5.50 each to Mateo_Umia (Corruption Loss of 7.59) [2]
Sep 10, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Sep 11, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls [1]
Sep 12, 1659 10:00 am Peasants got sick of the corruption (100%). They feel better now that they threw out the previous Mayor Gawain and the corruption has sunk down to 50% [4]

As we can see from the above, the time Gawain was Mayor was horribly mismanaged, causing the town staff to revolt and throw him out, by my calculation the fact he let corruption run rampant lost the town a further 484.75f in money skimmed from sales by the staff, and how much alone was spent on the wall repair due to the staff tearing it down is uncountable.

I understand the above was a wall of information, therefore I’ve added numbers to each event group and posted my reasoning as to why it is betrayal below;

1. This shows an inability to manage the clerical happiness effectively, leading to significant drops, in some cases as much as 30% due to there being no funds to pay the staff, ineffectual bonuses, wasting money, of too small an amount to get a positive reaction and the evidence that the Mayor let it get so low, they started to attack the town infrastructure itself.

2. This shows that due to the Mayors poor maintenance of clerical happiness, which was one of the factors for the subsequent rise in corruption, a massive amount of funding for the TH was skimmed off of every sale, to the tune of 484.75 freznics, each one removed from the public purse

3. This shows that the Mayor was either not in the town to attend to his duties or had not even stepped foot in his office for several days! There cannot be a clearer evidence of neglect of duty, than the clerical staff noticing the Mayor hadn’t even turned up to work

4. This one speaks for itself, the Mayor neglected his duty to such an extent, the Town revolted, threw him out and subsequently went independent, destroying the walls and massively damaging the people, town and viceroyalty. The definition of Neglect of duty completely.

It is for the above reasons I ask that you take this to court and see that at a very minimum, the town of Paz is recompensated at least 484.75f for the money skimmed due to corruption.

I shall detail my evidence against Buzadam in a subsequent letter.

Regards,

Marcus Aurelius
Mayor of Paz
Public Prosecutor Wyllow,

It is with a heavy heart I must ask that Gawain and Buzadam be brought forth on charges of Betrayal as laid down in Bravia Law Section II, more specifically clause D(i), Neglect of Duty.
d. Neglect of Duty -
For the charges to be admitted to the court, I present the following evidence.

Drawn from the Newspaper these are the dates that Gawain and Buzadam were acting in a Mayoral capacity
Newspaper wrote:Marcus_Aurelius has been elected as Mayor of Paz Reported on Oct 15, 1659 10:00 am
Paz has fallen to buzadam, the new mayor! Reported on Sep 16, 1659 10:00 am
Independence declared in Paz! Reported on Sep 12, 1659 10:00 am
Gawain has been elected as Mayor of Paz Reported on Aug 17, 1659 10:00 am
Gawain has been elected as Mayor of Paz Reported on Jul 18, 1659 10:00 am
From the above, we can determine that from the 18th of July, to the subsequent Independence of Paz in September the 12th, Gawain is the Mayor and from the 16th of September until the 15th of October, Buzadam was the Mayor. I ask that these dates remain prominent in your mind for the rest of the evidence.

Before I go into the town logs – I’d like to state for anyone reading this that is unaware with town running. There are two key elements in the process of it that I’ll be referring to heavily throughout namely that of;

Clerical Happiness;
This is a value of how happy the town hall staff are, if this value is low then corruption will rise rapidly causing unnecessary expenditure on audit points as detailed below, the staff will attack the town halls walls and infrastructure. This can be negated by a wage of at least 70f per week or above or given an immediate boost by a sizeable bonus pay. Much like a steward.
Corruption;
As to what corruption is, is speaks for itself really. As to what effect it has on the town hall though is catastrophic, anything sold by the town hall with have some of its funds skimmed off to fund the now corrupt staff and in the instance of it reaching 100% the Mayor will be thrown out and the town made independent, completely trashing the town walls causing even more expense to the Town. Corruption can be managed by spending Audit points (5 at a time) but this is ultimately a bandage to the underlying problem causing significant loss of funds due to the constant need to hire for points, Corruption can be effectively stamped out though by having high clerical happiness.

With both these in mind, I now turn to the logs to show how poorly the town was managed and why I believe betrayal is the most apt charge for these two men, in this letter I will cover the evidence relating to Buzadam

I will start in chronological order, as far back as the logs let me go;
Sep 20, 1659 10:01 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 20.00 freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 1%, -11%) [1]
Sep 21, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 20.00 extra freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 1%, 0%) [1]
Sep 24, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 20.00 extra freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 1%, 0%) [1]
Sep 25, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 20.00 extra freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 1%, 0% [1]
Sep 25, 1659 10:58 pm A Large statue has been erected at your request [3]
Sep 27, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 20.00 extra freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 1%, 0%) [1]
Sep 27, 1659 10:01 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 20.00 freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 0%, -13%) [1]
Sep 27, 1659 2:07 pm [Paz Town Market] The Town Hall sold 70 pounds of Iron at 5.49 each to Phillerpuff (Corruption Loss of 34.59) [2]
Sep 28, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 30.00 extra freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 0%, 0%) [1]
Sep 28, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Sep 29, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 25.00 extra freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 0%, 0%) [1]
Sep 29, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Sep 30, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 21.00 extra freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 0%, 0% [1]
Sep 30, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Oct 01, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Oct 02, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Oct 02, 1659 11:49 am [Paz Town Market] The Town Hall sold 19 pounds of Stone at 5.50 each to Salina (Corruption Loss of 5.23) [2]
Oct 03, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Oct 04, 1659 10:00 am The Clerical Staff seem unhappy or corrupt! They are literally tearing down the walls! [1]
Oct 04, 1659 10:00 am The clerical staff of the town has been paid 70.00 freznics. (Clerical Happiness: 7%, +7% [1]

As we can see from the above again, the time Buzadam was Mayor was horribly mismanaged, however to his credit he did respond and retake the town, repair any damages himself and towards the end of his term bring corruption under control, though clerical happiness was still poor.

I understand the above was a wall of information once more, therefore I’ve added numbers to each event group and posted my reasoning as to why it is betrayal below;

1. This shows an inability to manage the clerical happiness effectively, providing ineffectual pay and ineffectual bonuses, wasting money, of too small an amount to get a positive reaction and the evidence that the Mayor let it get so low, they started to attack the town infrastructure itself.

2. This shows that due to the Mayors poor maintenance of clerical happiness, which was one of the factors for the subsequent rise in corruption, an amount of funding for the TH was skimmed off of every sale, to the tune of 39.82f freznics, each one removed from the public purse

3. One of the more unusual ones though is amongst the poor pay for clerical workers, corruption running high and the town being in a dire state, the mayor found time to raise a statue, and not just any statue, but a statue to himself!
Town Hall Statue wrote: Large Statue
In honor of buzadam IceSword, for his many years of devoted service to Paz.”
I therefore ask that the minimum Buzadam be charged with is to the tune of 39.93f though, as with Gawain the damage they have actually caused is uncountable.

Regards,

Marcus Aurelius
Mayor of Paz
((OOC: Sorry for the huuuuuuuuuuge wall of text))
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Thank you for bringing this to my attention..
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

In my limited capacity, I won't be filing charges. There are reasons, one of them being Bias', as I have two.

1) One of the men is a family friend, whom has served not only this council but his town in keeping it alive. With the lack of bodies there, this is something to be commended, not condemned.
2) I absolutely get that anyone can come forward to lay charges against someone else and we must weigh those charges. I personally have a hard time placing charges against someone that has been dedicated to their town and VR, only to lay charges by someone new to not only the town, but also has gotten a reputation through the Secfenia Lands of doing harm to other Towns and VR's. Time builds trust.
Hopefully my hesitation can be understood in these two cases.

I have weighed my thoughts thoroughly and what I feel to be fair. I have also weighed whether or not the cases could be won, and at this time have decided that the lawsuit would be a waste of my time and the courts time.

If it is felt that my position on the cases brought forth, that I am not serving my office in a correct manner, then I have no issue in being replaced.
Marcus_Aurelius

Post by Marcus_Aurelius »

Marcus slaps his hand down on the table, leaving another letter, before angrily storming outside
I would like to charge the incumbent Public prosecutor with the following;

II. Betrayal

c. Abuse of Power –
i. Any legally elected or legally appointed official who intentionally uses the powers of office for individual gain or the gain of another at the expense of the town, county, or citizens at large. This includes favoritism that has resulted in harm to the Viceroyalty or Town.

d. Neglect of Duty -

She has openly said she will not prosecute someone due to them being a family friend, even though there is clear evidence of them harming a town. Therefore I demand she is charged with Abuse of power as she has used the power of her office to let another person gain at the expense of a town and it's citizens. This charge is backed up by the clear expression of favouritism that has resulted in harm to the vice royalty by letting them money lost by the Ex-Mayor in Corruption remain, lost.

Furthermore, I demand she is charged with neglect of duty, for the fact she has intentionally failed to perform the duty of her office and bring a charge to court.

Marcus