[ORP] The Shack - Grazilda's Home

Moderator: Community Team

Grazilda

Re: [ORP] The Shack - Grazilda's Home

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda stood in the middle of her tent. A year ago, this tent was a mansion, for only had her axe and her arrow with her. The mutt enjoyed walking outside and only came in for meals and rest. This time, she looked at the scrolls around her. For a few seconds, she felt slightly claustrophobic. She couldn't believe she gathered a lot of things for such a short period of time.

The tent was very comfortable and magically managed to keep her warm during the color nights. Whether this was part of the inner caravan's shield of protection, she didn't know. She was thankful for the tent. It was her haven since she moved to Cork...since she joined the Dalakoi family. It brought her sentimental value. The tent will always be a part and parcel of her as a Dalakoi.

However, she needed a bigger space. Oreo was growing and the mutt wanted to roll while sleeping. She needed more room. She grabbed a scroll and revised the sketch of her mobile home.

Locked per request.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

The sun was up and the wind was warm. It was a slow day and Grazilda decided to be lazy for some reason.

Her shop was attended by her Steward and she already hired people to work on her field. Aside from the daily training, which she decided to skip today, she had nothing else to do. Thus, she declared the day to be a non-stressful day for her.

She pulled the blanket over her head and yawned. She had no intention of leaving her vardo that day, not even for meals. She took the liberty of gathering a lot of bread the previous night to keep her company today.

Nothing can make her leave her vardo, not even Rieron.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda woke up hugging her pillow. However, it was her grumbling stomach that took her out of dreamland.

She stretched her arms and yawned. "I hope breakfast would extra special today." She rubbed her sleepy eyes.

Since it was still dark, Grazilda had plenty of time before breakfast was served in their caravan. Thus, she walked around and later soaped and scrubbed her body clean. She did not need a special ocassion. She just wanted to pamper herself that day.

Later on, she joined the rest of the Dalakoi family for breakfast.

After the sumptuous meal to start her day, she surveyed the grounds and proceeded to her workshop.

She hope that the day would be more exciting than the previous one, where the only interesting event was when she saw Balerion in the tavern
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda was getting annoyed each day since she could not find any plucked chickens.

She layed on her bed and stared at the ceiling. She found it odd that the design inside her vardo was moving. She blinked her eyes as she looked at the ceiling. The floral design seemed to rearrange themselves and took the shape of plucked chickens.

"This is insane!" She got up from her bed and rubbed her eyes.

"I better get out of here," she declared and went back to the graveyard
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

A guard carried a letter to Grazilda on behalf of Calysta.

Seeing as Grazilda was out, the guard waited for her to return, so he could deliver the letter himself.

Dear Grazilda,

Thank you so much for the delicious cookies. I'm eating one right now, and it is amazing! I love it. Thank you so much.

I have a gift for you as well and will be sending it with Scarlet. I hope you like your surprise as much as I enjoyed mine.

Sincerely,
Calysta
~~~~~~
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda walked slowly, her shoulders slumped and her sigh heavy. The day was not yet done for her and she felt so unproductive.

She skipped the shop and went straight to her vardo. She caught sight of a guard and inquired. "What brings you here?" She asked and was given a letter from Calysta.

Her eyes brightened as she read the letter quietly in front of the guard. "Can you please tell Calysta that I am thankful and looking forward to it?" She handed the guard some coins and sent him back to Calysta.

Grazilda carefully avoided looking at the ceiling when she got in the vardo. She could not afford seeing more chicken images. She sat on the chair, pulled a parchment and started scribbling notes and computed on her desk.

She seemed to have made up her mind about something. And when she did, nothing can stop her.

She changed her clothes and headed to the graveyard.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Since the vardo was protected by Rieron's magic, Grazilda felt safe when she slumped on the chair and tried to clear her thoughts.

She closed her eyes and tried to recount in her mind everything that happened. She needed answers and she needed them as soon as possible before things drove her mad.

She grabbed a parchment and wrote a letter to Rieron.

My dear brother Rieron,

You know that you're the only one that I can turn to when I'm troubled.

I would like to seek advice regarding recent events.

I've been visiting the graveyard lately when I needed a peaceful place to think. Suddenly, I heard the voices of my cousin/steward Noah and also Zechin. Both were speaking to me and we even had some business discussion. I even heard Oreo bark one time.

I wonder if you had a hand in this or if this had something to do with me being a sorceress.

Could this be new found magic that only I and a few have?

Looking forward to hear from you, brother.

Sincerely,
Grazilda

She left her vardo and asked a guard to bring it to Rieron, wherever he is with clear instructions to make sure that the head of the Dalakoi family receives the letter no matter what.

Left with nothing to do, Grazilda went back to her vardo and scrutinized the notes taken from her meeting with Zechin and Noah. She could not believe that she took heed from the dead.

Soon, a guard came back with a letter from Rieron, which Grazilda read immediately.

Grazilda,

Of course, its when I leave for a few weeks that things get strange. *insert chuckle*

You are correct. As a sorceress you have heighten senses to the next plane. What that means is that you are able to see, feel and communicate with creatures who were once of this world a time before a lot easier than regular creatures. This is especially true in places like graveyards or battlefields because of the emotional ties of the spirit to their last resting place. Now there are ways to shut this ability off.. It takes concentration and practice.

It is up to you. I use this ability from time to time, and close it off when I don't need it. Nevertheless, how are things proceeding in my absence?

Regards,

Rieron
Grazilda's dark face suddenly brightened. She forgot that she was a sorceress. How stupid of her. She identified herself more as a merchant, if not a soldier, that she forgot her magical abilities. She sighed in relief.

"That's it! Now I know I'm not going crazy," she felt a load lifted from her shoulder.

((ooc: letters were exchanged in-game and permission was obtained from TPB Rieron to post his letter here))
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

(Setting was days before New Year's Eve)

Grazilda was in her vardo and computed the new discounted rates that she planned for the Breaking Bones Shop when she received an order to defend the power.

She sighed as she left her vardo to follow the Stingy, err Captain. She hated to be distracted while in the middle of computing for her shop. However, duty precedes everything. "Interesting timing for the dragon to drop by," she muttered.

This happened for days until she had a mini-battle with Balerion, which was nothing new.

Finally, she was able to resume her activities at her shop. She placed her items at a discounted rate.

Her Steward, Kevin, came running to her vardo and brought news about customers buying items at rates lower than expected. This sent Grazilda fuming like mad. "Mages help me! I just wanted to sell items at a discounted rate but not at a total loss of profit!" She sighed and rushed to her shop to see if she can do something about it.

It must be the luck of the new year, or perhaps she behaved better the previous year that an additional amount of money appeared in her workshop out of nowhere. She suspected that it was either from the gods and goddesses of her land, or the mages of this land.

"Thank you," she uttered a prayer of thanks and returned to her vardo by nightfall.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda woke up in the middle of a cold night. She got up and left her vardo.

She was uneasy and unhappy. She hated how she felt. She had to keep herself busy to forget her loneliness.

She walked outside and left the camp.

As she walked, she pulled her cloak closer and started to wander aimlessly around Cork.

She ended up sleeping in her workshop.
Ghost_of_Genova

Post by Ghost_of_Genova »

Genova somberly walked to the graveyard. She passed by the Dalakoi caravan and suddenly had a bright idea.

"Of course! Grazilda should have a house! Why have I not thought of it before?" Genova shook her head and laughed at her own stupidity.

She cleared her throat and changed her direction. She abandoned the plan to head to the graveyard and proceeded to Grazilda's tent or vardo or whatever was that mobile home that the woman lived in.

Genova rubbed her palms together at her wise idea and ran at the Dalakoi encampment in full speed.

Her whole body hit an invisible wall and was seemingly catapulted away.

"What in the world?!!!" Gen exclaimed as she felt her ghostly body flew in the air and landed on the ground with a loud thud.

"Ouch!" She rubbed her sore behind.

"What is this place? It's too secured that not even ghosts can come in? Hello?!! Is Rieron around? Tell her it's Genova, his partner-in-crime when Widu was flipped and I wanted to speak with this Grazilda woman," she shouted at the invisible wall as she figured out what to do next.