OOC Split from Mayor Thread

Moderator: Community Team

marleen

OOC Split from Mayor Thread

Post by marleen »

Hello all,

Zachrin has declared Cork's closure put on hold until further notice decline. viewtopic.php?f=4&p=198984#p198984 Now is the time to dust off and revamp different aspects of the town of Cork, and of its communications network, the TH notices, the TH programs, and Cork's forum.

As others may be willing to help, it would also be greatly beneficial to Cork to coordinate their efforts with a demographics/census and then an analysis on what is needed.
Karcier_Aisu

Re: Mayor's Office : New and Redecorated

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

marleen wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:36 pm Hello all,

Zachrin has declared Cork's closure put on hold until further notice decline. viewtopic.php?f=4&p=198984#p198984 Now is the time to dust off and revamp different aspects of the town of Cork, and of its communications network, the TH notices, the TH programs, and Cork's forum.

As others may be willing to help, it would also be greatly beneficial to Cork to coordinate their efforts with a demographics/census and then an analysis on what is needed.
OOC: That thread is an OOC one,your mixing your OOC with IC as this area (Viceroyalty of Kiene is an IC area unlike the area you got the thread from which is OOC. Could you kindly clarify that your message is OOC ? As don't wanna confuse people eh.
marleen

Post by marleen »

Karcier_Aisu wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:48 am OOC: That thread is an OOC one,your mixing your OOC with IC as this area (Viceroyalty of Kiene is an IC area unlike the area you got the thread from which is OOC. Could you kindly clarify that your message is OOC ? As don't wanna confuse people eh.
Karcier,

I feel that your question boils down trivialities that do not matter.

This thread is 8 years old. I dug 20 minutes to find it. I gave up after that, I hadn't found a mentor thread.

I am pretty sure that Zachrin and Amarayllis are watching to see improvements to the town, not for things just to stay the same. If they do, I personally feel that we may be reading another unfortunate message from Zachrin and Amarayllis soon.
Silence

Post by Silence »

OOC: I beg to differ, it's both in the code of conduct and generally a good idea so that you know if you are talking to the person behind the character or the character themselves to establish whether you are talking in or out of character... For example, you seem to be talking about threads and forums and things that characters probably wouldn't know about right now, which would imply this is meant out of character... Yet it is in an in character area.

Why is this important? Well, for a start, I myself do not believe it's ok to be rude and abusive towards people... Alder, on the other hand has no issues being generally abrasive. But, then, we are different people. Alder lives in a world where his life is frequently on the line, so politeness appears a lot further down his priority list.

As such, whether your comment is in character or out of character would entirely change my response and my response in character would likely not be appropriate out of character... Also, what Alder wants and what I want when it comes to Cork are different things.

Confusing in character and out of character leads very quickly to situations where people feel they, rather than their characters are being attacked and that takes most of the fun out of the game.

Sorry for the out of character post in an in character area, but I thought it appropriate.
Last edited by Silence on Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

marleen wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:52 am
Karcier_Aisu wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:48 am OOC: That thread is an OOC one,your mixing your OOC with IC as this area (Viceroyalty of Kiene is an IC area unlike the area you got the thread from which is OOC. Could you kindly clarify that your message is OOC ? As don't wanna confuse people eh.
Karcier,

I feel that your question boils down trivialities that do not matter.

This thread is 8 years old. I dug 20 minutes to find it. I gave up after that, I hadn't found a mentor thread.

I am pretty sure that Zachrin and Amarayllis are watching to see improvements to the town, not for things just to stay the same. If they do, I personally feel that we may be reading another unfortunate message from Zachrin and Amarayllis soon.
(( OOC: No doubt about that, as that is what they said they would do, review in February the state and decide from there, so we know we will be hearing from them soon. If after that Cork isn't up to scratch and then its closed so be it, the admins were kind to give Cork a chance.

Next , Alder player covers the points but I'll just say my point again. I'm kindly asking you to clarify whether its OOC or IC so I can respond properly. Now I'll be straight to the point, please clarify if your OOC or IC. Then we can get past the confusion and on to roleplaying.))
Amaryllis

Re: OOC Split from Mayor Thread

Post by Amaryllis »

Couple things here @marleen, @Karcier_Aisu, @Alder

1 The thread I split this from was like 8 years old.. lol The converstation at hand is fine, but please start your own thread for discussion. (As the topic is ooc, that means it would take place in the OOC area.)
2 All added context here, had it been IN Character, I might have left it, however, it was all OOC.

Please remember that OOC content belongs in the OOC area, not in the RP area. =)

Thread locked...

Now, go do some RP so that this new split thread floats ever downwards and off the front page! :P