3.1.005 Preview Part III

Moderator: Community Team

Amaryllis
Community Manager

3.1.005 Preview Part III

Post by Amaryllis » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:14 pm

The next release of the code will have a number of changes going live all at the same time. As such, we want to give our players a bit of a heads up regarding some of these changes. All of these changes are designed to bring in either player suggestions, re-balancing, add new features, or fix issues. Release 3.1.005 is estimated to be released March 7th.

For a full list, you can always view: https://www.pandoraproject.net/bugs/roa ... sion_id=53

Today's preview will go into 5 different changes that are coming with the next release.

First, Golems will be able to join in on battles between players. So, if you haven't already, you can start getting your golems made by your local mason. If you already have a golem, then you just need to have them in your Golem slot in your battle equipment. Once there, they will join in on battles after the release of the next version.

Second, a player suggestion to add the ability to send items home has been added. You must have a steward to do so. This will enable you to have things come back if you forgot to leave something with your steward. As always, there is a chance that you could lose it or get it robbed.

Another change coming up for DiceMaster is the ability to click on "Play Next Game" after completing your turn with the current player you are playing against. This will allow you to get to your next game without having to go back to the DiceMaster main screen. This should help keep those games a going.

One more change coming in the next version is Davi is going to be getting some help traveling. There will be 3 travelers now going throughout the continent. Not all towns are covered and the 3 of them do not even meet on the same node. So, if you are traveling far and wide, you will still have a chance to trade with the travelers.

The last new system being mentioned today is the new Age Verify system. To better comply with COPPA regulations, we are shifting to a new system which will require all players when they log in to verify their age. This will be a one time factor as we transition to the new backend system for it.

We will have another preview of the 3.1.005 code later.

Alder

Re: 3.1.005 Preview Part III

Post by Alder » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:16 pm

I was wondering when golems were going to become a thing.
Heads I win, tails you lose... sound fair?
Where do I get my power? Part of it's from knowing what it is to have none. The rest is from obsession with never being that way again.
Theme as of 24/12/18

Amaryllis
Community Manager

Post by Amaryllis » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:23 pm

:D :D

Grayson

Post by Grayson » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:27 am

with what and how will we be verifying our ages

Zachrin

Post by Zachrin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:51 pm

Grayson wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:27 am
with what and how will we be verifying our ages
There will be a prompt for you to verify your age. It will not require Credit Card or anything like that as I know that's not something that most of us do.
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau

Fath

Post by Fath » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:22 pm

/me mutters..."Women don't like giving their age." as she types. Thinks about lying....wonders what age she would like to be again.... Teenager? Ummm...no. To much a emotional stag. 20's? Oh well...types her real age and mutters some more.

Gretub
Forum Admin

Post by Gretub » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:18 pm

Fath wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:22 pm
/me mutters..."Women don't like giving their age." as she types. Thinks about lying....wonders what age she would like to be again.... Teenager? Ummm...no. To much a emotional stag. 20's? Oh well...types her real age and mutters some more.
This is part of our terms of service and not a joke. Please be advised violations of the ToS can result in the removal of an account.

Alder

Post by Alder » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:13 pm

I'm fairly sure this was a joke.
Heads I win, tails you lose... sound fair?
Where do I get my power? Part of it's from knowing what it is to have none. The rest is from obsession with never being that way again.
Theme as of 24/12/18

Xis

Post by Xis » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:22 pm

Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) is a US federal law to protect the privacy of children under the age of 13, as a minor under the age of 13 is unable to consent to any legal agreement, and thus must have a guardian consent for them. I'm not saying it is not within the sites rights to put what ever they want in their ToS about lying, but clearly the issue is minors lying about their age, not adults.
Information Use, Sharing and Disclosure
• We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
• We may share your personal information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Secfenia.org's terms of use, or as otherwise required by law.
Confidentiality and Security

No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
Age compliance is nothing new, but neither is users wishing to protect their own information online either. Warning users to not lie about their age puts more focus on why the service you're providing information to is now moving to better COPPA compliance methods than previously... At the end of the day, lying about age is truly only of importance if you're under the age of 13 years of age, and if you admit to lying about your age for the owners and operators to protect themselves from legal action against them. I would urge the administration to be firm but polite with their further wordings, urging users to comply honestly, but not urge them against lying; it looks bad and sets the wrong tone in their heads for future compliance.

Zachrin

Post by Zachrin » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:49 pm

Our Terms of Service does include a clause about entering one's age information correctly irregardless of being a minor or an adult. We strongly urge that players do so. The age of all of our players is a compliance issue that we hold true to ensure not only for the protection of our players, but also for us. It is true that if a player misrepresents their age and then we find out they are under the acceptable age, we must address that situation. We have had in the past where parental guardians contacted us and we addressed the situation on a case by case basis based upon COPPA guidelines. In the case of adults or other minors, there may be other legal situations where a dishonest age verification may have impact upon the player and it is a violation of our terms of services as a protective measure. I would hate to see someone to have a situation come to haunt them later. In the end, we can not force anyone to be honest on any situation, but we can help people more when they are and it is appropriate.

Players who are concerned about potential privacy issues are more than welcome to contact us privately or to review our Privacy Policy. I am going to lock this thread as I believe that it has served it's function. I apologize for any confusion on the matter or if any feelings were hurt in the thread regarding this.
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau