ORP: At the Ceili!

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Mallory

ORP: At the Ceili!

Post by Mallory »

Invitations were sent to all of the Kingdom. The Vardos that weren't occupied were piled with blankets and cushions and the ones that wished brought their occupied ones as they set up the huge campfire. Mele's own vardo was arranged in the circle. The bonfire was set up, massive piles of wood that Ella had assured Mele she would set aflame and keep from burning dancers. She was excited. Proud. A selection of clothing in the true Roma style had been laid out for others to borrow from should they wish to join in the fun of dancing. Some locals had brought their instruments and more stumps and logs were split for creatures who wished to join in the playing to sit upon. Zipp had cleared the snow and a little magic kept the ground warm, and the grass was, just for the night, a lush green, thanks to some fae work. Though she'd had to give up her beloved silver ring to make the trade. Cushions and quilts were scattered about. It was, in the end, all set up, with heavy tables laden with food, the kills from the first hunt of the year were roasting off to the side, for those who liked less cooked foods there were tables of that. Each item was labeled and every creature had meal options. There were barrels of drink, tapped and ready. Everything was ready. And as Mele smoothed her hand down the dress she wore. It was a bit revealing and she'd recently had a blow to her confidence. But Fallon, Varann, and Zipporah were coming and she could never feel that bad around them. It would be the first time, she thought, that Fallon and Varann had seen her dance, so she wanted to look her best. She hoped many turned out. She hoped it was an amazing time. But most importantly, she hoped the music that was currently playing was played again.
Varann

Re: ORP: At the Ceili!

Post by Varann »

A promise is a promise" thought varann as xie wanders to the glen despite how tired xie felt. Xie wore well what xie usually did but be cause of it being dark by the time xie started out xie had removed the bandana.
Soon xie came to the rings of Vardos and started to look for Mal
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

Her eyes were moving over the grounds, the massive space was alive with fires and bright cloths, cushions, and food, but she was watching and waiting. A shift in the feel of the air around her told her someone was arriving and she looked over before running to where Varann was, throwing herself into xer arms. "You came! You really came! I was afraid you might be too tired. Come and sit by the fire with me? We can wait on others to arrive," she babbled a bit when she was happy and tonight she was really happy. The stars shown brightly overhead, the moon glowed at a crescent. She pointed to the one of the blankets laden with cushions, plenty large and plenty soft. "Please?" her smile is bright and relaxed, finally becoming at peace in the night.
Varann

Post by Varann »

Xie chuckles and lets Mal guide xer to the cushions grabing an orange juice on the way.

"I brought my fiddle. I'm never too tired to make music so I csn do that if no opportunity to dance comes about
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

Mele smiles and pulls one of the low tables over to the blanket and cushions she'd selected, so that Varann could place her drink somewhere. She couldn't stop the grin that widened at the news, "I love music that will be lovely. Most dances aren't done with partners, but in groups or in lines or squares. So nothing embarrassing I promise. If I had to follow someone exactly I would likely fall on my face. I'm not the most graceful creature in the room." she pressed her hands over her mouth and stemmed the tide of words flowing out, "Sorry. When I'm nervous I babble." She quietly curled her body into it's usual tuck and settled onto the giant cushions that she wasn't sure Aishe and Zuan knew they'd paid considerable money to have done in time. The cushions ranged from twice the size of a single bed, to simple single cushion just big enough to rest beneath a human bottom. The fire would be crackling soon, she hoped. She really did not want to light it, though she did know how.
Varann

Post by Varann »

Xie settled with Mal and laid back with her in xer arms
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Today was finally the day. Elisa had been excited to go to this party for days, ever since she was invited. She was nervous as well as she had never been to a ceili before. By conversation in the tavern she had learned it was custom to bring food for the party. After thinking about it she had decided to make corn mush, it was a simple dish but at least she wouldn’t arrive empty handed. It was not that difficult to make either, just boil the corn and then thicken it a bit with cornmeal so it would set and be solid enough to be picked up and eaten, instead of needing a spoon. Apart from preparing the food she had been preparing herself. Making sure she washed properly after working on the field, even though it was cold. After that she had picked blue clothes to wear, they were still new. Well, new to her anyway. She hadn’t worn them yet since she received them. Zipporah and Mallory had given her the clothes and many other very useful items for her home. She had been very happy with them as she had been a lot warmer now. But now with the party she was very grateful she would not look like a beggar as well.

Mallory had told her the party would be north of the town, easily findable by the big bonfire that would be lit. Though now she was standing in front of the city walls, she could see trees, but no fire. A little bit apprehensive she entered the trees hoping she would soon find it. Luckily it didn’t take long before she reached a clearing. She didn’t see a large bonfire here, though it seemed a lot of house wagons were parked here. She could see the outline of two creatures but it was too dark to see who they were. She tried to silently get closer so she could check if she had found the right place while remaining hidden as long as possible. Preferably until she had determined she was at the right place.
thanks to Aishe for the banner
Varann

Post by Varann »

Xie nudges Mal "I think we have a guest Anam,"
Fallon

Post by Fallon »

''Make that two.......'' came a voice nearby... ''Somebody had to watch her as she walked here!''

Fallon gave a low whistle and a horse came into the clearing, walking slowly towards him. He pulled some meat carcass from the saddle's back and threw it next to the unlit fire, rubbing the horse's muzzle and whispering words in it's ear. With a final stroke he walked away, leaving the animal to forage itself, within the ring of Vardos.

He gazed silently at each of the folk looking on, unaware of any tradition or custom as may be dictated by decorum. Instead he raised his voice ''Well met fellows'' he hailed all as one, then turned his gaze towards Mele and Varann ''Good evening both, he said with a smile ''and good evening to you!'' he called to Elisa.
Ella

Post by Ella »

So coooooold. The outfit that had been picked out for her didn't help to keep her warm at all. Ella was one to wear a long sleeve black dress in the dead of summer just to feel warm. She was often found sitting in the middle of a fireplace, basking in the heat of the flames that licked her skin. She was always, always cold. She pulled a dark navy cloak around the outfit. She was still unsure about it despite being told it was very pretty on her. Ahh well, she could step out of her comfort zone for a few hours.

The dark hair woman arrived at the glen that had been described to her. He formed faded into view from the darkness itself. She could barely make out any of the figures, who was who. But she did see a large pile of wood. Time for fire. With a wave of her hands, she lit the pyre ablaze.

"Ahh, that's better."
❋ Duchess of North Fenshire ❋ Wife of Zuan ❋ Finance Minister of Fenia ❋ Mayor of Fenia City ❋