Monkeys, Lycan, and Ravens

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Varann

Re: Monkeys, Lycan, and Ravens

Post by Varann »

It wasnt th3 first time Varann has found xerself walkung the black sand desert. It had happened once before when xie had been attacked by a golden Xanthreel......

The issue was till xie found the exit xer body would be shutdown and fir lack of a better word xer mind would be unable to rejoin them.... Darn modular construction.... makes it so easy for the body and mind to be seperated

So where was xie gonna walk this time towards the rising or setting sun
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikola shook her head at TK's suggestion that she might have a better idea. "I've no clue either. The tavern is as good as anywhere. Creatures from all over frequent there so perhaps Idunno might know something, or else someone who might have some skills." She cast a sly look up at her companion and smirked. "That is, if you don't burn her or throw her through a wall before she can come up with an answer." She winked playfully then went serious again as she looked at Varann. She reached out to touch the creature. She sensed something in it, but not life as she understood it. Yet she knew that with Varann, nothing was rarely as it seemed. "I do hope xie will be alright somehow," she said more seriously.
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

When they entered the tavern he placed Varann's seemingly lifeless form on the table and called Idunno over. "If there's anything you can do for Varann then do it. And if you need any additional supplies then simply say the word." TK left them there and went behind the bar and grabbed a large bottle of brandy and two glasses. He went to a table and sat, poured both glasses full of brandy and waited for Nikola, who was having a word of her own with Idunno.
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikola entered the tavern behind TK and waited silently as TK placed Varann on a table and called Idunno over to tend to xer. After speaking with the barmaid, he simply left them there. Nikola guessed he did not know any more than she did about Varann’s species or how to help. She exchanged glances with Idunno and shrugged. “I have no idea how to help xer, or even exactly what happened.” She went on to fill Idunno in on what she could recall of the evening’s battle and Varann’s part in it. The barmaid seemed thoughtful as Nikola relayed to her about the portal and what she had seen from her vantage point. As she finished, Idunno simply nodded and began examining Varann. Nikola stepped back to let her work.

Looking over at TK sitting alone at another table, she noted that he had filled two glasses with brandy. After making sure that Idunno did not need anything more from her, and assuring her that they would be there for awhile at least should she have need of anything, she went to join him, taking a seat opposite him before claiming one of the glasses and downing a good portion of the fiery liquid that it held.

Glancing over at the seemingly lifeless body of one she had known for so long she shot TK a concerned look.
“I can’t believe xie is gone. Not Varann. I do hope Idunno knows something about how to tend to the body and bring xer back.” She looked him over for any signs of damage, but if he had been hurt, he had either already healed, or the wound was concealed. She could not determine how much of the blood was his versus the creatures’ he had slain. “Are you alright?” she asked, wanting to make sure.
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

While Nikola spoke with Idunno TK downed his glass and refilled it. When she came to sit with him he smiled. "I'm fine, but there's nothing more I can do to help Varann. So I leave it to Idunno. How are you doing?"
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

She nodded in agreement and understanding. “I’m fine, too. I did not get close to any of the creatures personally.” She unstrapped her quiver and lay it next to the bow on the table. “I did learn how to use my power in conjunction with the wood in the arrows, though. That was a little different for me, and it seemed to work. Well enough, at least,” she smiled and patted her aquamarine encrusted compound bow. Downing the last of the brandy in her glass, she pushed it back toward him for a refill.
Calor

Post by Calor »

meanwhile Idunno had gone to Varann's chambers upstairs and politly knocked on the door and waited till Calor, xer son answered. He yawned having been woken up from his one of the many naps that his half human body required.

"my Teulu isnt in right now Idunno. you'll have to wait for xer to finish up with xer hunt if you need anything,"

idunno spoke softly telling him what happened while he grabbed a box and quickly went down stairs. upon seeing xer still form he went over to inspect xer putting the box on the floor next ot xer. it was a old looking medcines chest with a few lines and dots carved into its lid

"Teulu?....oh what have you done this time....." he said muttering to himself not realising TK and Nikola were there "an empty shell... mind gone walkabout ...... now how best to draw you back,"
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK refilled Nikola's cup and nodded "Aye, it was very effective." Just then someone came in and looked at Varann. "Do you know that being?" He asked Nikola.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

She had seen Idunno retreat upstairs and so had been watching when she returned with the youngling in tow. She brought the fresh glass of brandy to her lips and took a sip as TK asked about who the being was. Nikola shook her head, trying to remember whether she had seem him before or not, but she did not recall his face and did not know who he might be. "He seems to know something about Varann, though," she answered. She recognized the word he used when speaking to the still form. "Teulu," she repeated softly. "He may be related in some way," she guessed aloud.
Calor

Post by Calor »

at hearing the questioning voices he turned and his three eyes blink slightly as they focus on the people in the room.

"oh sorry are you friends of my Teulu? I''m Calor her son...."

His voice trails off as he internally debate wether he should tell them any more