Mo Gra'ath (My Treasure)

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Mallory

Mo Gra'ath (My Treasure)

Post by Mallory »

She'd been a bit nervous sending the letter of to her bibio, Morji. She was nervous because she wanted so much for everyone to get along. Her bibio was a bit strong, as were most of the leaders of their natsia and their familia. She was waiting at her vardo. That seemed the most logical place to meet at they all knew where it was. The wind smelled sweet and warm the soft scent of the stream running mixing with the rich smell of damp earth, she closed her eyes and took in the sounds of the water flowing over the rocks, the shift of the loose leaves gathering around a trees as the wind blows them in a gust, the damp smell of decaying leaves and wet earth momentarily filling her nostrils. Confident she was as calm as she could be she stood again, letting go of the dirt she'd clutched in her very real grounding.
Varann

Re: Mo Gra'ath (My Treasure)

Post by Varann »

varann arrived wearing the suite Evan made xer for important ocassions xer long white hair is intricately braided and each braid has gemstones woven into it. and insead of the usual bandanna holding them in place xie had taken the time to pin. the only xer eyes blinked in the sun light getting used to the brightness as for once they were uncovered. they were the only concession xie made to the fact that xie was formally asking Morjianna to allow xer to marry Mallory. xer same old bag the one that never really left xer side was as old and as traveled stained as always. but the again it had look the exact same way when xie first found it all those years ago

"Mall? you here?"
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

Mallory stood dusting her hands down her skirt without thinking, pushing to her feet years of dancing, walking, and riding her body move fluidly. She shaded her eyes, "I'm here Ves'tacha" she called, her voice echoing a bit as she was overexcited and spoke too loudly. She stopped briefly when she saw Varann. Xie was dressed in a suit Mele had never seen and she quickly shut her mouth and let the broad smile slide across her pale skin. Once she caught her breath she practically flying across the expanse of land to hurry forward, her arms thrown open. "Ves'tacha you look even more amazing than usual" She had never seen Varann dressed as such and it made her feel a bit dowdy in her spring green and gold saree. She wore the emerald coronet that had been a gift, and the pieces Varann had presented her.
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana felt as if she was shaking a clerk from her skirts by the time she finally left the castle in response to her niece's invitation. "Worse than yvyrm or cockroaches," she muttered as she finally managed to mount her horse and break into a canter through the gates. She thought she heard a voice calling after her on the wind, faint words about peasants chasing her down the road. She pretended not to hear and spurred the horse once more. The ride was refreshing, though it left her hair unforgivable tousled. The sense of liberty from the feel of the horse's power and the wind across her face was worth it, though.

She slid down from the horse and loosely tied it to a sapling, leaving it to graze while she made her visit. Morjiana hadn't been to Mallory's vardo before, but she found she approved of it. It demonstrated a sensible respect for the traditions of their people, she felt, something she was never sure she could count on her nieces to do. She raked her hands through her hair to impose some order on it, brushed the dust from her skirt, and approached the door.
~ Morjiana Sanchari of Chere ~ Seer, Busybody, Matriarch ~
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

Mallory waved from where she was with the door open, "Bibio, come in! Have tea!" She waved her inside. "Please"
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana stepped in and gave the vardo a sweeping, critical look, followed by a sweeping, critical look up and down her niece. The girl looked well enough, happy even, which was good to see. One eyebrow raised slightly as she observed the other guest present, a creature she had met occasionally in the tavern. She gave Varann a nod and offered her niece a stiff embrace before settling herself in the chair that seemed to be most comfortable.

"You look well, Mallory," she said as she waited for her niece to pour the tea. "How have you been? It's a long while since I've seen you."
Mallory

Post by Mallory »

Mallory was probably not the ideal creature to have become Morjiana's niece. Where as her bibio, aunt, she mentally reminded herself to translate in case Varann wasn't up to date on her language yet, was more reserved Mele lacked that quality throwing herself heart first and headfirst into everything she did with an enthusiasm that practically vibrated around her and rolled off her skin like a physical feeling. She accepted the embrace with her usual vigor, returning the hug carefully enough not to risk breaking any bones or causing any harm. Once Morji was settled Mele poured out tea and spoke to Varann softly, knowing xie would hear. "Ves'tacha come meet my bibio, my aunt Morjiana, the head of my familia." She placed a tea for each of them on the small table and then perched on the arm of the longer of her sofas, patting beside her as a hint to Varann.
Varann

Post by Varann »

Xie smiles and joins Mallory and polietly waits for Morjiana to take a sip her drink before drinking xer own.

"I am glad to be able to meet you Morjianna.
xie gentally takes Mallory's hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze

I appologise if anything I do seems in proper. I am still learning but I would like to discuss with you about my intentions to marry your niece
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana's brows shot up to her hairline for a moment before she managed to school her expression back to neutrality. She tried to hide her surprise by taking another sip of the tea, which she had to admit to herself was very good.

"And what natsia are you from?" she asked blandly, hoping against hope that Varann would claim some honorable connection to the Roma. Her nieces had a terrible predilection for marrying gaje, one that she still hoped might be amended in at least a handful of them.

(OOC: Natsia, roughly Roma clan. Gaje, non Roma beings)
Varann

Post by Varann »

I'm afraid that I am not Roma, my heritage is that of the Star Travellers and my family is of the Shadowborns gentally taps by xer third eye to drawn atention to xer non human heritage "I know this will dissapoint you that another one of your nieces have fallen for a non-roma. xie turns to Mallory and smiles "but Mallory is M'anam thats my soul in the language of my people and I cant see myself being without her"