Conquest

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
balerion

Conquest

Post by balerion »

Bravia seemed to be sleeping. Balerion waved to a few figures he saw on the streets and made his way towards the castle. He had a complaint for the administration as to how terribly long it had taken for his court case to finally end. Crossing the drawbridge he was confused when he saw no guards. He politely knocked on the door which promptly fell over with a dull thud. Confused he made his way to the throne room finding it empty. He shrugged, made his way into the treasury and fell asleep on a pile of gold. Everything would surely make more sense in the morning.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Katie

Re: Conquest

Post by Katie »

Early on this same morning as the clouds were overcast with just a faint misty drizzle in the air, Katie awakened and made herself some coffee.
It was going to be one of those easy going Autumn days where by she did anything she wanted, but she remembered promising Morjiana she would teach at the university when possible. So suddenly she changed gears as she commenced rushing frantically to get ready. Soon she was out the house and dashing off to the university where she made it there in time to teach!

Of course teaching Dodge was fairly easy for her and soon as she was finished, she headed home with a sense of accomplishment. As she arrived, there was her steward Harold with a NEWS NOTICE in his hand and a frown on his face which was most revealing.

"Good grief, Harold, why do you bother reading the town gossip and the Viceroyalty gossip?"

Glaring at Katie, Harold rolled the parchment papers and tossed the latest news toward Katie without so much as an utterance and then he militiristically marched away!

Katie shrugged her shoulders, retrieved the News scrolls and walked inside dropping her book titled Dodge for Dummies on the table along with the news...... She was hungry and that was all that she could think of presently. So she cut a slice of cheese and placed it between two slices of bread and sat at the table to eat her meal and to read the latest gossip which had annoyed Harold.

REVOLT IN BRAVIA: BALERION IS THE NEW VICEROY! She had to read the headlines once again for this was shocking. Uncle Bal, she contemplated! Then she read the headlines several times to allow it to really sink in.....

She commenced reading all of the fancy medals he had given to different creatures, too numerous to imagine and finally another shocker: BRAVIA IS NOW A MONARCHY!

Kstie pushed away her cheese sandwich and the NEWS as she rushed to retrieve her armor and various other necessities. She knew Commander Tuvoria would be calling in the troops so she prepared for whatever could possibly come next as she scurried off toward the The Bravian Defense Forces army with her army supplies and her cheese sandwich.

What an unbelievable day, she pondered.
banner by Aida j'Otun
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuvoria was walking by having just returned from Paz when he spotted Katie sitting near a certain slimy lizard. He loosened his sword in its hilt and walked up to Katie.

Leaning forward he whispers " Take care with this reptile. Keep your Army on its toes. My army is heading back to Paz. Between us and Logo, we should be able to get him and his cohorts into a vice. I'm headed to the cathedral to pray then will begin the resupply operations."

Thanks to Teide for the banner
balerion

Post by balerion »

Balerion awoke. He blinked as small man shuffled forward and placed a crown on his head. He blinked again. "All hail the king!"

In a slight bit of panic Balerion groaned, Not again! Why does this always have to happen to me? Dwayberry, I'm putting you in charge. I've a royal headache and can not be bothered today. Make any decision you see fit. I know how you adore handing out medals, maybe do that to make people feel loved.

This was going to be a long day. And rainy. He could smell it in the air. He approached the window and peered out across the city.

*Wish I had the energy to write more, but I can only manage a bit right now. Feel free to join.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Katie

Post by Katie »

After the strategic military planning to trap Uncle Balerion failed, Katie wondered what it would take to finally catch him? Her contemplation didn't last long before a squire brought her an official missive summoning her to the Viceroyalty Castle Courtroom. Katie had no clue what business she had there! Could it be they were going to ask her to pay some of Uncle Balerion's fines for damaging the castle walls? If so, she had some news for them! She may love him and all, but she did not own a gold mine in her backyard with leprechauns working it for free...! Surely they would not ask her to pay his damages!!!! Then it dawned on her that he could have looted the castle too. She gritted her teeth and gnashed and ground them together- then shook her head realizing he would not loot like this!!!!! He couldn't because even he had his standards! He wasn't a common thief and that is precisely what common thieves do!! But she wondered why he even destroyed the Republic of Bravia Castle walls and then moved it to Paz? She knew the news was capable of gossip, but not in this case. There was no gossip, but what about looting?? If there was looting, could Dwayberry do it, Katie wondered? Katie thought Dwayberry had some standards too. She shrugged her musings off.

Soon she entered the run-down delapidated Republic of Bravia Castle. There she was met by Morjiana. Morjiana informed Katie that she was being summoned to become the new judge to be sworn in due to the emergency. What bad luck Katie thought. So Katie commenced bartering with Morjiana... "What does my uncle owe? I will pay 2000.00 fs if this will all go away." However, Morjiana explained the new Council had made the decision to appoint Katie judge.

Katie fled as soon as she was sworn in. What?? The Judge of Bravia?? Katie rushed away toward the nearest tavern.... She knew what would be the cure for this awful predicament- a whole barrel of Mollie's Extra Strong Fire Whiskey! She would drown herself in her sorrows as she felt the sting of her raw emotions flooding her broken heart. And even though she didn't drink strong stuff, today would be the day for it!
banner by Aida j'Otun
Esmaralda

Post by Esmaralda »

As Esmaralda finally got her keys back to the Finance Office and reopened it, she quickly directed the clerks to start going over the books and count the gold and items in the treasury. To her surprise, nothing had been stolen. Indeed there was damage done to the castle, the walls, and a few clerks may have taken advantage of the chaos and taken a little extra for themselves when no one was watching, but at least the treasury seemed intact.

She sat back into her old chair and relaxed visibly.
Katie

Post by Katie »

OOC...
1) Please note I received permission from Morjiana to use her in my previous post as I did.
2) When I am Role Playing, fyi, Sunrise, Daybreak, Early morning, Dawn, etc... refers to BIG RESET!
Sunset, Dusk, Sun Down, Nightfall, etc... refers to SMALL RESET!

IC....

THE BRAVIAN GUARDSMEN ARMY LOG BOOK
By Capt. Katie Sunspear

Yesterday, early morning, Uncle Balerion flew into Bravia City and there was a skirmish
between him and the GUARDSMEN which consists of Lt. Alexandria, Captain Buzadam
(aka Buz). of Paz, Cpt. DarkRose, my brother-in-law, Sabotender, and myself, Captain
Katie of The Bravian Guardsmen Army.

I am listing all in my journal who have been previous captains of armies due to their exper-
tise. However, should I die in battle, Lt. Alexandria is to take over the army seeking advice
from the army captains within and Vicerine or is it Queen Willow?

Katie's Yesterday's Battle Log Entry:
Sep 20, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 1 of Battle 1020331] balerion attacked with their unencrusted sword and wounded you (-126 HP). You grab your longsword (Backup Weapon) and wield it as your primary weapon. Your skill in Entrenchment gave you a bonus in your defense! Your skill in Blessings of Mucaz gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Halo of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Aura of the Mages gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud...
Sep 20, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 1 of Battle 1020331] You attacked with your longbow and nicked balerion (10 HP). Your skill in Weapon Training gave you a bonus in your attack! You fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Your skill in Blood Lust gave you a bonus in your attack (-1 FP)! Your skill in Wrath of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your attack (-2 FP)! You were disarmed! You were blinded! You have thrown a poison towards your enemy! Their Legendary Skill Trade Off caused you to also take damage (-10 HP) (They are fleeing the battle!)
Sep 20, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [First Strike Round in Battle 1020331] You attacked with your longbow and lacerated balerion (184 HP). Your skill in Weapon Training gave you a bonus in your attack! Your skill in Blood Lust gave you a bonus in your attack (-1 FP)! Your skill in Wrath of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your attack (-2 FP)!

Today is Monday September 21, 1660.

Sep 21, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [First Strike Round in Battle 1020331] You attacked with your longbow and decimated balerion (299 HP). Your skill in Blood Lust gave you a bonus in your attack (-1 FP)! Your skill in Wrath of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your attack (-2 FP)!

---‐---‐-----------

On Another Matter, for my memory recall....
Late last eve, before defending the castle, I rushed over to the cathedral to check on it.
Upon my arrival I was met by Uncle Balerion without any of his weaponry in the vest-
ibule. He complained of sickness. First thing which crossed my mind- I could care
less what anyone said or says, I am going to lovingly heal my special uncle! They may
not see good in him, but I see lots of good. So I prayed and then as I was laying on
of hands to his ailing muscle, heat energy began radiating out of my two palms- espe-
cially my right palm! He suddenly smiled and I knew he was feeling better.

Thanks be the Spirit of Light Alignment and the Mages. Amen.

Afterward, I rushed back and donned my armor and weapons. I then gave the orders:
We want to take Uncle Balerion alive! Let's DEFEND to the bitter end!!

Katie thought: All of these creatures in these parts expect families to be clones of one
another because they tend to be that way. Not a Sunspear!! We are the bestest family
because we are all uniquely different! Our uncle may be most strong and powerful, but
he is also one who wants the best for all of us... in a strange sorta way. I can't explain
it to creatures or people alike, but that's ok. Love is complicated!

---------------------

After the battle Uncle Balerion retreated and is now at rest in the cathedral where he is in
solitude.
banner by Aida j'Otun
DarkRose

Post by DarkRose »

DarkRose prepares her war horse and help the army against the invasor:
Sep 21, 1660

[Attack/Defense] [First Strike Round in Battle 1020331] You attacked with your longbow and decimated balerion (259 HP). Your skill in Weapon Training gave you a bonus in your attack! Your skill in Blood Lust gave you a bonus in your attack (-1 FP)! Your skill in Wrath of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your attack (-2 FP)!

[Attack/Defense] [Round 1 of Battle 1020331] You attacked with your sai and lacerated balerion (152 HP). Your skill in Weapon Training gave you a bonus in your attack! You fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Your skill in Blood Lust gave you a bonus in your attack (-1 FP)! Your skill in Wrath of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your attack (-2 FP)! You have disarmed them (-2 FP)! You have thrown a poison towards your enemy! Their Legendary Skill Trade Off caused you to also take damage (-152 HP) (They are fleeing the battle!)

[Attack/Defense] You felt a surge through your longbow as if you were more proficient during your Army Kill List battle with balerion (Round 1) [141% to 142%]

[Attack/Defense] [Round 1 of Battle 1020331] balerion attacked with their body appendages and lightly wounded you (-46 HP). Your skill in Entrenchment gave you a bonus in your defense! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud... Your Legendary Skill Trade Off caused your attacker to take damage.

End of battle, tomorrow we give then a little more Bravian love...
Morjiana

Post by Morjiana »

Morjiana permitted herself a thin smile after her exchange with Katie, an indulgence she hadn't allowed for days, before turning her attention back to the rebuilding and restoration efforts.

(Morj god modded with permission in Katie's prior post.)
~ Morjiana Sanchari of Chere ~ Seer, Busybody, Matriarch ~
Katie

Post by Katie »

Dear Army Journal,

Last eve, before donning my armor and taking the midnight watch in the Bravian Guardsmen, I scurried over to the cathedral to perform my closing of the doors ritual. Again, from within the vestibule was a sickly Uncle Balerion asking for relief from an infection. So again, I did the right thing because that is what a loving, light emitting cathedral does! After the healing blessing he flew out happily as I waved bye.

It was not long before I was back in the army outpost wearing my army fatigues and my arsenal of weapons as midnight approached. I relieved Alexandria and commenced pacing around the outer parameters of our borders. Approximately between the time I took over and the crack of dawn, DarkRose came to relieve me of my duties, but I asked her to permit me to keep on guarding. What can I say? I was not tired in the least bit!

Just before daybreak, all heck broke loose so I alerted the Guardsmen that another fight was on once again.....!! ONE FOR ALL, ALL FOR BRAVIA!!

Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 7 of Battle 1020331] balerion attacked with their body appendages and whacked you (-22 HP). Your skill in Entrenchment gave you a bonus in your defense! Your skill in Blessings of Mucaz gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Halo of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Aura of the Mages gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! You healed DarkRose (+30 HP -2 FP)! You healed Alexandria (+30 HP -2 FP)! You countered their attack (-23 HP)! You have blinded them (-2 FP)! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud...
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 7 of Battle 1020331] You attacked with your body appendages and lightly wounded balerion (44 HP). Your skill in Weapon Training gave you a bonus in your attack! You fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Your skill in Blood Lust gave you a bonus in your attack (-1 FP)! Your skill in Wrath of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your attack (-2 FP)! You were blinded! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 6 of Battle 1020331] balerion attacked with their body appendages and nicked you (-15 HP). Your skill in Entrenchment gave you a bonus in your defense! Your skill in Blessings of Mucaz gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Halo of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Aura of the Mages gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! You have healed yourself! (+375 HP, -2 FP) You healed DarkRose (+30 HP -2 FP)! You healed Alexandria (+30 HP -2 FP)! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud...
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 6 of Battle 1020331] You attacked with your body appendages and grazed balerion (1 HP). You fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Your skill in Blood Lust gave you a bonus in your attack (-1 FP)! Your skill in Wrath of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your attack (-2 FP)! You were blinded! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Health] Alexandria nods your way and you feel refreshed. (+30 HP)
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Health] Alexandria nods your way and you feel refreshed. (+30 HP)
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 5 of Battle 1020331] balerion attacked with their body appendages and wounded you (-77 HP). Your skill in Entrenchment gave you a bonus in your defense! Your skill in Blessings of Mucaz gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Halo of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Aura of the Mages gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud...
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 5 of Battle 1020331] You attacked with your body appendages and lacerated balerion (217 HP). Your skill in Weapon Training gave you a bonus in your attack! You have blinded them (-2 FP)! You fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Your skill in Blood Lust gave you a bonus in your attack (-1 FP)! Your skill in Wrath of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your attack (-2 FP)! You healed Alexandria (+30 HP -2 FP)! They countered your attack (-31 HP)! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 4 of Battle 1020331] balerion attacked with their body appendages and lightly wounded you (-52 HP). Your skill in Entrenchment gave you a bonus in your defense! Your skill in Blessings of Mucaz gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Halo of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Aura of the Mages gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! You countered their attack (-29 HP)! You have blinded them (-2 FP)! You were blinded! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud...
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 4 of Battle 1020331] You attacked with your body appendages and wounded balerion (105 HP). Your skill in Weapon Training gave you a bonus in your attack! You fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Your skill in Blood Lust gave you a bonus in your attack (-1 FP)! Your skill in Wrath of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your attack (-2 FP)! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 3 of Battle 1020331] balerion attacked with their body appendages and lightly wounded you (-51 HP). Your skill in Entrenchment gave you a bonus in your defense! Your skill in Blessings of Mucaz gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Halo of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Aura of the Mages gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! You healed DarkRose (+30 HP -2 FP)! You were disarmed! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud...
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 3 of Battle 1020331] You attacked with your longbow and grazed balerion (4 HP). Your skill in Weapon Training gave you a bonus in your attack! You fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Your skill in Blood Lust gave you a bonus in your attack (-1 FP)! Your skill in Wrath of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your attack (-2 FP)! You healed DarkRose (+30 HP -2 FP)! You were blinded! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 2 of Battle 1020331] balerion attacked with their body appendages and nicked you (-16 HP). You grab your longbow (Backup Weapon) and wield it as your primary weapon. Your skill in Entrenchment gave you a bonus in your defense! Your skill in Blessings of Mucaz gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Halo of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Aura of the Mages gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! You have blinded them (-2 FP)! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud...
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 2 of Battle 1020331] You attacked with your longsword and lacerated balerion (160 HP). Your skill in Weapon Training gave you a bonus in your attack! You fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Your skill in Blood Lust gave you a bonus in your attack (-1 FP)! You were disarmed! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 1 of Battle 1020331] balerion attacked with their body appendages and whacked you (-28 HP). Your skill in Entrenchment gave you a bonus in your defense! Your skill in Blessings of Mucaz gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Halo of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! Your skill in Aura of the Mages gave you a bonus in your defense (-1 FP)! You have blinded them (-2 FP)! You were blinded! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud...
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [Round 1 of Battle 1020331] You attacked with your longsword and lacerated balerion (180 HP). Your skill in Weapon Training gave you a bonus in your attack! You fired off a Psyonic Blast (-2 FP)! Your skill in Blood Lust gave you a bonus in your attack (-1 FP)! Your skill in Wrath of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your attack (-2 FP)! You watch as they stumble a little in a green cloud Their Legendary Skill Trade Off caused you to also take damage (-180 HP)
Sep 23, 1660
4:00 am [Attack/Defense] [First Strike Round in Battle 1020331] You attacked with your longbow and decimated balerion (257 HP). Your skill in Weapon Training gave you a bonus in your attack! Your skill in Blood Lust gave you a bonus in your attack (-1 FP)! Your skill in Wrath of Zachrin gave you a bonus in your attack (-2 FP)!

After the battle, Katie was well pleased with the soldiers... "So we live to fight another day, soldiers"!
banner by Aida j'Otun